PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gameboy Player? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6623)

merylsilverburg Aug 19th, 2003 11:59 AM

Gameboy Player?

Sorry if there's another thread like this, I haven't been around much to check. :P

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if any of you guys tried out the Gameboy Player and if it actually works and worth the purchase. I'm planning on getting one for my sister who's interested in playing some GBA games on the TV, but wasn't sure how the quality looks from the small LCD screen to the TV.

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. :)

MakgSnake Aug 19th, 2003 02:59 PM

I would say go for it. But to be honest, you will not get the best picture. But not saying that its bad. Its a great device. Surely a very cool invention. I am pretty sure she would really like it.

Plus buy from a place like "Best Buy"..... or a store similar, that is if even she doesn't like it, she can return it and get your full money back. Like that you have nothing to lose.

But I am pretty sure she would like it. .......

happy_doughnut Aug 19th, 2003 07:56 PM

You should get it, Meryl. :)

Although you don't get to see the full screen (at least I can't), the picture quality is pretty good.

It's great because this way, you don't have to stuggle with a GBA to play some really good games; you can play them normally on your TV.

The only thing I dislike about it is the 1 player thing. I'm not sure if you need something like a Game Boy Link, but it seems you can only play as 1 player. At least, I don't see how you can play with multiple people, given that the game supports it, that is. :P

All in all, I think your sis will like it, and you might, too. :)

ssjtrunks13 Aug 19th, 2003 09:33 PM

Does it give you better picture than the GBA did when you stretched the old gameboy games out? I was wondering once I heard it just stretches the screen.

dan da man Aug 20th, 2003 05:54 AM

Gameboy player?? Are you on about the Gameboy SP? :confused:

merylsilverburg Aug 21st, 2003 12:51 PM

Thanks for the help guys. :happy: I had a feeling the picture quality would be okay, but this is fine...my sister isn't really into games, so this sort of thing won't bug her as much.

And dan, I'm talking about the Gameboy Player, which is a device/accessory that allows you to play your GB games on your TV. You just hook up the Player to the bottom of your Nintendo GameCube, pop in a GBA game and you can start playing. This is a great idea for those darker games (for people who are stuck with the GBA and not the GBA SP), like "Castlevania". :)

Redpyramidhead Sep 3rd, 2003 05:38 AM

I have the gameboy player and it is awesome. Mena, you can adjust the screen size in the menu while play. Did you read the instruction booklet? You can even make it full size on your tv screen. You will get borders on the bottom and the top because of the shape of the GBA advanced screen, but it's not bothersome. Meryl, go for it. THe GBA has seen some incredible game and will continue to see them. It's awesome to see them on the big screen. The sound quality is slightly off, though. It sounds a little muted. You can play multiplayer games on the gameboy player, but its complicated. You have to have somebody else with their own game boy wiht the system link which is kind of lame, but most GBA games are 1 player oriented anyways.

_RED_ stuff