PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Nintendo Wii = $250, coming november 19 (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9244)

Vic Viper Sep 14th, 2006 12:39 AM

Nintendo Wii = $250, coming november 19

- Wii costs $250, comes with Wii Sports and will release on Nov. 19th.
"Nintendo intends to charge $50 for its Wii games, $10 less than the standard price for Xbox 360 titles and the same price generally charged for GameCube games."

- "Nintendo plans to announce today that about 30 classic games will be available for download when the Wii is released, including ones from the "Zelda," "Mario" and "Donkey Kong" franchises. Downloadable games will cost about $5 to $10 each."

- There will be new multimedia functions, one a photo channel where you can view digital photos, a news and weather channel, and a Opera enabled web browser.

- Nintendo said it plans to ship 4 million Wii units worldwide by the end of the year.

Berserker Sep 14th, 2006 01:34 AM

With all this crap concerning the ps3 I will be watching the Wii more closely. Especially if SNK/Playmore is going Wii exclusive because Sony gives them the shaft on 2d gaming.

merylsilverburg Sep 14th, 2006 01:56 AM

Yay, a release date finally! November 19 isn't so far away, so I better start saving up some $$$, even though it's considerably a lot cheaper than the PS3. I will most likely get the Wii on release date. Thanks for the news, as always, Vic. :D

Vic Viper Sep 14th, 2006 12:06 PM

- Wii to charge $5 for NES, $8 for SNES, and $10 for N64 or purchase them with Wii points

- additional remotes.

Wii Remote is $39.99. Nunchuck attachment is $19.99.

- no DVD movie playback for the Wii

- Gamecube ver. of Zelda got pushed back to december, the Wii ver. is a launch title.

Vic Viper Sep 14th, 2006 04:06 PM

Not to be left out, Nintendo might give Europe the finger too.

Wii March 2007 in Europe?

Berserker Sep 15th, 2006 01:36 AM

If that's true it's time for an european based console, maybe it's time to chat with the guys of Guerilla :laugh:

Harry Sep 15th, 2006 10:11 AM

Just finished watching the press conference. Wii is coming in Europe on December 8th, priced £179 in UK, 249 Euro in Europe, with Wii Sports included in the package. Unfair currency conversion, but not bad, overall!

MakgSnake Sep 18th, 2006 03:41 PM

To be honest, I wasn't really planning to get NINTENDO Wii but after checking the videos out, and knowing all about the CHANNELS this baby is going to have.... I was sold. Just amazing. The channels seems to give the Wii a better Dashboard, even better then the one of XBOX 360.

Sorry to mention this but for what I have seen of PS3....it lacks alot of things. But I know friends who are in love with the PS3 dashboard. Oh well.

Wii is on the top. Nintendo is quite amazing at times.

Phenom Sep 19th, 2006 03:52 PM

I'll admit that my views about Nintendo has been changing. At 1st I would never think about messing around with any Nintendo product, but I've taken a little interest in the Wii. (Just a little)

With that being said, it still hasn't hit me. While the $250 price tag sounding nice and all, it still hasn't given me a reason to be motivated. In all honesty, none of the next gen consoles has me jumping for joy. (I actually lost quite a bit of interest in gaming.)

merylsilverburg Oct 23rd, 2006 06:47 PM

So depressing...I just found out the Wii is not region-free...argh, that means I have to save up an additional $300 (because of import costs) just to buy a US and JP Wii. :cry: