View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #31
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I dont know Meryl, but those things are the best thing about TWIN SNAKES. I just loved every single CUT SCENE and WOW, the MUSIC.........I mean just WOW!!!!!!! I loved it. But then I geuss, everybody has their taste of music.
For goodness sakes, I never said the cutscenes are so bad that it made me want to gouge my eyes out, I just said they were flashy and a bit overdone. They are still really good and I do like them, but I did catch myself feeling a bit exasperated when there were a lot of those acrobatic jumps, moves, dodges, a la Matrix-style. That's all. And for the music, the music for the rest of the game was fine, no complaints, but it was just the elevator part. Didn't like the rock and roll music because it didn't fit with the overall tone of the game, IMO.

Quote:
The CODEC conversations, why not redone? They should have....... with codec having the same drawing pics, this game cannot be called complete RE-MAKE of the original.
Ah, for that, I'm actually relieved and glad they kept the original stills for the CODEC. Yes, it's a re-make, but it's not so bad to keep a little of the old with the new. Personally, I didn't really like the 3-D models for the CODEC conversations in "MGS2"...so I wouldn't have liked it if they did "Twin Snakes" the same. But that's just me.

Quote:
Although I liked the way she sounded, but the female who was doing her voice didn't put an extra effort to make her sound the way she should've sounded. She was at times too dull and bored. Even when she was talking about her life/past and her brother.
Omg, I know. Her voice was so monotone and very dull...it was like "Rose and Raiden" all over again.

Quote:
Meryl, I cannot believe you didn't like David Hayter's voice. hehe..
Heh, I'm surprised too. But I really do just prefer the younger sounding Snake for MGS1 and the older one for the future games. ^_^

Quote:
One more thing I didn't like was that the development team didn't add new things in the game. Like.....new rooms or extra stuff........ they should have. Seriously.
Well, this may not count as to what you're saying, but I really thought the Yoshi and Mario figures on the desk were really cool...and the GC as well. I also liked the inside joke about Otacon speaking about animes...with the little video of Kojima's "Z.O.E" anime playing.

Anyway, I also finished the game but I stupidly forgot to write down the website to input my clearance code. Does anyone know it? I got the Leopard rank...not so hot, I know. -_-;;;

Also, has anyone noticed how easy the game is? I played it on Normal difficulty, the same as I did with the PS1 years ago, and I just breezed through "Twin Snakes". I had such a tough time with the PS1...but "Twin Snakes" was so easy. A lot of the boss battles seemed easier too...like the Ninja and Snake fight? Do you guys remember that the Ninja came towards you, in stealth, attacking with his sword? Well, in "Twin Snakes", all I did was just run up and punch him and we just did hand-to-hand combat all the way. It was ridiculous! And the Metal Gear Rex fight at the end was actually easy too...when I first played the PS1 version I couldn't beat Rex at all...it was so bad that I stopped playing for 1/2 a year and then went back and beat him. Everything else was pretty simple too...now you can shoot the cameras and run by freely...you can use the FPS to shoot many things and a lot of objectives were simpler. Is it just me?

Two more things: Has anyone here found the M9? I could've sworn I searched all over and I couldn't find it.

and

Does anyone know how to stick someone up from behind and move to the front while still pointing the gun at them? I don't think there is a button for that and as a result, I only got 1 guard's dogtag.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.86245 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,931KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start