PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do you choose names? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3730)

Jolie Oct 16th, 2002 10:07 AM

How do you choose names?

I'm seeing some people here have really weird names, so I'm wondering: how do you choose them? Does it have a particular meaning for you?

The Rhythmosaur Oct 16th, 2002 10:35 AM

I could only speak for myself, but it's easy for me:

As I went to school and started playing drums in our school band, I had a girlfriend who was actually a Dino Maniac. One day when we played at a school party, she watched us, and then, after several Scotch-Colas, she called me the Rhythmosaur. It was written on the Base of my good Tama-drums faster then I could prevent it.... Okay, I changed the drum head, but the name remained.

I think, even you had an idea why to choose "Jolie" - the french word for beautiful. Might be happened when you looked into a mirror...;)

He, he, he,

The Rhythmosaur.

Vic Viper Oct 16th, 2002 10:46 AM

Re: How do you choose names?

Quote:

Originally posted by Jolie
I'm seeing some people here have really weird names, so I'm wondering: how do you choose them? Do you have a particular meaning for you?

im probably on the minority but my name holds no meaning at all. the name just pops out of my head when i was registering for this site. crazy huh..:roll:

jjmoohead Oct 16th, 2002 11:54 AM

Mine comes from my real name. Johnathan James for the JJ and my last name is Moorehead so it came out as

jjmoohead

thats why people call me mooman or double J around here.

Sword 4 Hire Oct 16th, 2002 02:16 PM

In any RPG I've played I've noticed that the coolest most badass characters are the ones that care the least. The distant characters who talk more with their blades than their tongue. And 95% percent of these one in a million characters are normally Mercenaries or hired assassins so thats what my name means...

Sword 4 Hire

Carlito Oct 16th, 2002 02:48 PM

Just few words:

Carlito's way by Brian De Palma

kupoartist Oct 16th, 2002 03:18 PM

the_artist ... I chose it "because", but its real meaning is now offically a tribute to my Relm Arrowny fandom :happy: - it has almost zero relevence to the fact that I draw a little, because... I've only aproximated "good" in the past few months (I don't even taken art as a school subject).

Daedaelus Oct 16th, 2002 03:28 PM

I have a pet Iguana. :roll:

IcyMourdor Oct 16th, 2002 03:35 PM

Dispite what people say, it isn't based off something made by Tolkien.

I just made it up in my head and it sounded cool. Been about two or three years now and I use it for whatever I have my character in or the main character in a game.

Meaning: doesn't have one really, I heard it stands for dark knight, but i'm not sure if it really does.

Redpyramidhead Oct 16th, 2002 05:15 PM

Any fan of Silent Hill 2 will know where my name comes from. :cool:

_RED_ stuff

REChick14 Oct 16th, 2002 07:56 PM

Name

Well RE stands for Resident Evil. I just love that series so i put it on my name. The rest you can figure out. Im a girl and im 14. Thats about it to my name. Not that complicated right?...

AudioBoxer Oct 16th, 2002 09:42 PM

Well my name is kinda random, but at the time I liked the band TrikTurner, then before that I always used the name MilkMan, so I kinda put 2 and 2 together buy TrikTopz topz over MilkMan!

Beretta55 Oct 16th, 2002 09:51 PM

um.....my name is simple i like the gun beretta and i just felt like putting 55 in there:laugh:

Frozen Oct 16th, 2002 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
In any RPG I've played I've noticed that the coolest most badass characters are the ones that care the least. The distant characters who talk more with their blades than their tongue. And 95% percent of these one in a million characters are normally Mercenaries or hired assassins so thats what my name means...

Sword 4 Hire

Yours is one of the coolest and most original names I have ever seen. I could not agree more with what you said.

Mine..... when I was registering at this forums, I did not know what to put so I asked my friend Mena (now known as Zero Sniper) and she told me to put "Frozen" so I did :right: I like it, but unfortunately it did not come out from my own head.

Jolie, what is the meaning of yours?

Rei Oct 17th, 2002 02:57 PM

Eva fans know why I picked this name: I just love Rei Ayanami's character. Plus, this name is somewhat similar to my real name :laugh:

Cannibal Clown Oct 17th, 2002 03:34 PM

Cannibal Clown, not too sure, just sounded stupid so i agreed to take it as my name. It seems to work enough for me.

007_JamesBond Oct 17th, 2002 06:59 PM

well it is not as if I like bond or any thing, lol

Bond is my fav

Sid554 Oct 17th, 2002 07:19 PM

My name has absolutely no meaning or significance at all.

MADRUCKIS Oct 17th, 2002 09:37 PM

MADRUCKIS

A name I got back in high school cause of my personality. When ever I was on the b-ball court or baseball diamond or football feild-you always heard my mouth talkin about your mother-or your breath-or how your mother is responsible for your breath......:phew:

The name stuck nowadays since I met my freinds who have similar names (MADDSKILLZ, MADBLACK, MADHERNAN) Now whenever someone says something very blunt or totally off the subject in rants they say "Oh. Sorry, the madruckis came outta me."
TEE HEE IM AN ADJECTIVE AND YOUR NOT:P

Hylas Oct 18th, 2002 10:53 AM

As I said in other occasions, Hylas probably has a meaning, but I don't know which one. I only know that it comes from a painting from the British artist J.W. Waterhouse called "Hylas and the nymphs". The Hylas of the painting was a boy, but who cares? :right: