PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   System Link Games. (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6539)

MakgSnake Jul 28th, 2003 08:22 PM

System Link Games.

Ok I had a big Gaming Party thing yesterday at my place. We called it "Gaming Nirvana"...... We hooked up 4 Xboxes to 4 TVs, and Ps2 and GameCube too to one Tv.

I had the best time.....especially with "HALO"....man that game is amazing, when it comes to Multi-Player. Neway.... there were certain things I found out that day....

I cannot play 4 Player Split Screen with games like "Ghost Recon", Midnight Club 2" on the Xbox. And Return To Castle being "2 players".....will not let me play 2 players when I do a System Link. Its ONE TV SCREEN PER GAME. That SUCKED BIG TIME! :mad:

So here is my question, if you guys know any games that work, just like "HALO", "MOTO GP2", "UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP".....that is...with using 4 Copies on 4 Xboxes connected to 4 TVs...I can have 16 players having the BEST TIME???.??? Are there?......?

PS: I was really shocked that Midnight Club 2 doesn't let me do that Four Player Split Screen on System Link, because that game Supports 4 Player Split Screen anyway.

So yeah, Help Please.

dan da man Jul 28th, 2003 08:28 PM

What about Brute Force? Im sure it does 4 split screen on system link.

MakgSnake Jul 28th, 2003 08:43 PM

Oh yeah, I remember, we played that actually....with 4 Player Split Screen. Thanks for reminding me of that. Yeah that game is good in Multiplayer too. Just a little slow downs...... still pretty nice.

Any other games?.?

dan da man Jul 29th, 2003 06:24 AM

Mech Assult I think.

Uchiha Sasuke Jul 29th, 2003 02:25 PM

Timesplitters 2 baby. The game rocks hardcore.

MakgSnake Jul 29th, 2003 09:30 PM

Time Splitters eh...?... I have that game on GameCube, I am pretty sure there is no System Link Option on the GameCube version..... or is there?

Oh yeah Mechassault too...... thats a nice game. I think I'll buy that.....and thats also on LIVE. Pretty good.

Dan, I accepted your Friend's Request....... we should play RTCW soon man. Seriously.

So as we are talking about System Link, are there any PS2 titles that requires System Link.........?......? I never tried connecting system before, and now that I have......I LOVE THAT FEATURE!.! So yeah I would wanna know...
:)

Uchiha Sasuke Jul 29th, 2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

Time Splitters eh...?... I have that game on GameCube, I am pretty sure there is no System Link Option on the GameCube version..... or is there?

Oh yeah Mechassault too...... thats a nice game. I think I'll buy that.....and thats also on LIVE. Pretty good.

Dan, I accepted your Friend's Request....... we should play RTCW soon man. Seriously.

So as we are talking about System Link, are there any PS2 titles that requires System Link.........?......? I never tried connecting system before, and now that I have......I LOVE THAT FEATURE!.! So yeah I would wanna know...
Theres only system link for the Xbox and PS2 version. Theres nothing that sets the GC version out from the others :(

dan da man Jul 30th, 2003 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yes, we should play on RTCW, im playing that all the time out of all my games, so you will catch me on sometime, and we can meet up in a game!

Ghost recon does System Link, it is brilliant on XBL, so system link is about to be bettet! And for PS2 I have no idea, never tired that.

kupoartist Jul 31st, 2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Source: www.beyondunreal.com
"Unreal II: The Awakening" for Xbox will include a robust multiplayer component both on- and off-line. Two players will be able to join forces in splitscreen co-op mode to battle through the epic single player campaign as a team of mercenaries. Online play will be supported through Xbox Live! and will feature an all new class-based, team-oriented multiplayer mode.
Details about the XBox version of Unreal 2 are pretty scarce, but I think this suggests that the Christmas released version of the PC game will have some kind of system link functionality? It'd be nice enough to have another co-op game i suppose. (and you mentioned U:C anyway, so this is the next best thing)

And speaking as a fan of the Unreal Series... perhaps the XBox version will right the wrongs of Unreal 2. Releasing a PC game with no multiplayer is just suicidal. Hopefully the multiplayer will make the game seem longer. It seemed very, very short when I played it this Spring.

Sleazy P Martini Jul 31st, 2003 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dan da man
Yes, we should play on RTCW, im playing that all the time out of all my games, so you will catch me on sometime, and we can meet up in a game!
Yes!!! We definitely have to get a game going

dan da man Jul 31st, 2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist

Details about the XBox version of Unreal 2 are pretty scarce, but I think this suggests that the Christmas released version of the PC game will have some kind of system link functionality? It'd be nice enough to have another co-op game i suppose. (and you mentioned U:C anyway, so this is the next best thing)

And speaking as a fan of the Unreal Series... perhaps the XBox version will right the wrongs of Unreal 2. Releasing a PC game with no multiplayer is just suicidal. Hopefully the multiplayer will make the game seem longer. It seemed very, very short when I played it this Spring.

This game has'nt got so much hype, I hope its good, becuase my PC cant run Unreal 2, and with xbox live and all it should be great!
Sleazy P Martini, yea a game on RTCW will be GREAT, but its just the time diffrence what make it so hard too meet up!

MakgSnake Jul 31st, 2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Sleazy P Martini, yea a game on RTCW will be GREAT, but its just the time diffrence what make it so hard too meet up!
Oh yeah that would be great. "MakgSnake/Dan/Sleazy" on one team....against any weak pathetic fools on the other side. That'd be soooo fun.!!!.

You know the games I REALLY WANT to have SYSTEM LINK just like HALO...... "Counter Strike"........"Rainbow Six 3".... Seriously...they should have it. I know the LIVE feature would be good, but they should give more thought to SYSTEM LINK too.

Sleazy P Martini Jul 31st, 2003 08:01 PM

Quote:

Where are you located? I've been working nights....so perhaps its just my messed up backwards schedule :D

dan da man Aug 1st, 2003 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Where are you located? I've been working nights....so perhaps its just my messed up backwards schedule :D

I live in the UK, GMT time.

kupoartist Aug 1st, 2003 12:16 PM

Quote:

This game hasn't got so much hype
The biggest reason for that is that the hype was immediatly squished the minute people loaded up the game and realised that the game that many had been waiting for, for so long, with amazing characters, combat, AI and missions had somehow got lost on the way from 3 years of PR to the CDs in their lap. Unreal 2 PC is not a brilliant game (and one magazine gave it a "far better than Medal of Honour or Half-life" score - needless to say, few followed suit, and the magazine in question had got the exclusive review.). Its by no means a bad game (I'd argue that it had the best graphics available upon it's release... but my GeForce 2 wasn't really up to that) ... with no hype surrounding the XBox release, perhaps they can put some effort into actually making the game (not selling it), and perhaps people won't be so deathly disappointed with it.