PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   RPG Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   All time best RPG for PS2 (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=2141)

Macceh^ Jul 25th, 2002 03:18 AM

You cant really say "all time" as well theres not been many RPG'S out for ps2 yet :)

happy_doughnut Jul 25th, 2002 04:23 PM

Well, yeah. At the moment there aren't that many -good- RPGs out for the ps2. So, meh, I guess FFX is the best as of now.

But as S4H mentioned, there is a good line-up for RPGs coming out. I'm really looking forward to Wild Arms 3 and SO 3.
So keep your eyes open for new upcoming -and hopefully good- RPGs, Gad.

Gadzoox Jul 29th, 2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Macceh^
You cant really say "all time" as well theres not been many RPG'S out for ps2 yet :)
True true...maybe I was tired... tired or listening to David Bowie. :laugh:

lowdru2k2 Aug 22nd, 2002 10:38 PM

Dang PS2 has been out for awhile to not be very many RPG's. Yeah I gotta say FFX is the best, but I liked FF7-9 better. Dark Cloud was a alright game I rented it once. I can't wait to check out FFXI and Everquest.

mer1in20 Aug 24th, 2002 06:21 AM

Dark Cloud sucks
eternal ring sucks
the only rpg's worth getting for the ps2 and any from the ps1 (ff7, star ocean, wild arms, ff8, ff9) etc. I would definitely pick up FFX.

Frozen Sep 16th, 2002 09:49 PM

Damn, that is how Zelda for GC should llook like! But no! It looks like s*** !!!! :mad:

I also recommend FFX. Not because everybody else says the same thing, but because the game is indeed a masterpiece IMO. Everything in it is good, from graphics and gameplay to storyline and plot. However, these last 2 are weaker than previous versions like FF7 or 8. NOt as weak as FF9, tho. (although I liked much more FF IX's ending than X's)

By the way, I wish they made a Breath of Fire 5 for Ps2...... it would look absolutely gorgeous with some good cel shaded graphics. But not like that horrible style Zelda for GC has got, may I make clear.

mysterio4gcc Sep 16th, 2002 09:56 PM

FFX to date is the best RPG for the PS2, but and I mean but my prediction for the best RPG for the PS2 is Suikoden III! I played 2 and that was amazing. Also don't forget .hack, kingdom hearts, legaia dual saga, and FFXII!

macario Sep 19th, 2002 01:50 PM

kingdom hearts
kingdom hearts
kingdom hearts

Gadzoox Sep 22nd, 2002 06:51 PM

Wow... this thread is still going?! haha

I'm afraid of Kingdom Hearts.

I bought Dark Cloud because I had a $10 off coupon and it's alright. I like the idea of building towns, but the dungeons are //extremely// repetative!!! SERENITY NOW! :sick:
I'm glad I didn't pay full price. Though I will probably end up buying Dark Cloud 2 anyway if its cheap... I like to waste money... except when its $80!!!

Darkness 4 Hire Sep 27th, 2002 09:36 AM

It goes kingdom hearts, then FFX! Kingdom Hearts was way to much fun. So it beat out FFX, in my eyes. But the darkness predicts that Suikoden 3 is going to ripp through us with complete awesomeness!Only Time will tell!

blindman Jul 20th, 2003 04:58 PM

y...ea. KH wasnt my type of game, only if it wasnt for them disney characters.

jmills726 Aug 21st, 2003 10:41 AM

i think that ffx is tied with kh.......they are both great games and i cant wait for both sequals to come out.
kh was put together so nicely and a final fantasy game is just a final fantasy game. it is awsome.

XXAVIERR Aug 21st, 2003 03:38 PM

I see everyone saying that FFX is the bet RPG for the PS2. Does anyone have any suggestions on a RPG that is anywhere close to as good as it was.

ssjtrunks13 Aug 22nd, 2003 07:47 AM

Grandia Xtreme and Grandia 2! I'm a fan of the series like I am Final Fantasy, so my opinion might be biased to a certain extent. I'm not sure if you'd be able to find Grandia Xtreme, but if you can I think people might enjoy it. Though I must say that it revolves more around the fighting so the story may not be as good as you like, but I had no problems. Grandia 2 should be a little better, the story is awesome and the battle system is better than the first game in many ways. Oh yeah, I also think Grandia Xtreme's battle system was better than the first 2. If you have a PS1 memory card and you can find Grandia you might wanna try that out too, that is as long as you don't care about the graphics.

This is for people who are looking for suggestions, right? It's just I kinda see it pointless if it's for Gadzoox(it's been over a year since the start!)

XXAVIERR Aug 22nd, 2003 08:34 AM

In your opinion ssjtrunks, which of these two would be worth the money: Xenogears or Grandia 2? I'm still trying to make it through Chaos Legions, but after that I wanted to get back into an RPG.

ssjtrunks13 Aug 22nd, 2003 04:24 PM

I haven't played Xenogears, just Xenosaga. So I can't really give you a good opinion on it, sorry. Maybe there's someone else who could help you.

Evil Parrot Aug 27th, 2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by XXAVIERR

In your opinion ssjtrunks, which of these two would be worth the money: Xenogears or Grandia 2? I'm still trying to make it through Chaos Legions, but after that I wanted to get back into an RPG.
Xenogears, without a doubt. No offence to any grandia fans but I'd rather have 1 Xenogears to 10 Grandias

XXAVIERR Aug 27th, 2003 02:40 PM

I don't know much about the "Zeno" series. Which game is the best out of this series?

rpgloverz Nov 21st, 2003 07:09 PM

i believe ff 10-2 is da best game.....i just bought it yesterday but i no its good from wat ive played so far

Dark Angel Dec 9th, 2003 05:54 PM

I wish we got Xenogears here...:(. I liked Legaia Duel Saga but then loved the first game, it's still good though.