PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who'll Steal The Show? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6017)

MakgSnake May 5th, 2003 11:50 AM

Who'll Steal The Show?

So what do you guys think?. Which one of these systems would steal this year's E3 show?....... You can have reasons and comments for your answer. Not like "PS2 will, because it rocks!!"......

Uchiha Sasuke May 5th, 2003 03:44 PM

I'm thinking the Gamecube.They got alot of good titles going for them espically...............METAL GEAR SOLID: TWIN SNAKES........Game of E3 baby.

GaseousSnake May 5th, 2003 04:47 PM

The GC has alot of games to show in this years e3.

MGS,Mario Kart,F Zero,Kirbys air ride,Pikmin 2,FF:CC,PSO III,Billy hatcher and the giant egg,Sonic adventure dx,Wario world etc

DSgamer May 5th, 2003 11:58 PM

i choose the last option. frankly, i think all the consoles are coming out with great games.

Vic Viper May 6th, 2003 03:56 AM

PS2 will kick ass.. MGS 3..Castlevania.. need i say more:arrr::tongue:

ssjtrunks13 May 6th, 2003 11:21 AM

Hard for me to choose just one so I also chose the last choice.

Beretta55 May 6th, 2003 11:40 AM

quite hard for me really. there are plenty of games i want for each of the 3 systems. so im going with the last choice as well.

Azuma_Ninja May 6th, 2003 12:51 PM

I would have to say the last choice. All the systems have really good games coming out, that's why I bought them all. I can't tie myself down to just one alone, although my PS2 does get the most use.

kupoartist May 6th, 2003 01:27 PM

umm... PC? its coming up to its prime, and Half-Life 2, Doom III and Homeworld 2 are the Biggest games of tommorow...

But as its not on the list, I personally think that it should be the Gamecube... Twin Snakes, Crystal Chronicle and Mario Kart being three big reasons...

dan da man May 6th, 2003 03:01 PM

I would say NGC, too many good games coming out, like MGS, f-zero, MK, RE4. but if MG3 is big as they say, PS2. LMAO know one has voted xbox, I think they will do well, halo 2, PGR2, A2.

MakgSnake May 6th, 2003 03:31 PM

GameCube coming games are amazing. But I really have to say Xbox has some serious titles..... atleast for me..

1.) Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
2.) Soldier Of Fortune
3.) Halo 2
4.) Midtown Madness
5.) DOOM III (Most probably)
6.) COUNTER STRIKE!!!
7.) Fable (If they show anything about it)
8.) Mafia

But then again...... Twin Snakes and MGS3 is bigger then any of those titles.....combined! So yeah........ I would have to go with GameCube as well, cause RE4 is there too......and Killer 7!.!

kupoartist May 6th, 2003 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

GameCube coming games are amazing. But I really have to say Xbox has some serious titles..... atleast for me..

1.) Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
2.) Soldier Of Fortune
3.) Halo 2
4.) Midtown Madness
5.) DOOM III (Most probably)
6.) COUNTER STRIKE!!!
7.) Fable (If they show anything about it)
8.) Mafia

this illustrates the major problem with the X-Box though... with the exception of Fable (never heard of it), all of these titles have been, or will be PC games. Some of them for many months or even years. In one sense this is great: not everyone has a gaming PC (though a lot of people do have some sort of PC) and they get to larger audiences this way, but a lot of these games are simply old news given that PC games that are the next step up from these will be on show at the same event...

goodman May 6th, 2003 04:13 PM

Hopefully GameCube will make a splash finally, its taken long enough. And yeah i have a pc for Xbox games so no need for one of those. Im sure ps2 will have another solid showing as always...

Preventer Wind May 6th, 2003 09:14 PM

Quote:

this illustrates the major problem with the X-Box though... with the exception of Fable (never heard of it), all of these titles have been, or will be PC games. Some of them for many months or even years. In one sense this is great: not everyone has a gaming PC (though a lot of people do have some sort of PC) and they get to larger audiences this way, but a lot of these games are simply old news given that PC games that are the next step up from these will be on show at the same event...
Beautifuly said Artist. Not only are they out or coming out for the pc but half are same type of game.

Halo 2, Doom 3, Soldier of Fortune, and Counter Strike are all First Person Shooters.

Mafia is GTA the 1930s. Which may or may not be bad.

Midtown Madness 3 will probably be a good game. The first one was good but it was only set in Chicago. And if I am correct this one is set in 2. Though the grapics are great.

The Rainbow Six game is another Rainbow Six game. After the first one they have all sucked. Especially the last one.

Fable looks and sounds good. It and Halo 2 are the only X-Box games I looking forward too.

I haven't seen a complete list for the ps2 so I can't really say I voted fairly. But oh well. I would say the Gamecube.

kupoartist May 7th, 2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Preventer Wind
Not only are they out or coming out for the pc but half are same type of game.
this are only Makg's personal choices though, and they're by no means a full representation of what the X-Box does indeed have in the pipeline... right? (don't really follow the X-Box news...). for instance, isn't about time that Microsoft released Rare from their Dungeon? :laugh:

oh and bad news in the form of no Resident Evil 4 being shown at E3 btw....

goodman May 7th, 2003 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist

oh andd bad news in the form of no Resident Evil 4 being shown at E3 btw....

Awww, what is the world coming to, no Resident Evil sequel... :laugh:

MakgSnake May 7th, 2003 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Mafia is GTA the 1930s. Which may or may not be bad.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Mafia was in the making before the release of GTA. Because I remember reading in a very old game, that had a preview of the game and they were comparing it to "Driver", because GTAIII was nowhere near. But got a US release really late. Neways......... I am pretty sure Mafia on Xbox would be amazing.

As for all the PC games coming to Xbox. The reason they are doing this is because MOST of the console fans dont have Gaming PC. People like me. So thats why it excites me alot.

A pc in a box which I dont have to upgrade ever again. Only would have to buy its sequal in 2006.

goodman May 7th, 2003 03:57 PM

Yeah, i will be playing Doom 3 this Thanksgiving while all the Xbox people can play it in a year and a half! :laugh: Dont worry, i will let you know what your missing!! :roflmao:

MakgSnake May 7th, 2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goodman

Yeah, i will be playing Doom 3 this Thanksgiving while all the Xbox people can play it in a year and a half! :laugh: Dont worry, i will let you know what your missing!! :roflmao:
For me its alright, I'd rather wait year and half or even 2 for a game then spend $400-$500 on my computer to play a $60 game. No thanks....... you can tell us what we are missing, but it wouldn't be something we will miss it forever. :)

goodman May 7th, 2003 06:00 PM

I basically built this pc to be able to stand up to the tough pc games coming out and its passed all the tests so far ive put it through with very high benchmarks. Am looking forward to this Fall, for sure!