PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Creativity Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ocha-ken "Cafe" wallpaper (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9516)

merylsilverburg Mar 2nd, 2008 11:07 PM

Ocha-ken "Cafe" wallpaper

Hiya people, I just thought I'd share this little wallpaper I made for my sister.

She's absolutely in love with these characters called "Ocha-ken" (Tea Dog/Puppy) so I decided to make her a wallpaper since she haven't had any luck finding anything she likes. This character is called Cafe since he likes coffee so he's the coffee dog.

It's nothing special but I hope you guys like it. :)

Hylas Mar 3rd, 2008 04:06 PM

Sorry, I didn't understand if you made the character for her as well as the wallpaper or you made a wallpaper for her with some existing character she likes.

Either ways it's very cute! I like the puppy's ears! And coffee is yummy! Do you mind if I save it?

merylsilverburg Mar 6th, 2008 11:07 PM

Hi Hylas! Of course you may save it, I'm very happy you like it! :happy:

Oh, and sorry for the confusion. I merely used one of the characters she likes and made the wallpaper myself. These characters are pre-existing characters licensed by Sega Toys/Horipro. They were created as an effort to get kids to drink tea in Japan. XD As such with cute things, adults started favoring them as well. :D

Pu the Owl Mar 7th, 2008 10:38 AM

Kawaii! It's a very neat and nice wallpaper! If there are more characters you should do more! I wouldn't mind having some green tea or something wallpaper :blush:

merylsilverburg Mar 10th, 2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychopu
I wouldn't mind having some green tea or something wallpaper :blush:

Thanks for your feedback! :D Incidentally, I did make another for my sister two days after the Cafe one but this one isn't green tea...well, it is but it's a Green Tea Roll Cake dog. This one is pretty plain but my sister likes somewhat neutral wallpapers so I tried to keep it simple (though, I admit, I'm still trying to experiment with Photoshop to make it a bit more stylish, like backgrounds with something else other than gradient colors...I'm finding it quite hard though :shame: ).

I may make a green tea one or some of the other characters when I have the time. I'll post them in this thread when I do. :)

Hylas Mar 13th, 2008 04:12 PM

OMG, these puppies are so cute! I want to hug and squeeze them!!! XD

Pu the Owl Mar 13th, 2008 07:54 PM

The roll cake dog one is very simple, but nice. Wallpapers don't necessarily have to be full of stuff to look at. If you add too many things they become distracting. Some of them are so full of flashy details they become annoying or nauseating. That's one of the worst thing about most wallpapers I do: I add too many things, I can't see blank spots without feeling uneasy :P These ones are clean and cute :)

merylsilverburg Mar 13th, 2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylas
OMG, these puppies are so cute! I want to hug and squeeze them!!! XD

LOL, my sister feels the exact same way! XD She considers these dogs irresistible and nearly always has to buy something of theirs. ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panuru
The roll cake dog one is very simple, but nice. Wallpapers don't necessarily have to be full of stuff to look at. If you add too many things they become distracting. Some of them are so full of flashy details they become annoying or nauseating. That's one of the worst thing about most wallpapers I do: I add too many things, I can't see blank spots without feeling uneasy :P These ones are clean and cute :)

Hehe, I'm somewhat opposite of you: I like to design stylish wallpapers with a nice amount of flair but seemingly manage to only create simple and clean stuff. I just need to practice and improve my knowledge of the mysteries of Photoshop, lol. And I find tutorials doesn't help since they seem to confuse me more. :P

Meiko Mar 15th, 2008 05:46 PM

Very nice! Where I can see more images of these characters?