PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   why is GT so Pointless (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5716)

JC Denton Mar 22nd, 2003 04:01 PM

why is GT so Pointless

dragonball GT has just come to England, bout time too,

only promblem is that it is sooooo crap, it is now a little childrens program and is not worth watching, the fights are pointless and the stroyline is boring. The enemies are rubbish and pan gets on my nerves, after watching nine or ten episodes i have given up watching it.

why did they ruin it so much?

Rei Mar 22nd, 2003 07:31 PM

They ruined the original series so much because DB has become a trademark. This means the greatest part of people would watch it and like it in any case, only because there's the "DB" label on it, even if the story is bad and the animation is crap.

DSgamer Mar 22nd, 2003 11:33 PM

i dont like DBZ or DB GT, all i like is DB, i think the 1st few episodes of DB n i was hooked

like me n suzuki say " DB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DBZ/gt"

Zanku Mar 23rd, 2003 09:46 AM

I agree

Dbz is great, up until the Android saga and beyond. Akira Toriyama even admits he only continued because they made him finish the series, he put all his effort into DB and Dbz (up until about the Android saga), which only took about 4 or 5 years, but he was made to carry on for another 5 years afterwards, which pretty much sucked.

neerajamania4life Mar 23rd, 2003 12:57 PM

It sucks!!!

I agree with alot of people, dragonball GT does suck! i'm new to stuff like dragonball Z, and it makes me want to stop watching it ever again! GT was the first dragonball saga i ever watched and it was so crap it made me laugh. They have no storylines either! But don't worry my mate had some old recorded dragonball z shows that i watched and actlly thought it was quite good. I would like to no what time dragonball Z comes on if it does and on what channel please!!!!!!!!!!

Suzuki_Fanboy Mar 23rd, 2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gamer
like me n suzuki say " DB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DBZ/gt"
Word, foo'.

ssjtrunks13 Mar 23rd, 2003 09:26 PM

neerajamania4life, State side it's on at 5:30pm on CN monday through friday.

I love all of DB and I don't think any less of DBGT or DBZ. I will watch this to the end because I am a fan of the series and I think it's better than what you guys are saying.

Preventer Wind Mar 23rd, 2003 11:40 PM

Well I must say.... I am kind of shocked. Most people I know that have seen both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z think that DBZ is way way way better then Dragon Ball. I agree with them. I have not seen a lot of Dragon Ball. I liked the first Martial Arts Tournament. But those were the only good episodes I watched. I think that the fighting in DBZ blows DB out of the water.

Everyone I have talked to about DBGT thinks it sucks. I have not watched any episodes but I planned on doing it sometime soon. Mostly everybody said the same thing you guys did. They made just because it would sell.

I am wondering what you guys think is so great in Dragon Ball and what is so bad in DBZ after the Android series? I think the end of the Cell series was bad but I think the Buu series is good.

neerajamania4life Mar 24th, 2003 03:00 PM

I have read the futre DBGT storylines and they will get better as they go on, but the first lot are very disappointing.

Vash Mar 24th, 2003 09:35 PM

I agree, DB is better except DB lacks any real like power but it is better than watching Goku charge a whole 3 episodes.

Vicious Mar 25th, 2003 04:06 PM

I like DBZ the best. My favorite series is the Buu series cause it has the coolest battles and not as much talk.

Hylas Mar 26th, 2003 07:10 AM

DB was funny, it will always be the series I like the most. DBZ was funny and cool too, but not throughout all the series. I've started hating it after Trunks' arrival. Not for Trunks though, because Trunks was a pretty decent character, but for the dumbness of the story after his arrival. The Cell saga was utterly ridiculous and boring IMO. I've stopped watching DBZ after Cell, I've only had the patience to go through some of the Buu saga's episodes, and I was hopelessly bored by them. GT is for kids who think colorful stories with some fights are cool. It's definitely rubbish.

Pu the Owl Mar 26th, 2003 07:37 AM

At the beginning I was a fan of DB, sorta... I liked the first series, and for this reason I started watching the second - DBZ - with all the good intentions you can think of. DBZ is surely a slow slow series, with lots of unnecessary episodes. Still, I liked it almost till the end of Freezer's saga. After the Freezer's Saga, when the Android's and Cell's Saga started, I was really disappointed. I've tried to like it as before, especially trying to focus my attention on Trunks and Gohan, who, together with Piccolo, are my fave characters of DBZ series. But I couldn't like it anymore. I started to think "Geez, every villain is dumber than his predecessor, and the main characters are even worse, yawnnn...", also considering the slowness gets even worse after the Androids. The same events are always repeated episode after episode, without any kind of originality. There are superheroes screaming like mads and becoming more and more powerful every five minutes, but that are always to weak to beat a villain within a couple of episodes, human race in danger and Earth risking to be destroyed, fusions and training... BORING!!!! I coulnd't bear the boredom anymore and I became an anti-fan (but I repeat, I still like the first DB, which is completely different). As for GT, I don't even think it's a sibling of DB trademark, because, as some other said, it is so ridiculous that only younger children could really enjoy something so dumb and have some interest in it.

neerajamania4life Mar 26th, 2003 03:01 PM

Like i have said i know the beggining of DBGT is really sad and babyish like pokemon is but i promise you just stick with it, it will get better as i have read some of the storylines. Their is only one problem with it though, their are no fighting scenes. If you find any it will be very rarely!!

ssjtrunks13 Mar 26th, 2003 05:48 PM

Well, I will watch all of DB/Z/GT because I am a fan and I don't care how repetitive or childish it becomes. Also, I read that Toriyama only finished DBZ because the company he worked for wanted him to and GT was made by the other people at Bird Studios. My main point is DBZ probably gets repetitive because Toriyama didn't really want to finish it.

Azuma_Ninja Apr 6th, 2003 09:37 PM

I thought DBGT isn't even done by Akira Toriyama?

ssjtrunks13 Apr 7th, 2003 04:00 PM

It's not, but I hear the people who did do it got his permission. I'll still watch it and like it the same.

Azuma_Ninja Apr 7th, 2003 04:01 PM

Has cartoon network started showing episodes of GT yet?

Friza Apr 7th, 2003 06:01 PM

No. They are still showing DBZ. I doubt that DBGT will really be shown until DBZ has lost most of its ratings.

JC Denton Apr 8th, 2003 02:51 PM

In britain they still show dbz on cnx at 1pm and then GT at 5.30
at least it might start getting better now they are on earth, thats the latest episode here. Its still really bad though as it seems like its now aimed at 5 year olds with all the poor ideas and stupid jokes they try and make.