View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 02:39 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

have you heared of a j-rock band called THE PILLOWS, they're the band that did most of the music on fooly cooly, if you havent i highly recommend them. you can listen to some of their stuff here (FURI KURI OTS 1-2). here are some songs that i really recommend, last dinasour, ride on shooting star, hybrid rainbow, little busters, blue drive monsters, i think i can and crazy sunshine.

Yeah, I've heard of The Pillows...I think their music is pretty nice, but are they an actual band or do they just do anime music?

Quote:
Originally posted by Panuru

There are few names I can add to your list: Plastic Tree, MUCC, Cali=Gari, Moi Dix Mois, which is the latest Mana's from Malice Mizer project, and Due'Le Quartz. I think also Due' Le Quartz guitarist, Miyabi, has now started a solo career, so it could be another option.
Thanks for your list, Panuru! I heard of the Plastic Tree, but never got a chance to check them out.

Quote:
Originally posted by kupoartist

i'm curious, and I know that strictly speaking this is kind of off topic, but anyway: how much of the lyrics do you understand, and how does your understanding of them effect your enjoyment of the songs?

Personally, i've aquired a handful of Japanese language tracks (and a few more non-english ones), but I don't find myself listening to them over and over again because I can't really understand them... but at the same time, I can still appreciate some of the better tunes and at least gain some nuanaces of the performances that some artists give...
Back then when I started listening to Japanese music, I didn't understand a thing. But now, I understand a little (and I do mean a little) of the slower songs. I can pretty much make out what they're saying by a few individual words and I also look at the lyrics and make out the hiragana. That's because a lot of the songs repeat many words, such as "love", "feelings", etc. so you kinda get the general idea. I've also attempted doing my own lyrics by listening to the songs.
I can understand why you wouldn't listen to the music especially since you can't understand it, but for me, when I hear Japanese music, it relaxes me. And I can seem to tolerate all sorts...like if it were heavy metal in Japanese, I'd take it fine...in English, I'd get a headache. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

others like mentioned before, dir en grey, Malice mizer, the more heavy stuff, never really liked too much, and i found that out even more when i saw some of their sites, they are all chicks, but guys undernieth, you just can't really tell by their pictures.
There's nothing wrong with that...they're actually quite pretty, interesting, and unique. Just because they dress a certain way doesn't mean their music isn't good.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 9th, 2004 at 02:41 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.39314 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,921KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo