View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #30
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

The cutscenes are really well done...very cinematic and all, but it's kind of flashy...it seems that there are more cutscenes or extra being added to the original. Like in the original MGS, when Snake got off the elevator in the beginning...he just ran over to the large crate and contacted Campbell. In "Twin Snakes", there's all that flashy footage of Snake taking off his diving gear, then Liquid preparing to get on the chopper, then back to Snake and then back to Liquid...yes, we all get the idea that these two are rivals...there's no need to "overdo" it.

Speaking of "flashy", it brings me to the music. What's up with the rock and roll music when Snake got on the elevator making his way up and the title came on? It's sounds so upbeat and more action-adventure than espionage and haunting. I haven't gotten into the game farther to see more about the music, but that kinda disturbed me.
I dont know Meryl, but those things are the best thing about TWIN SNAKES. I just loved every single CUT SCENE and WOW, the MUSIC.........I mean just WOW!!!!!!! I loved it. But then I geuss, everybody has their taste of music. I just think it was done very well. I know people dont really want my opinon about the game as they would think "MakgSnake" is going to say its amazing and all because he is over the top extreme fan of the series, but still I would say it. Its UNBELIEVABLE. I'd give a 9.4/10. Why the 0.6 short.???... Well, there are certain things I didn't like about the game too. The CODEC conversations, why not redone? They should have....... with codec having the same drawing pics, this game cannot be called complete RE-MAKE of the original. And well I agree with you Meryl, NAOMI's voice over wasn't that great. Although I liked the way she sounded, but the female who was doing her voice didn't put an extra effort to make her sound the way she should've sounded. She was at times too dull and bored. Even when she was talking about her life/past and her brother. Other then that I think the VOICE overs were done amazingly. Especially SOLID SNAKE's. Meryl, I cannot believe you didn't like David Hayter's voice. hehe..

One more thing I didn't like was that the development team didn't add new things in the game. Like.....new rooms or extra stuff........ they should have. Seriously.

AND they didn't play "The Best Is Yet To Come" at places it was played in the Original........ I WAS PRETTY PISSED ABOUT THAT!.! DAMN. Thats why I'd give it a 9.4/10, instead of 9.8/10.

I love TWIN SNAKES. Its an awesome game, and the best GAMECUBE game yet. In my opinion. I finished it in 9 hours 52 minutes, I know its nothing great and all but still... but have already started playing again.

Every GAMECUBE owner should HAVE THIS GAME. Seriously.

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.19731 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,897KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below