PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Friendship on the net (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=1258)

Hylas Apr 21st, 2002 02:54 PM

Friendship on the net

Is it easy for you to make online friends or not?
Do you consider them as normal friends or do you think the friends you know personally (ex. friends from your school/city) are more important and reliable? Can you tell them anything about yourself?
And least but not least, do you lie to your online friends to make them think you're a different person?

nanjij Apr 21st, 2002 03:31 PM

i have a had a few friends over the net,
i think its okay till they send u a pic and it ruins the fun of describing ureselves (jC say nothing)

IcyMourdor Apr 21st, 2002 04:34 PM

I do a nice job and making friends on the net. I came on today and got invited to an AIM chat by people I never even heard of before. Still talking to them. I try and be nice to people on the net because I enjoy talking to people.

Sword 4 Hire Apr 21st, 2002 06:51 PM

When I was younger I'd go on a chat and lie and crap...but that was just for fun...now I try my hardest to make online friends...hell I made a whole bunch on this forum alone

Pu the Owl Apr 21st, 2002 07:52 PM

I used to have very close friends online. Then some of them betrayed me and told me things I wasn't expecting.
Maybe I trusted those persons too much.
Now I can't say I don't think people I meet on the net are not reliable, but I don't trust anything they tell me without thinking about it or, in some cases, having doubts. Maybe I'm not friendly as I used to be.

Infernal Mass Apr 21st, 2002 08:13 PM

:shock:

cool looking new avatar and sig fortune,nice drawing skills.
The other one looked scaredXD

on the topic: yeah net friends are cool.It's great meeting people from other countries and all.

happy_doughnut Apr 21st, 2002 09:23 PM

I don't find it too hard to make friends on the net. Overall, I have lots of friends mainly because I think I'm nice to them, or at least I try. I think that I depend more on my school friends though...I guess it's because I can interact with them on a different level. I try and be as honest as I can about myself so I refrain from lying to people on and off the net. But yeah, making friends isn't that hard but it is kinda easier to make em online if you're a shy person like myself :).

Uchiha Sasuke Apr 21st, 2002 09:36 PM

Man friends are easy to make online.I find it way easier to express myself to someone when there not in front of me.Right now i have about 20 really good online friends

Neo_Soldier28 Apr 22nd, 2002 09:52 AM

Am i one of them sssnake lol i totally agree with sssnake its way to easy to make friends on the net compared to real life.

007_JamesBond Apr 22nd, 2002 11:16 AM

I make friends where ever I can get them, if it is on the net well then so be it, I find it sort of easy though

Ruby Moon Apr 22nd, 2002 02:15 PM

I have not many friends on the net, but the ones I got are very close. I've never lied to any of them and I hope they did the same thing.

Pu the Owl Apr 22nd, 2002 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goodman
Meaningful relationships are meant to have some depth and strength, not to mention, longevity, to them. These would take years on any level of knowing someone. What may constitute a "friend" to todays youth is probably more a temporary distraction than anything else.
This is completely true. I hear many people calling persons friends after talking to them only a couple of times and sending personal photos. This is not supposed to be friendship, I think.

MakgSnake Apr 23rd, 2002 03:55 PM

Hmmm.....Right.

Quote:

Originally posted by Fortune
but I don't trust anything they tell me without thinking about it or, in some cases, having doubts. Maybe I'm not friendly as I used to be.
Well, I Know How That Feels.... Although It Has Not Happened With Me, But I Know How It Exactly Feels....!.! And After Something Like This, Its Really Hard To Trust Just ANYONE U Meet, I Am Not Only Talking Online But...... In Person As Well!.!

Still.....Its Pretty Alright To Have Friends Online!>! It Makes U Social In One Way Or The Othere!>! And Grows Ure Confidence. I Am Sure About That!>!

Game_Developer Apr 23rd, 2002 10:17 PM

I have a few net friends and I think it is fairly easy, it just depends on the other person or more the less common interests.

Spirit Apr 24th, 2002 09:05 AM

well
I've been betrayed before >.<
but meeting a beautiful girl from CA online and my best friend online from Holland changed my perspective :D