PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Creativity Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Staff fan art and then some. ^_^ (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7891)

happy_doughnut Sep 23rd, 2004 05:46 PM

Staff fan art and then some. ^_^

Hey guys. :)

I was thinking about this site the other day, and I realized that there are a great deal of skilled artists here and some that can draw some good stick figures, too, like yours truly (well, maybe not GOOD...). =D

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe we can do something on this forum that could turn out to be a really cool thing:

How about drawing the members on this forum? You know, like the admins., mods., and members. I mean, even though we have seen pictures of some, we don't know what everyone looks like, myself included, but then again... judging by my face, I am making you all a favor... :o

*ahem* So yeah: people that want to draw can draw any member upon request or out of randomness, according to what the artist thinks that member would look like (you know, judging by their personalities or user names... maybe I really DO look like a doughnut. Hmm.).

I think this would be really fun and would bring a lot of spark to this forum, or to the forums entirely. I know some may think that this will be very time consuming, but this isn't necessarily so. Only those that want to will participate, and it will only take up as much time as you want to put into it. After all, this is all just in good fun.

So, what do you guys think? How about animating the members of the forums and turning them into little toons? It'll be fun!

I have a scanner, can't draw to save my life, but I have a scanner! So, I'm game.

Anyone else? :)

merylsilverburg Sep 24th, 2004 12:34 AM

Definitely! I love this idea! I would probably draw everyone manga-ish (obviously). Though, I don't wanna insult/offend anyone, so I'll probably ask for permission or maybe I'll request for a picture or something. :)

Rei Sep 24th, 2004 01:42 PM

Cool idea! For those who can draw at least it should be fun... :right:

kupoartist Sep 26th, 2004 05:26 AM

A great idea... I always wanted to do a drawing featuring PS2F peoples, but i'm not sure who to do and what to do!

https://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthr...8&page=1&pp=15 <- user picture thread (revived). That'll hopefully be of some help to people wanting to draw people on the forums. Hehe... you can even have a "what's behind kupo's hand" competition while you're at it ^^.

https://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthr...2&page=1&pp=15 <- the original user picture thread.

merylsilverburg Sep 26th, 2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupoartist
A great idea... I always wanted to do a drawing featuring PS2F peoples, but i'm not sure who to do and what to do!

https://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthr...8&page=1&pp=15 <- user picture thread (revived). That'll hopefully be of some help to people wanting to draw people on the forums. Hehe... you can even have a "what's behind kupo's hand" competition while you're at it ^^.

https://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthr...2&page=1&pp=15 <- the original user picture thread.

Thanks for digging those up, kupo. :cool: I think I'm going to draw happy_doughnut first since she's the one who came up with this idea.

Then I might do Panuru or someone else.

I might even do chibi (super-deformed) versions. That'll be cute! :D

GuRu Sep 26th, 2004 08:25 PM

Heres one

https://img56.exs.cx/img56/2886/PS2fantasy.jpg

You guys might not like it but I do except I had trouble finding a type of way to write ps2 fantasy.

Berserker Oct 5th, 2004 05:36 AM

Excellent idea, I'm looking forward to those drawings! Maybe everyone can do his or hers version of somebody judging by what information they have and the person self can tell who was the closest with his impression.
I can't draw but I sure as hell can enjoy it :lick:

merylsilverburg Oct 5th, 2004 01:51 PM

Tah-dah! I'm finished with Mena/happy_doughnut! I actually decided to color it (:shock: ) but I'm afraid my coloring looks terrible (like a 5 year old :P). I wanted to draw Mena with her chihuahua, but...uh...I didn't know what he looks like so I decided not to. Sorry Mena, I just didn't want to offend Duke.

Anyway, here it is. I only used a mechanical pencil and colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils. I enhanced the drawing with Photoshop by darkening it and brightening the colors a bit. The position may be a bit odd (it's probably the hand, darn it) but I hope it's okay at least.

