PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Animal Crossing: City Folk (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9580)

merylsilverburg Aug 24th, 2008 05:02 AM

Animal Crossing: City Folk

I'm a bit late I suppose since those who've seen this year's E3 would know by now but I am so looking forward to this! "Wild World" was merely okay since lack of space and deletion of real world holidays (and other things) made the game quite a bore.

I'm glad to see they decided to add a "city" area to the game. It seems rather small though - I believe there's only a theater, Harriet's hair salon, Gracie's shop, HRA building, and an auction house. I hope there will be even more shops/buildings than these.

I'm looking forward to the returning holidays and the new Carnival event. I'm happy that old characters are back though I wish Brewster would have his own cafe somewhere in the city or something. :( There's no word on Gulliver, I hope he's still in the game...maybe he'll be in a hot air balloon this time! :D The new characters seem interesting too.

Now I just have to find a Wii before the holiday seasons.

What are you guys looking forward to in this game? What do you hope there'll be to do or see?

Hylas Aug 27th, 2008 11:38 AM

I hope they add more features, besides the usual go fishing, collect furniture, do errands for other animals, etc! The fact they're adding the city gives lots of opportunities to new elements in the gameplay, I hope they don't waste them! I also hope the online thing works a little better than in Wild World, because I didn't like it much, so I never really wanted to play online, and ended playing alone all the time.

Anybody knows when it'll be out? In Europe?

merylsilverburg Sep 4th, 2008 09:32 AM

I agree with you about expanding the activities and things you can do. It'd be fun to do other things than these tasks. :)

I'm sure online would be better this time too. Hopefully there won't be too much lag that plagues online gaming nowadays. If they added more to do, the online would be much more fun since all you were able to to do was have a fishing competition or play tag on WW. :peoples:

I don't know when it's coming out in Europe, I'm sorry. It's scheduled to be released in the States first then Japan. I'm sorry. :(

Meiko Sep 4th, 2008 04:52 PM

From a couple of videos from E3, seems will be nice, but I don't know how much they actually added to the gameplay of the previous games. Seems pretty much the same :confused:

merylsilverburg Oct 7th, 2008 09:38 PM

Sorry, Meiko, for the late reply. I think you're right on the lack of new material for this game, it does seem like everything is pretty much the same. I do understand why though, since not everyone would've played the GC or DS versions but I seriously hope there will be at least a few more new things to do.

An update on the release date for EU: it'll be released on December 5th. Not too far away from the US or JP dates which is great for you guys! :)

Stacked Rapture Feb 13th, 2009 12:23 PM

I was a huge fan of the original one on gamecube, but a little disappointed that they didn't put more effort into this latest revision. It feels like a mix of the first one and the one on DS. I was hoping for something a little bit more heavy on the social internet action.