PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Worst Gundam Series? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6219)

Saddamized Jun 3rd, 2003 06:55 PM

Worst Gundam Series?

Just wondering, need some posts :laugh:

I've seen many series so far, but i'd have to say the worst is either G Gundam or Gundam wing. There isn't much character build in these 2 series and well its all about just bang bang shoot in these (ecspecially G Gundam) don't get me wrong i enjoy watching both of them but they're just at the bottom of my list thats all

omni vengeance Jun 3rd, 2003 07:40 PM

most definately G gundam. it was horrible and at least gundam wing actually had a story to it

Vicious_2003 Jun 3rd, 2003 11:52 PM

I never watched whole lot of any fo the series but I saw a fair number. Id have to say I didnt enjoy G Gundam at all, something about the way they piloted was just off.

ssjtrunks13 Jun 4th, 2003 08:54 AM

Re: Worst Gundam Series?

Quote:

Originally posted by Saddamized

I've seen many series so far, but i'd have to say the worst is either G Gundam or Gundam wing.
I strongly disagree with you those two have to be the only two I actually like. In my opinion all the others that they'd shown on toonami are the worse.

omni vengeance Jun 4th, 2003 07:35 PM

toonami sux...im about 2 start a thread about how much i hate it!

Suzuki_Fanboy Jun 4th, 2003 08:52 PM

Gundam Wing is crap...however...

G Gundam had a pretty deep and interesting storyline, IMO. I was kinda stunned at some of the dumb mech designs, but if you look past those, it's actually got a decent story.

But yea, Gundam Wing is the worst by far.

Chaos Jun 5th, 2003 04:55 PM

im sorry but i strongly dissagree....

Gundam Wing: it was a masterpeice great story line, awesome gundams

Rating: 8/10

G Gundam: WTF does the G stand for!? sucky gundams, god aweful story line, gay looking characters

Rating: -10/10

there ya have it folks!

~*Chaos*~

Suzuki_Fanboy Jun 5th, 2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chaos
there ya have it folks!
Yea, there we have your opinion. Don't talk like it's the truth, because it is strictly your personal opinion, nobody elses.

Preventer Wind Jun 5th, 2003 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
I strongly disagree with you those two have to be the only two I actually like. In my opinion all the others that they'd shown on toonami are the worse.
My thoughts exactly.

How can you say there was no character build up in Gundam Wing or G Gundam? Did you watch more then a couple of episodes? I mean a lot of it, especially G Gundam, was mostly battle after battle. But still...does that make the series bad? In Gundam Wing almost every battle led to something unforseen. And then the battles themselves were good. It's not like they just went around destroying everything until there was nothing left to destroy.

But I guess it must be a hit or miss show seeing as how it's about half agree and half disagree. Gundam Wing is probably my first or second favorite anime ever.

Chaos Jun 5th, 2003 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Preventer Wind

My thoughts exactly.

How can you say there was no character build up in Gundam Wing or G Gundam? Did you watch more then a couple of episodes? I mean a lot of it, especially G Gundam, was mostly battle after battle. But still...does that make the series bad? In Gundam Wing almost every battle led to something unforseen. And then the battles themselves were good. It's not like they just went around destroying everything until there was nothing left to destroy.

But I guess it must be a hit or miss show seeing as how it's about half agree and half disagree. Gundam Wing is probably my first or second favorite anime ever.
i strongly agree PW.....ok ok im sorry about that Sazuki fanboy:ghost: :P

Vic Viper Jun 6th, 2003 12:37 AM

gundam wing and g gundam's alright. but i much prefer universal century stuff over the alternate sagas. :P

seig zeon!!:arrr:

Suzuki_Fanboy Jun 6th, 2003 11:35 AM

Vic Viper is a good man (or woman...no gender icon!). UC ownz.

Vic, have you seen Char's Counterattack? It's so amazing...if you haven't yet, you need to watch it ASAP.

Cannibal Clown Jun 6th, 2003 11:52 AM

G-Gundam wasn't that bad. I didn't like the animation or gundam designs that much, but like said before, it does have a deep story line, and the main characters are well thought out, with unique persoalities and deep characteristics.

I also liked gundam wing. The whole idea of mecha pilots being children has always bothered me, except for eva o coarse. But gundam wing was still pretty good.

In my opinion, the worst gundam series that i am familiar with is Gundam War In The Pocket. I mean, six episodes long, and the main chaarcter doesn't even pilot a gundam. That is what i call retarded.

Other than that, all of the gundam series seemed okay to me. The better ones are Wing, 08th ms team, and SEED.

Preventer Wind Jun 6th, 2003 01:27 PM

Oh how could I forget...but the mech designs in both are by far the best. Sure G Gundam had some really really bad ones...but they had some great ones. And Gundam Wing...by far has the coolest mechs.

Quote:

Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
The whole idea of mecha pilots being children has always bothered me, except for eva o coarse.
Yeah, it bothers me too. Though I could just never see how they are only teenagers. I mean Duo looks like he is in his mid to late 20s. The only one that could pass off as a teenager is Quatre I think.

Chaos Jun 6th, 2003 01:38 PM

oh ya! i forgot about 08th MS Team! in MY OPINION, that is FANBOY.......08th MS Team is acually better than G Gundam or Gundam Wing even if they are put together:laugh:
oh yea.......:laugh:.............The Big O is better than 08th MS Team:laugh:

~*Chaos*~

Zephyr Jun 6th, 2003 01:57 PM

Gundam Wing had a better storyline and better mechs. The mecahs and storyline were abismal in G Gundam. Personally I think it was just a money making spin off. Just my opinion...:ghost:

Vic Viper Jun 6th, 2003 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Vic Viper is a good man (or woman...no gender icon!). UC ownz.

Vic, have you seen Char's Counterattack? It's so amazing...if you haven't yet, you need to watch it ASAP.
lol, im a guy.

ive seen chars counter attack, i agree with you its amazing. ;)

Synbios Jun 6th, 2003 09:09 PM

Most of them are good, except at night, they sometimes make me fall asleep cuz of the old graphics, but dun get me Wrong. I love all Series though.......:approve:

Suzuki_Fanboy Jun 6th, 2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zephyr

Gundam Wing had a better storyline and better mechs. The mecahs and storyline were abismal in G Gundam. Personally I think it was just a money making spin off. Just my opinion...:ghost:
Actually, it came out in '94, which was the 15th anniversary of Gundam. It was the first alternate universe, and they made it weird on purpose. It still has a solid main storyline...the dub was bad and some of the mech designs were stupid, but there were more good parts than bad, IMO.

But mind you, it was supposed to be weird/different. And without it, there might never have been a Gundam Wing, since G Gundam was the first alternate universe Gundam.

Zephyr Jun 7th, 2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Actually, it came out in '94, which was the 15th anniversary of Gundam. It was the first alternate universe, and they made it weird on purpose. It still has a solid main storyline...the dub was bad and some of the mech designs were stupid, but there were more good parts than bad, IMO.
I didnt know that the world was deliberatley like that but still the series just did not appeal to me in anyway from start to finish.