View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #49
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracleâ„¢

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
Wow ignorance runs everywhere, so sad to see a good forum go down the drain allowing this. [...] Im just sickened by the closed mind and ignorance faile.
I think the ignorance is all yours. The Hitler comment was less out of place than you might think. Everybody who has a little bit of culture and knowledge regarding politics and history could affirm that. Of course Bush is no Hitler, I don't think the comparison is about the superficial aspects you are referring to. Faile is not that stupid to affirm they are clones or that they would damage the world using the same means. Bush and Hitler sadly are a sign of times and I agree Hitler would do less damage nowadays than Bush, and with Bush I'm talking of the whole system of interests covering his precious back. Don't start again with the genocide thing. Don't act naive: we are not talking about that.

I was upset that Bush was elected again, but ok, I can respect (even If I can't agree with them) those who voted Bush for real convinctions or because he's really doing their interests. In the end voting is precisely choosing as a leader the person who can grant you to keep your interests safe. But the fact is most voted for him because they didn't have a valid choice, for escapism or because they didn't know anything about politics. This could be for several reasons, for example what Spank said about Kerry or for the fact in our world who's keeping the media in his hands is usually also the one who has the power, who's doing the interests of the ones who have the power or again who in any case has the power to reach the higher political spheres. I agree with Spank that Kerry was not the "man" that people would see as a President. Kerry didn't "look" like a President, and consider the word "look" in the wider sense of the term. I'd also like to continue something started by Mena. She pointed out which are the states who voted for Kerry. Oddly enough, but again only on a superficial level, only states located on the "edge" of your country voted for Kerry, or the ones closer to Canada. States that in most cases, coincidence or not, are the nevralgic cultural centers of the US, the states I mean that contributed the most, speaking of cultural products, both on a traditional and avantgardistic level (I doubt North Dakota or Montana ever produced anything significant speaking of culture...). Those states wanted Bush out.
I don't know for you, but for me this means something, even if I'm a little ignorant closed-minded administrator who's letting a good videogaming forum go down and be corrupted like that, so that so many cultured and enlightened minds have to escape from us and our blasphemy and look for salvation and protection somewhere else.

Anyway, many around here would do better studying the history of their own country before accusing others of ignorance. Maybe too much videogaming is the best way to keep brains younger and safer from too much thinking and reflecting about truth or possibilities behind what others want you to know. I'm not trying to cause you an heart attack with my rudeness, but frankly I am the one sick of the ignorance. People have their own theories and many studies have been written thanks to the fact people are free and able to think differently, also risking to appear "extremist". If you're done with the forum, I don't think after your meaningless and gratuitous accusations we could care less. Faile didn't offend or attacked you, while you did. Why? Probably who lacks the ability to keep argumentations on a more serious and mature level finds easier relief and strenght in attacking others, instead of spending more time trying to reply otherwise. Attacking somebody else like you did is always a sign of weakness. And ignorance is definitely weakness.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03873 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,920KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo