PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FFX-2 Dressing Sense (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5294)

RobertHolland Jan 29th, 2003 12:11 PM

FFX-2 Dressing Sense

After seeing the new screenshots of FFX-2 I was very disappointed. Not because of the new game design but because of the new scantily dressed characters. Don't get me wrong but I love the sound of the combat sytem, I'm really looking forward to the game.
They look younger, slutty and tarty where as they are meant to look older. Their dressing in FFX suits their personality far better.

Please say whether you agree or not and if everyone agrees me perhaps we can start a revolution!!!!!

kupoartist Jan 29th, 2003 02:00 PM

Re: FFX-2 Dressing Sense

Quote:

Originally posted by RobertHolland
They look younger, slutty and tarty where as they are meant to look older. Their dressing in FFX suits their personality far better.

Please say whether you agree or not and if everyone agrees me perhaps we can start a revolution!!!!!
well, apart from the obvious "look, FF forum" motions, I agree. Yuna's very image had me convinced that the whole thing was a joke when the FFX-2 teaser poster was shown in Japan... and then It was confirmed as very real. it does not help my estimation of FFX-2 at all: I don't particuarly think the original game was much to write home about at all, but it at least had well designed and decent characters. Now as another thread on this site points out, they look like Charlie's angels. Which is probably great for the average pubescent guy, but for many others It just looks plain stupid.

But will it ultimately fir their personalities? Are they going to act like the dress now? eap! ...

Matrix Jan 29th, 2003 10:55 PM

I've read lots about the game and those costumes are one of many and all their suits fit according to job and look how they should, lets see anyone of u do a better job?(these are proffesionals working at it remember!!!)(plus squaresoft)

Sleazy P Martini Jan 30th, 2003 12:15 AM

The costumes don't matter to me. When this game was first announced I thought it was a bad idea (a sequel didn't sit well with me). But now I find myself getting excited for this game.

mark0™ Jan 30th, 2003 05:08 PM

^ Same here.

kupoartist Jan 30th, 2003 05:14 PM

I'll probably play it only because its likely that the Squaresoft Titles I really want more than this (FF Origins, FF Tactics Advance, Unlimited SaGa and FFXI Online) will not all make it to the UK. I'm too lazy to import Btw ^_^

ssjtrunks13 Feb 3rd, 2003 08:30 AM

I hear you guys are in worse shape than us as far as being able to meet the requirements for playing FFXI, I feel for you because I've always wanted to play online games but couldn't because ym parents are kinda just getting by it seems. Now I can because we got broadband.

Back on topic, I don't care about the costumes personally I think they're nice and I will definately get this game as soon as I can.

dan da man Feb 3rd, 2003 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

The costumes don't matter to me. When this game was first announced I thought it was a bad idea (a sequel didn't sit well with me). But now I find myself getting excited for this game.

Yea i feel like that too.

David Feb 3rd, 2003 03:49 PM

I like their dresses, except Rikku's, she look's like a slut. If you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to it, but ill wait for a while after it's out.

Plug 4 Feb 3rd, 2003 04:51 PM

it looks just ok..now stupid but ok

IcyMourdor Feb 3rd, 2003 06:40 PM

1. If I remember correct, these girls aren't the first to be dressing a little on the "easy" side. Look at Tifa with he tiny shirt and short shorts. Selphie with her dress that is more like a baggy shirt.

2. Moving this to the Final Fantasy Forum.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 4th, 2003 11:18 AM

They aren't and I don't mind, there are a lot more people here that say they don't like the costumes than do.
BTW, that's great LOD picture in your sig. NIce Work!

kupoartist Feb 4th, 2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mourdor

1. If I remember correct, these girls aren't the first to be dressing a little on the "easy" side. Look at Tifa with he tiny shirt and short shorts. Selphie with her dress that is more like a baggy shirt.
Even so, the worst previous case (yuffie) is only as un-dressed as rikku was in the last one... They're pratically wearing pieces of string compared to the older characters. And all the previous "offenders" have actually covered up far more - the only one who looks terribly stupid is Tifa. She dresses like a hooker, but then she is handicapped by ridulously big "assets" :laugh:

ssjtrunks13 Feb 4th, 2003 04:54 PM

What do you mean by that?

Spank-A-Thon Feb 4th, 2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist

the only one who looks terribly stupid is Tifa. She dresses like a hooker, but then she is handicapped by ridulously big "assets" :laugh:
Tell me you did not just say that.... lol. Reminds me of a certain Tifa vs. Aeris war at another forum...

Anyway, I don't really see what was so 'stupid' about Tifa's clothes - swap the short skirt for some shorts and you only have what Lara Croft is wearing... Besides, what rule says FF characters can't dress sexy? You see at lot more revealing outfits in fighting games - anyone remember the bikini outfits from DOA1?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, they are but some of the costumes available to each character (i.e. the dress up job system). I'm not too bothered - I'm not going to judge the game on how the characters dress!

And hey - I like seeing scantily clad women anyway!

- S

kupoartist Feb 4th, 2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Anyway, I don't really see what was so 'stupid' about Tifa's clothes - swap the short skirt for some shorts and you only have what Lara Croft is wearing... Besides, what rule says FF characters can't dress sexy?
Women should be seen and not heard, and definatly shouldn't wear skirts above their ankles! :laugh:

well ok... but I do think that there is such a thing as "too far" - especially when one of the subjects is a girl that is so innocent that she probably never heard the word "willie" used in a conversation ^_^ ... the Tifa point just stems from a basic dislike of Tifa, but anyways... she doesn't annoy me THAT much, but I wasn't being totally serious or anything (hence the goldfish motioned smilie at the end of the line :P )

incidently, I happen to think that Lara is no better... but what the hey!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 5th, 2003 06:32 PM

Spank-A-Thon, we need more people to post here like you and me.:cool: