PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The New Resident Evil! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=243)

MakgSnake Jan 31st, 2002 09:29 PM

The New Resident Evil!

The New Resident Evil Game On GAME CUBE Looks Amazing, Infact More Then Amazing. I Mean.....Simply Outstanding!.!......I Mean Just Look At It!.!.......I Just Wanna Ask Simple Question.

Whenever In The Future RE4 Would Come Out On Playstation2.....Do U Think It'll Look This Good......As It Looks On GC!? (In Game Graphics)

Boom!

The Detail

The S.T.A.R Team

In Game Graphics!

Beautiful

DragonSphere Jan 31st, 2002 11:52 PM

I'm sure the graphics will look just as good, if not better than on GC.

Spank-A-Thon Feb 1st, 2002 06:14 AM

Dude, that is not Resident Evil 4 - it's the remake of Resident Evil 1 for the GC. One of the shots you posted has Rebecca Chambers in it. The others have Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and Albert Wesker - i.e. the cast of the original Res Evil.

The GC remake still uses pre-rendered backgrounds. So in that case the PS2 could easily handle the RE1 remake. No one can comment on RE4 cos no shots have been released yet!

Although as an interesting sidenote, Devil May Cry originally started out as Res Evil 4, but then the developers went in a completely new direction.

- S

MakgSnake Feb 1st, 2002 12:52 PM

Yup Ure Right!

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Dude, that is not Resident Evil 4 - it's the remake of Resident Evil 1 for the GC.
- S

Lol, I Know Spank......I Love The Series I Know Everything About It!.! But I Was Just Asking.......Cause I Know THIS Remake Might Never Come To PS2, But RE4 Will Someday, Thats Why I Asked If It Ever Did.....Would The Graphics Would Be Like This One?! :)

Spank-A-Thon Feb 1st, 2002 09:26 PM

Re: Yup Ure Right!

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

Lol, I Know Spank......I Love The Series I Know Everything About It!.! But I Was Just Asking.......Cause I Know THIS Remake Might Never Come To PS2, But RE4 Will Someday, Thats Why I Asked If It Ever Did.....Would The Graphics Would Be Like This One?! :)

It wouldn't be like the pics you posted cos they are 3D models on pre-rendered backgrounds. RE4 will be totally 3D.

Will we ever see it on PS2? Doubtful. Nintendo have signed the Res Evil franchise exclusively. From now on the only place you'll see Res Evil games (except for RE: Gun Survivor 2 Code Veronica which is coming to PS2) is on the GameCube.

Mind you, RE:CV was meant to be a DreamCast only title but eventually PS2 got it.. but then again - I can't see the GC falling on it's arse like the DreamCast did...

- S

MakgSnake Feb 1st, 2002 09:44 PM

Yeah!

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

Mind you, RE:CV was meant to be a DreamCast only title but eventually PS2 got it.. but then again - I can't see the GC falling on it's arse like the DreamCast did...

- S

Well U Are Right About That........But Then Again...RE Was Born On PS.......And Theres Been Strange Things Always Happening In The Video Game Industry......Just Like.....Shenmue3 Coming On XBOX First For Sometime And Later On......Will Be Made For PS2................I Just Hope The Same Thing Happens To RE4.....I Hope. Cause I Love The Series!!! Its My Second Fav!!!! Ever!.!........ And I Seriously Dont Wanna Buy A GameCube! :)

Killuminati Feb 1st, 2002 10:40 PM

RE isnt coming to the PS2. its nintendo exclusive now. the only reason Code Veronica X was released was that it was so close to completion

MakgSnake Feb 1st, 2002 10:46 PM

Yeah But!

Quote:

Originally posted by Xiliphore
RE isnt coming to the PS2.
I Know It Isn't At The Moment And May Be Wont For A LONG Time But........Anything Is Possible In The Gaming Industry!.! You Never Know! :)

Spirit Feb 2nd, 2002 03:29 AM

yea well who knows, noone can tell the future, since re had was a dc exclusive, but...

Uchiha Sasuke Feb 3rd, 2002 04:47 AM

You do know that the Remake of Re isnt fully 3d.It still uses pre-rendered backrounds

kamari-ice Feb 3rd, 2002 12:48 PM

In my opinion, the one on the ps2, will look even better.
Gamecube has a little bit of game graphics, lesser than ps2.

Spirit Feb 5th, 2002 11:04 AM

well, let's just say that developers are looking for money right now and they'll sign up with anyone who offers the the most :(

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 1st, 2002 11:51 PM

Actually Shinji Mikami decided to bring the RE series to GC because it was the best fit for his vision of the gerne