Mena-chan Hope I didn't offend you doughnut! :right:

missingno Oct 6th, 2004 01:01 AM

wow merylsilverburg.. that looks pretty good, looks just like Brenda... i love it ^__^

Berserker Oct 6th, 2004 01:23 AM

Beautifully done is it based on a photo or on your imagination?

merylsilverburg Oct 6th, 2004 04:14 AM

Thanks guys! :D Glad it looks okay! :phew: beserker, the drawing is based on a photo (heh, if I could imagine real-life people, I'd be sooo happy :laugh: ) so that is basically what Mena looks like (aside from the huge eyes, of course, which is exaggerated 'cause of my anime/manga style and some facial details). :)

Gadzoox Oct 6th, 2004 10:48 AM

Oh my god this is best thing since sliced bread!!! BIGGER THAN HOOLA HOOPS!

I'm super-busy with school (have you guys missed me?!?! ;) ) so I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate too often, but I'd absolutely LOVE to join in when I can!! Count me in for sure!! Yay!

Rei Oct 6th, 2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merylsilverburg

Mena-chan Hope I didn't offend you doughnut! :right:

This is so nice! Very beautiful choice for the colors! It's really bright and cheerful! :)

Gadzoox Oct 6th, 2004 05:29 PM

One question, what thread and/or section do we post the images in?

merylsilverburg Oct 6th, 2004 09:21 PM

Gadzoox, I'm glad to see you're going to participate! :D I think we should post all drawings in this forum and in this thread. But, again, I'm not sure because of that other thread in General Chat...:right:

I've finished a drawing of Panuru. :D I did the same thing as with Mena's drawing; penciled, inked, colored penciled, and enhanced on Photoshop. I did color the skin with a peach pencil, but it didn't show up when I scanned it. :P So, sorry if she looks so ghostly. :ghost:

Panuru I think my position may be a bit odd, so I'm sorry. ^^;;;

Rei Oct 6th, 2004 10:01 PM

The last pic is really awesome, meryl! I like the pose, actually! Looks so sophisticated... a bit like Nana! Again, nice colors! You're posting fantastic stuff! :D

merylsilverburg Oct 6th, 2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rei
The last pic is really awesome, meryl! I like the pose, actually! Looks so sophisticated... a bit like Nana! Again, nice colors! You're posting fantastic stuff! :D

Thanks Rei! I was actually inspired to draw Panuru just like Nana, since they both are so alike in many ways. :D I'm glad the pose didn't seem weird. Thanks again! :happy:

happy_doughnut Oct 6th, 2004 11:49 PM

Heey... it's good to see some drawing in here. Hopefully we can get more. :)

You're drawings are great, meryl. The one of Fortune is simply amazing. Like Rei said, it looks very sophisticated - which (imo) goes very much with Fortune herself. :)

As for the one you did of me.... Oh... my... god...!! I love it so very much! Like missing said, it looks plenty like me! Of course... the drawing is cute and whatnot, but you get the idea.

Anyhow, really meryl: I loved the drawing so very much! I even printed it out and everything :D. Thanks!!

Oh and Zoox: yeah, like meryl said, the pictures are better off here. The thread in GC was just to let others know about this, since not many members browse this forum.

Currently, there are three requests:

Nelo Angelo
Red
Harry
(requested by berserker)

These can be taken up by anyone. I'd suggest you get meryl or kupo, cause if not you'll be making yourself subject to my art attrocities. :o!

Any others? *hint*Rei*hint* ^^

Berserker Oct 7th, 2004 01:16 AM

Wow meryl, Panuru looks awesome just like Mena I like your style with soft lines and fresh colours excellent!!!

Pu the Owl Oct 7th, 2004 01:53 PM

I'm amazed! My pic look so beautiful! I never looked so good in my entire life :laugh: Really, the pose is fantastic and I like the expression too! I agree it looks a bit like Nana, which is great, because Nana is cool, and being portrayed a bit like her makes me very happy! The choice of colors is good too, in fact you picked colors that aren't too bright (I never wear too bright colors, hehe, your drawing is a fine work of psychological study :D). Does it bother if I save that and keep it stored in my hard disk? I really like it, and I'd be honored to keep such nice work that represents me!

Mena's pic is great as well! It's like I imagined her, more or less! Only the glasses are differing from my idea! Her pose is very natural, and the choice of red and bright tones for the skin makes her lok more "alive".

I'd like to draw something as well, but last time I used a pencil for drawing was a long time ago... I'm not sure it could work :heh: Plus, I'd be embarassed having to choose who to portray! I'll think about it, anyway!