PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I the only one who likes Raiden? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=764)

Dark Angel Mar 13th, 2002 03:13 PM

Am I the only one who likes Raiden?

Obviously there seems to be a general dislike of Raiden but I actually like him! What about anyone else?

Evil Parrot Mar 13th, 2002 03:21 PM

I've got to admit, I think he's cool too :phew:

Soul Angel Mar 13th, 2002 04:16 PM

I don't think your the only one who likes Raiden Dark Angel :)

I also like Raiden's character, I think he's a pretty cool character and I hope he will make a come back in MGS3 when they ever decide to start making it :D

Pu the Owl Mar 13th, 2002 06:04 PM

I like Raiden a lot, even if I admit I get pissed at him during the game, especially when talking to Rose :p

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 13th, 2002 07:35 PM

There is absolutley nothing wrong with raiden.The only reason some people dont like him is because they compare him to snake

Pu the Owl Mar 13th, 2002 07:38 PM

Yes, that's true. They were expecting a game with Snake as absolute protagonist and then they find Raiden on their way :laugh:

I also think they don't appreciate the way Raiden looks like: he's more feminine than other MGS male characters, both for his appearence, and also for his way of facing troubles.

merylsilverburg Mar 13th, 2002 08:16 PM

Aaah....Raiden does have some good points but I'm not comparing him to Snake. I just was disappointed that I didn't get to play Snake as much but there's no comparison whatsoever. I just don't like Raiden because he's a wuss. He complains a lot and he whines pretty constantly. Plus, it seems like he doesn't really want to fight, he's just there because he has to. But, hey, that's my opinion. I don't care if I'm the only one who doesn't like Raiden for these points.

MakgSnake Mar 14th, 2002 04:41 AM

Same Here!

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I just was disappointed that I didn't get to play Snake as much
Well Same Here Meryl, When I First Played The Game, I Was Waiting To Get To Play As Snake, Especially When Snake Is Facing Fortune In The End, But We Didn't. I Think That Was Horrible (Atleast For Me)

But I Like Raiden, I Think Hes Cool And His Character Develops As The Story Unfolds. I'd Say Its A Character Which Is Very Well Done.

And Yes He Is Amature And A Bit Girlish, But I Think He Is Pretty Good Looking And Sexy (Ive Asked My Female Friends) And They All Think He Is A Lady Killer (These Are The Girls Who Doesn't Know Shi*t About MGS) So Thats Why They Dont Know Snake's Character.

I Think Snake Got A Beared Cause Radien Was Clean Shaved. Cause Snake Looks Horrible In Clean Shave In MGS2 And I Mean Horrible!!!! Eeesh!.!

jenova_jeb Mar 14th, 2002 03:07 PM

I thought he was a pretty cool character. I was a little disapointed though cause there wasn't much time of playing as Solid Snake. But like I said, Raiden was still pretty cool. :cool:

Pu the Owl Mar 14th, 2002 08:32 PM

Re: Same Here!

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

And Yes He Is Amature And A Bit Girlish, But I Think He Is Pretty Good Looking And Sexy (Ive Asked My Female Friends) And They All Think He Is A Lady Killer (These Are The Girls Who Doesn't Know Shi*t About MGS) So Thats Why They Dont Know Snake's Character.

*crazy fangirl mode on*

For being only a videogame's character, Raiden is HOT! :D
I like girlish boys, so when I first saw Raiden I thought : this game will be fun :laugh:

merylsilverburg Mar 14th, 2002 08:38 PM

How strange....I like girly boys a little too (especially in anime) but when I saw Raiden, I thought, "Oh my God....what were they thinking?" I actually think Snake in MGS2 is really cute. :love: Aahh.....stop it!! *Smacks herself in the head*

Pu the Owl Mar 14th, 2002 08:42 PM

hehe we can start a sub-thread about it!
Just for my curiosity: meryl, do you prefer Snake with or without bandage? :ghost:

Ahhhhhhhh, but that's off topic!

merylsilverburg Mar 14th, 2002 09:41 PM

Yes, this is completely off topic but....I guess with bandage, I dunno. Why do you ask? :confused:

Pu the Owl Mar 14th, 2002 09:46 PM

It was only innocent girlish talk :laugh:

Neo_Soldier28 Mar 15th, 2002 11:55 AM

I like Raiden too but he sure isn't a snake but hes ok maybe if in the next game if he is in it they could make him mature a lot then he would be liked a little more.

MakgSnake Mar 15th, 2002 12:39 PM

Excuse Me!

Quote:

Originally posted by Fortune
meryl, do you prefer Snake with or without bandage? :ghost:
Sorry To Get Into It... But Whats A Bandage? Sorry I Am Lost Here......Just Wanted To Know. I Guess Its A Girly Thing. But I Still Wanna Know As "Snake" Is Involved In The Conversation! :D

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 15th, 2002 12:42 PM

Im pretty sure there talking about the bandage we wheres over his wound when he gets attack by vamp.

MakgSnake Mar 15th, 2002 12:48 PM

Ooh Ok!.!

Hmmm.....Ok, But Whats So Sexy About Snake Wearing A Bandage...?... Strange!.!

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 15th, 2002 12:49 PM

Thats girls for you.Its wierd.I think a guy with a bandage is more gross than sexy.*shudders*

Dark Angel Mar 15th, 2002 03:37 PM

Ah rugged Snkae with his bandage...........*goes dreamy* But what really annoyed me was those damn headphones!! No NO NO, but this is meant to be about Raiden.

I defintely thing liking Raiden is a girl thing, cos I think he's well sexy *blushes* Its nice to have a charcter with feelings as opposd to Snake in MGS1 with the whole I only live for myself stuff, and some of the Jack Rose stuff was really sweet (see I am a romantic at heart) especially the tale of when they first met.

And I totally agree with what Kojima said about including Raiden to see Snake in a different way, and to develop Snake which "is hard to do if the player is Snake". Ah the wonder of the PAL DVD. And that HF Blade is just perfect!! Ah the never ending Japanese influences......