PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General PlayStation Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   PS3 Launch Titles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9207)

jjmoohead Aug 12th, 2006 09:48 PM

PS3 Launch Titles

With the release of the PS3 just over 2 months away and launch titles being announced or at least many games being announced, the excitment builds for us few who are getting a new machine at release. I have looked around the net and this is what I have seen, but understand I am in no way connected to PS3 or these companies to confirm these actually to be real realase date titles.

PLEASE NOTE: Launch date for PS3 (baring any mishap) is November 17th

LAUNCH TITLES

Resistance: Fall of Man
Fatal Inertia
Genji 2
Call of Duty 3
Tony Hawk's Project 8
EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
Madden NFL 07
College Hoops 2K7
Sonic the Hedgehog
NBA Live 07
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Ridge Racer 7
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
NHL 2K7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Need for Speed Carbon
Warhawk

Because I am such a huge sports fans the realease of the PS3 is exciting especially with a large number of sports game release around or on the same day. One could argue that all these games will come be on other platforms and although I agree I could buy NBA Live for Xbox or Xbox 360, I would prefer to play it on the new PS3.

My probable Release day pick ups include but are not limited to:

NBA LIVE 2007 (Me and my roomate will play this for hours)
Need For Speed Carbon (Own every game in the frachise, why stop now)

Since my PS3 is already paid for I will most likely pick up Madden 07 and Tony Hawk, but because of my dissapointment in the EA releases of every EA Sports Game on the Xbox 360, I figure one is good enough to gamble on upon release, however, I will rent madden decide if its the way to go. If so Ill pick it up too.

Getting a PS3 at launch? What are your PS3 related plans if your one of the few?

Berserker Aug 14th, 2006 01:20 AM

I'm still in the dark if I'm getting one straight away, I'll probably wait till some games come out that really get me excited allthough TH project 8 looks killer it just isn't enough IMO. I'll probably get it as soon as Half-life 2 hits the shelves.

DSgamer Aug 14th, 2006 12:49 PM

not a very good launch line up, if i ever do decide to get one, it'l be when it costs a little bit cheaper (a lot, actually) and hopefully there'l be at least 20 good games out

jjmoohead Aug 15th, 2006 11:28 AM

I agree that although the lineup isnt "amazing", the lineup isnt all that bad. It sure makes the xbox 360's launch look awful, although xbox did that all on its own, no need for a comparison.

For me its really going to depend on the EA sports games and whether or not they are as terrible on PS3 as they were for xbox 360. I mean they cut out so much gameplay out of every single game that it made the launch of 360 that much more useless. Only time will tell though.

But I cant blame you or anyone waiting for a price drop and at least 20 games. I mean im doing the same for xbox 360. I went to pick one up yesterday and realized there isnt a single game out for it that I would really find entertaining for myself. So I see where your comming from. If the launch titles of PS3 don't interest you then there is no need to purchase or even think about them, the same it is for me with all current games on 360. So yes I understand.

DSgamer Aug 15th, 2006 02:27 PM

yea, that's exactly why i waited to buy a gamecube for so long and when i bought it for 100 and almost all the best titles were around 20 dollars. :-D

so i might just do that with the ps3

however, im getting a wii at launch cause its gona be pretty cheap + virtual console which will have enough classic games to play from launch (hopefully)

and as far as the 360 goes, i heard there was a public dev kit coming out for people to make their own games and put em up for download so that's pretty interesting, and that new zombie game just came out so 360 has been getting my attention lately, if they keep it up with stuff like that i might end up buying a 360 before ps3

Vic Viper Aug 15th, 2006 10:25 PM

meh. pretty weak launch titles, imo. that only title that peak my interest is Lair. ill buy the ps3 when Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out.

i might actually buy the Wii at launch instead, so me and gamer can play with our Wii together !!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

DSgamer Aug 16th, 2006 12:27 AM

nigga, you just want to get all up in wii.

kupoartist Aug 16th, 2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berserker
I'll probably get it as soon as Half-life 2 hits the shelves.

Why not just buy 3 year-old components for your PC and play it now, the way it was always intended to be played? Chances are the back-catalogue isn't going to be enhanced for the PS3, and IF it is, you can bet your hard-earned cash that the enhancements will find their way onto the PC version via Steam. True, because HL2, Ep1 and Ep2 will be bundled in one package it may end up cheaper, but what is the difference of $20 when we're talking about a console that is going to cost an arm and a leg in the first place? It just seems a bit crazy to splash out on a monsterously expensive console for a game which has been available in its intended form for 3 years...

Berserker Aug 17th, 2006 01:26 AM

True, but I'm sick and tired of upgrading my pc for games and I've turned it into a music making/recording pc instead. I've spent quite some money on the audio parts and I'm kinda keeping it clean from games and stuff. I'd rather play console nowadays, allthough I still play ET:RTCW every now and then but that's just an addiction. So I'm not gonna get the ps3 just because of HL:2, but it's one of the games that I look forward to the most.

kupoartist Aug 17th, 2006 04:51 AM

Fair enough :) Considered the Xbox version though? Or the 360 for that matter?

Berserker Aug 17th, 2006 05:53 AM

Never considered buying a xbox mainly because of the lack of good third party fighter controllers(Sanwa, HORI) and I never really liked the ps2 ->xbox controllerconverters cause of the lag the can have.
I'm waiting for the ps3 to be released so I can compare it to the xbox360, so who knows I'll end up with a 360 in the end...but I doubt it.

jjmoohead Aug 19th, 2006 11:02 AM

F.E.A.R announced as launched title.

Not huge news considering FEAR is available on PC. But still another title.

Berserker Aug 21st, 2006 01:09 AM

F.E.A.R. allthough it's already available, I think it's one kick-ass title. Nice one.

Beretta55 Aug 21st, 2006 04:29 PM

The only title there that interests me and that cannot be found on the 360 or Wii is Resistance: Fall Of Man. The others like Call Of Duty 3 and Marvel: Ultimate alliance I can get on my 360. Full Auto 2: Battlelines I'd probably like (Full Auto on 360 is a guilty of pleasure of mine, it's not the greatest game ever and I know it, but I still find it enjoyable.) so either way that launch isn't doing much for me. Not enough to want to pay 500 or 600 dollars for it. But then again launches usually don't contain killer app titles so I don't count it against any launching system. I also want F.E.A.R. too but I'll be getting that on 360.

But either way I'm not getting a PS3 at least for a couple of years, that price is too much for me for awhile. I usually barely have enough to pay for 50-60 dollar games as it is. XD

goodman Aug 23rd, 2006 06:30 PM

Yeah im not plunking down anything for a weak launch like that, but Sony has pretty much let me down the past few years. Unlike the ps, the ps2 has pretty much fallen off the map as far as support during the launch of a new system (i guess were getting a new system the info is so weak so far). I know eventually the ps3 will probably be a very good system, but they sure have a lot to prove in the meantime. So youve already payed for your ps3, Moo, so how much did it cost you? Unless you payed cash you would have had to sell dozens of ps2 games along with the system to even make a dent in what the retail price must be. Enlighten those of us who have had no info on that sort of thing...

jjmoohead Aug 24th, 2006 01:53 PM

I am paying cash for it, no trade in. I payed $650 CDN for the system. I got a second controller and an extended 3 year warenty for it from the store that means instant new machine if mine stops working, so ill be using that for sure.

I also put the money down for 2 games although I have not picked which 2 I will pick up that day. In all I am looking at about $850 cdn. But Like I said, I have put away $50 a month for well over a year cause I always felt it was going to be expensive. Plus $50 a month is the same price I would have payed for games each month so its not like it burnt a hole in my pocket.

goodman Aug 25th, 2006 06:08 AM

Although my console gaming has slowed to a trickle i will be interested in seeing what you have to say about the system. Im sure your one of the few who will actually pay that kinda money for the ps3. Although i have the money im no longer willing to pay for something that really hasnt interested me much in some time. But i have enough interest to see what others are thinking. When the system that cant be passed up comes around i will be interested in that for sure...

jjmoohead Sep 13th, 2006 02:41 PM

Gundam has been confirmed as a launch title for Japan. No offical word on North America but sources say it looks like a simular launch window release there aswell.

jjmoohead Sep 22nd, 2006 12:57 AM

Although only for sure in Japan, looks like GT:HD will be a release at or very close to launch. It was further stated that the "Overseas" release is thought to be very simular. (although uncomfirmed)

jjmoohead Sep 29th, 2006 03:29 PM

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been announced as a launch title.