PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Getaway (The Movie) (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5945)

MakgSnake Apr 23rd, 2003 05:21 PM

The Getaway (The Movie)

Well I almost saw this one coming, but still....its very shocking. Sony Pictures are going to take the rights for "The Getaway" the movie, which we'll be in the making early next year, and will get a release with the "The Getaway 2" on Ps2.

How many of you think its a good thing. I mean........I simply LOVE THE GAME, but like we have said for MGS, THE GETAWAY is more of a MOVIE then a game. Then why making a movie out of it?..? I dont get it!.!

Although I am glad about the sequal about "The Getaway" YEAH!

What are you thoughts about The Getaway: The Movie?.... Gonna suck like any other movie based on a game.?.

The Source

ssjtrunks13 Apr 23rd, 2003 06:15 PM

I don't know, but if it's about what I think it's about it may just seem like another movie with lots of cars in it. Like, Fast and The Furious or Gone in 60 seconds. Just giving some examples there, but it would be nice if you could let me know some more about the game.

Redpyramidhead Apr 23rd, 2003 11:35 PM

The scariness doesnt end there people. According to Game Informer magazine movie rights have been bought for Metroid (why nintendo??), Fatal Frame, Dead or Alive (the volleyball would make a good reality show), American McGee's Alice, Crimson Skies, Max Payne (been looking forward to that actually), Oni, Perfect Dark, and Silent Hill (say it isn't sooo! :frust:) We can only pray now...

_RED_ stuff

DSgamer Apr 24th, 2003 01:01 AM

SILENT HILL!!!??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why dammit? why!??

Berserker Apr 24th, 2003 05:23 AM

Turn The Getaway into a movie that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard!!! I thought the getaway was based on the Ritchie flicks Lock Stock, Snatch and stuff like that. Why make a movie based game and turn that into a movie, it's the same freakin'thing:frust:

ssjtrunks13 Apr 24th, 2003 09:36 AM

RIght to a DBZ live action movie has been known for a while now. Hmm, a movie on Dead or Alive. How might that turn out?

ToxicUK Apr 24th, 2003 01:02 PM

1 - As Max Payne says at the beginning when hes lost his wife cos of some killer junkies. "Oh please, god no." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O" I dont like movies made out of a game. Just like I said when the prospect of a GTA movie was rumoured. Its a terrible waste of time and money because they are 'trashy'. I never ever like things like that to happen.

2 - Now insulting me with those is bad enough but rubbing mustard into the wound with Silent Hill - all I can say is **** **.

3 - Why do Metroid as well? Can someone answer me that it would be even worse than doing MGS.

4 - Finally I dont really mind about things like Crimson Skies cos that would actually be a rare game movie kind of phenomenon, but mr. sony dont ruin our gaming experience by making movies out of good games that already look like a damn good movie themselves.

Those are just my thoughts... any questions or coments on that?