PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   happeiness is......? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3016)

Beretta55 Aug 16th, 2002 10:21 PM

happeiness is......?

what is happeniss to you to me it is sleeping,listening to music,playing videogames,spending time with family,laying around the house,going outside, and even better coming here!!

MakgSnake Aug 16th, 2002 10:23 PM

_________

Life Itself!

Qjij_jijQ Aug 16th, 2002 10:45 PM

... unachievable ? :laugh:

merylsilverburg Aug 16th, 2002 11:09 PM

Happiness to me is being able to stay home instead of going to the horrible workplace and facing all those annoying customers. Happiness is when I'm able to watch a good anime or play a great videogame. That's probably it.

AudioBoxer Aug 16th, 2002 11:33 PM

Right now I am realy happy me and my GF are thinking about The big M word. I hope we do later on and lead a good life. I think Happieness is when everything is going right for you and you like what you are and who you are!

Frozen Aug 17th, 2002 12:32 AM

Happiness doesn't exist as a whole state of being. Happiness are just short periods of time in which you feel great joy. It can be felt for many reasons, and in many ways. Nevertheless, it mostly depends on your decision to be happy or not. Depends mostly as well on the circumstances of your life....

I've got to say I am a very unhappy person. Have got few reasons for it, but I make them big. But no matter how much I try not to make a big deal out of them, they still are.

Ah, but moments of "happiness" are to me are very similar to those that Meryl-chan talks about. Still, there's something else above all that which would mean true happiness to me, but it seems it can not be done.

merylsilverburg Aug 17th, 2002 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frozen
Happiness doesn't exist as a whole state of being. Happiness are just short periods of time in which you feel great joy. It can be felt for many reasons, and in many ways. Nevertheless, it mostly depends on your decision to be happy or not. Depends mostly as well on the circumstances of your life....
So true....I couldn't say it better myself. When certain circumstances affect your life in such a horrible way, happiness is most likely to come from the smallest things or even not at all.

Quote:

I've got to say I am a very unhappy person. Have got few reasons for it, but I make them big. But no matter how much I try not to make a big deal out of them, they still are.

I, too, am a very unhappy person. I have many problems that affect me day by day with no solution for them. They're big and small but they're still all important and very stressful all the time. It's very hard for me to find happiness and finally in 2001, I was able to experience a small meaning of happiness and became a little more cheerful from there.

007_JamesBond Aug 17th, 2002 09:12 AM

I am not alone at least, lol. like I said before Hapiness does not exist now or ever, I lost hope a long time ago and I dont think tha I will be getting it back soon

Pu the Owl Aug 17th, 2002 10:29 AM

*This is only my opinion, so don't tell me I'm misunderstanding what you said*

Some of you are talking about joy, not happiness. Joy is a temporary feeling while happiness is supposed to be more like a state of mind. I wouldn't say I'm happy watching my fave TV show or playing a videogame. This to me has to be considered joy, not happiness.
As I said, happiness is more like a state of mind. You can be sad or low, but this doesn't mean you're unhappy. As you can be joyful, but this doesn't mean you're happy as well. Being happy is something you can't achieve only with a vacation, with getting your fave game, with material things or everyday's satisfactions. You can obtain joy from material objects, or from temporary moments, but if in the depht of your personality you're a person who can't find peace in yourself, you'll never be happy, because you'll never be satisfied and you'll always need to get more and more of these moments of joy.
Happiness begins when you start accepting many things that may leave you sad too, so basically IMO happiness depends more (not saying only) on the person than on the circumstances.

REChick14 Aug 17th, 2002 10:43 AM

Happiness

happiness can be achieved from the smallest things but also can be taken away in a quick second. To make the right choices and knowing that everything is going the way you want it to go. Simple things make me happy like being with my family or playing my favorite game. Remember its what you do in life that makes you happy.

007_JamesBond Aug 17th, 2002 01:50 PM

Happiness does not exist it is just a mental feeling to take our minds off the real world inother words it is an illusion

RobHardo Aug 17th, 2002 01:58 PM

I think Happiness only comes in small doses. Liek when you go to a movie with friends, or watching tv, playing video games, posting on ps2fantasy.com, playin 5 minutes of magic with like 6 hotties, watching a good anime, or even sex.

All those things come in small doses, and the rest of the time we're sleeping, because thats just the way it is, when we're bored we sleep, which can also be called happiness at times. But it always ends one way or the other, like school, power outage, internets down, or parents wakin yo uup to go to school, anyone agree with me?

ToulaPich Aug 17th, 2002 03:08 PM

Happiness is the perpetual existence of time and matter... wait, I mean happiness is finally getting laid, oh no I... I mean... um... oh yeah owning a PS2 and being able to live in fantasy world where people fear me because of my killing ability.

Ruby Moon Aug 17th, 2002 08:00 PM

Happiness is being able to decide what is good for yourself without being forced by others. At least this is happiness for me.

Gadzoox Aug 17th, 2002 10:53 PM

Fortune, you said it girl!!! :D

The thing with being happy or sad, it is YOU who decides which to be. I personally have choosen to be happy. Whatever the situation, there is a good side, believe it or not!
Except for that time when I was playing GTA III and I couldn't beat this one part, then I got mad and did another misson, and then I went back and beat the part I couldn't beat!! That was cool 'cause I beat the part I couldn't.

Lilly Aug 18th, 2002 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
... unachievable ? :laugh:
Could you possibly extrapolate further on your answer?

I understand that it's different for every individual, but it is far from impossible to reach.

Happiness for me is being with the one I love.

MakgSnake Aug 18th, 2002 01:29 PM

Nirvana!

Quote:

Originally posted by Lilly
Could you possibly extrapolate further on your answer?
I Suppose What Qjij_jijQ Meant Was........... Happy As Being Or Achieving "Nirvana"............... Something Nobody Has Achieved IMO!

Lilly Aug 18th, 2002 01:40 PM

Sidharthra Guttama (sp?) is said to have achieved Nirvana, though. Buddha was a man before be became a religious figure.

If it is impossible for people today to do such, it is because we are all obsessed with ourselves, obsessed with material items.

Fight Club gives us some quotes that hold true --

"Our culture has made us all the same. No one is truly white or black or rich, anymore. We all want the same. Individually we are nothing." -Space Monkey

"I'm breaking my attachment to physical power and possessions, because only through destroying myself can I discover the greater power of my spirit" -Tyler Durden

I would still like to hear Qjij_jijQ's response to this.

Lost_myth Aug 18th, 2002 01:59 PM

Happiness for me is not feeling ill for a change. It's also talking to my bf or what not. Life is great when I'm outside and it's peaceful or just chilling with my friends.

happy_doughnut Aug 20th, 2002 12:43 AM

Happiness is that which you want to feel when you are -sad-. Yet I do not think there really is a such things as true happiness as happiness is only something you want to feel, and is not really there.