View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:27 PM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
How is the Close Quarter Combat system?
Ah, whoops, I forgot to mention this because I mainly tranquilized all the soldiers (I'm a wuss ). The CQC is very effective and very improved now. Facing the enemy, you do a basic punch, punch, low kick which causes the guy to hit the ground. From behind, you press the O button, then you grab the enemy. From there, you can do various things:

- Interrogate the enemy by holding down on the O button and pushing L3.
- If surrounded by enemies, pull out your gun (square button) and use the guy as a human shield.
- Knock/shove the enemy to ground using the left analog stick and O (then you can pull out your gun and scare the guy, causing him to drop weapons...like in MGS2)
- Finally, you can (my favorite) slice the poor guy's throat by pressing O again.
Also, the roll move (which was really slow in MGS2, IMO) has been improved because Snake rolls much quicker.

Quote:
How many camo patters are there?
There's probably a whole bunch more but for the demo, there's only 7:

Naked: Just shirtless (I dunno why they can't just say shirtless...) Going shirtless, obviously, makes you a open target as anything can see you. If you're feeling macho, this works, hehe.

Olive Drab: The basic camo you arrive in the jungle in...until you get your backpack. This pattern is a solid color of just an olive green (not good because it's a solid color...you hardly wear this afterwards)

Tiger Stripe: This pattern works with soil, trees, and bushes. It's a tiger pattern but in green/brown tones.

Leaf: The most effective and most used pattern, IMO. Since there's so many bushes and greenery, this pattern helps you blend into them nearly 95%. It's patterned with light green leafy tones.

Tree Bark: Well...it's good for trees only. Actually, I hardly used this one at times because even while you're pressed up against a tree, it's only about 80% of coverage. -_-;;; It's got a horizontal tree bark pattern with mostly dark browns.

Squares: It's got a black-and-red checkerboard pattern. This is only useful later in the demo when you infiltrate the base where Dr. Solokov is kept prisoner. The base is entirely in a brick pattern, so this is the one to use.

Black: This is just a solid black color and it's only effective in dark areas, but you know...I hardly used this one because there weren't many dark areas and everything was covered in green shrubbery. Unless you're in "Splinter Cell", this won't work. ^^;;

Quote:
Were there any boss battle ?
I actually managed to finish the demo and no, there weren't any boss battles. But, in the magazine, they said right after you rescue Dr. Sokolov, the young Revolver Ocelot makes his appearance.

Quote:
Did come across any monkeys in the demo?
LOL! No, there weren't any monkeys....I have no idea when that will come into play...I was on the lookout though.

Quote:
btw, i still cant find the demo around here, they say ill have to wait till tuesday to get the mag..
That sucks, man. I really hope you get it soon...honestly, I was surprised to receive mine! But yeah, I hope you get it soon, it rocks, you'll love it.

Also, I have some corrections/revisements to make to what I said in my first post, but I'll do that later, I gotta go. -_-;;;

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Oct 2nd, 2004 at 02:29 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03473 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,928KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo