PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9150)

Infernal Mass Jun 17th, 2006 05:52 PM

Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary

Quote:

Cheer up, Tomb Raider fans! It turns out the 10th anniversary remake of Lara's first adventure hasn't been cancelled after all - and it won't just be appearing on PSP, either.

Rumours that the game was cancelled emerged after a statement appeared on Core Design's website saying that it was cancelled.

But that's not the case at all, according to SCi-Eidos. They've issued a statement saying that Tomb Raider: 10th Anniversary Edition is very much in development - and will appear on PC and PS2 as well as Sony's handheld.
Advertisement

"Our 10th Anniversary Edition of Tomb Raider is a one-off title to celebrate both Lara and Tomb Raider," said SCi-Eidos bigwig Larry Sparks.

"It will appeal not only to the loyal fans of the Tomb Raider series but will also attract a totally new audience."

Well, it's certainly looking lovely, as the video which appeared on the Internet recently will testify. As for when it's out - Eidos isn't saying just yet, but we'll keep you posted.

video here

merylsilverburg Jun 18th, 2006 02:55 PM

It looks pretty nifty even though I haven't heard about it until this thread. It looks like a combination of new elements with a bit of the first Tomb Raider, which isn't a bad thing. Regardless, whether they do release it or cancel it, I know for sure I'm going to either rent it first or check out a demo before shelling out any money for it. Thanks for the news Infernal. :cool:

tempted Jun 19th, 2006 08:02 AM

Like meryl said, i didn't know about this until now either, but seems cool, not awesome but i'm sure i will give it a try when or if they really decide to release it.

Infernal Mass Jun 19th, 2006 12:42 PM

It's weird, I was having a pretty lengthly discussion with a few people about remaking the original TR about 6-7 months ago.

Surprising to me I was the only one for it, everyone detested the idea. Thier primary concern being that a classic should not be disturbed, because it will only tarnish the image of the original if it fails. I couldn't help but be more optmistic than them, I mean I've seen that kinda thing happen in films but i just don't think the same ideology can be applied here.

Infernal Mass Jan 2nd, 2007 02:56 PM

https://www.tombraider.com/anniversary/index.html

Berserker Jan 3rd, 2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernal Mass
It's weird, I was having a pretty lengthly discussion with a few people about remaking the original TR about 6-7 months ago.

Surprising to me I was the only one for it, everyone detested the idea. Thier primary concern being that a classic should not be disturbed, because it will only tarnish the image of the original if it fails. I couldn't help but be more optmistic than them, I mean I've seen that kinda thing happen in films but i just don't think the same ideology can be applied here.

Agreed, I think that a lot of games will do very well under a remake. Graphics, loading times, hit box problems, glitches, framerate issues, could all be fixed and you'll have a blast playing a classic all over again. It's not that easy with movies do, just look at the tons of crap coming out nowadays.

Infernal Mass May 16th, 2007 06:30 PM

seems to be a reimaging as well as a remake.

Crystal Dynamics has taken some bold steps in revitalizing the Tomb Raider IP. Even going so far as to rewrite Lara's past. For example in the original games from CORE. Lara was disowned from her family, and made a name for herself thru her journals and writings. In TR:Legend..from what i've read they changed that.

That change carries over to this new version of Tomb Raider. All the characters are there, the stage is the same, but Lara seems more determined in this new vision of the original TR.

Beretta55 Jun 10th, 2007 07:14 AM

Thought I'd give this topic a shot in the arm instead of making a new one about the game.

I picked TR:A a couple of days ago at Wal-Mart. For people who want it you can get the game for twenty bucks new at Best Buy as a part of a special instead of paying the full thirty. But if they don't have it (which mine didn't) you can bring the local Sunday Best Buy ad to any store like Wal-Mart and price match it for the twenty dollar price like I did, just thought I'd throw that out there.

I've beaten the first level so far (Peru) and its pretty fun. I haven't played the first Tomb Raider since 1998 on my brothers Playstation, so it's been a while. I do like the combat in this game more then in Legends though, it's a lot more aggressive. The combat still plays the same as Legends but it's a lot more frantic and exciting to fight a grizzly bear hopped up on steroids charging at you then some dude with a gun like in Legends. The platforming is just as fun as Legends and there are some serious platforming challenges to get to a collectible now. Getting those is a lot harder in this game then in Legends, I died about ten times trying to get one.

But pretty much if you played and liked Legends then you will most certainly like this one, the combat is more fun due to the enemies being a lot more aggressive and the platforming is incredibly fun. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's been so long since I've played the original I can't remember what's changed and what's not. So the nostalgia factor doesn't apply for me here. :(

tempted Jun 13th, 2007 03:43 PM

well i got this today, as an early bday present... i played 3 levels... so far seems interesting.. not a amazing game.. but entertaining to say the least.

Infernal Mass Jun 13th, 2007 10:02 PM

Greece had a nice flow to it, combining The Cistern w/ The Tomb of Tihocan was a wise decision.TR:A has surpassed my expectations, excellent remake. The pacing isn't as tedious as the original, a cohesive plot, and more character details.