PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Creativity Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   _RED_ stuff (version1.1) (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6715)

Redpyramidhead Sep 9th, 2003 12:04 AM

_RED_ stuff (version1.1)

_RED_ stuff

by

Redpyramidhead (Mark S.)

A twilight in hell
magic hour beautiful yet so sour
a taste in this mouth
as one waits as a raven in the crook of Dis' highest tower
with what one is relentlessly told to aspire
as one spreads their wings for a downward loop into the absense of air's current, no power
the only torrent against thine approach in spirals and downward cycles through cyclopean spire
That they are what reach for the forsaken lands' poisened skies
What maketh what Thee dare call blasphemous stalagmites of artistic wonder, endless lifetimes to ponder,
the meticulously woven heart threads, arterial matter, and the last lamenting parts of soul bound
to even the seventh chakra and feeding your hand poisened lies

They come every day now
sometimes in pairs, thirds, and fourths somehow
They search for longevity and what they have been told to be devine
and ask for on tap from hell's most grandiose and livid if not vivid gardens the finest red wine
The audacity...
Oh, how they shall all get as much red stuff as their hearts desire in due time...

_RED_ stuff

trunks69420 Oct 4th, 2003 01:37 AM

Very nice sir:) I like it a lot actually... i think i might share that one w/ a couple of my friends outside of here if that is okay with you... you have a real talent for the poetry! Make sure you keep at it!

Rei Oct 6th, 2003 03:05 PM

Have I told you you have an amazing lyrical talent ? You use words that have something like an antique flavor in them.

Redpyramidhead Oct 7th, 2003 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rei

Have I told you you have an amazing lyrical talent ? You use words that have something like an antique flavor in them.
Wow:D Thanks a lot, Rei. You have no idea how much that comment means to me. I can tell it's genuine and you really mean it. I was worried nobody liked this one cuz it went unnoticed for so long. :laugh: Silly me, I should know better, maybe. Thanks again:cool:

_RED_ stuff

Pu the Owl Oct 7th, 2003 04:22 AM

I'm sorry. I also didn't comment lately, mainly because after the long period away from the pc, I completely lost contact with anything involving the forums :(

I agree with both previous comments, I think they said it better than I possibly could now. And I find Rei's "antique flavor" definition very appropriate.

Just a question, with no direct reference to this work (it's a general question): do you read Rimbaud or similar French poets?

Redpyramidhead Oct 7th, 2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fortune
I agree with both previous comments, I think they said it better than I possibly could now. And I find Rei's "antique flavor" definition very appropriate.
Awww, THanks!! :cool: Another word for the style I am trying to learn is rhetoric. It's an older style of speaking that was more poetic and flowing... I like the way it sounds and the way it captures you. I am hoping to take some courses on this style of writing. Right now I barely know what I'm doing, but I wasn't trying to make the entire piece based on it, anyway.

Quote:

Just a question, with no direct reference to this work (it's a general question): do you read Rimbaud or similar French poets?
No, I have no read Rimbaud I am sorry to say. I might have seen some poetry by french poets in a couple of the books I have, but I wouldn't be able to name them and I don't speak French, unfortunately. I imagine an english translation would lose all the original glory of anything written in french. I am interested in this, though so if you have any information on french poets who write in english, please share. Maybe even in French. Never too late to learn! Thanks:cool:

_RED_ stuff

Meiko Oct 13th, 2003 08:21 PM

Aww... I wish I could write something like that! You have great talent man! I envy your ability to write poems!

Hylas Oct 14th, 2003 09:11 AM

Quote:

I envy your ability to write poems!
Yeah, old Red is very good at these things, bless him! His works are always inspirational for us, little ignorant people :P

Redpyramidhead Nov 19th, 2003 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hylas

Yeah, old Red is very good at these things, bless him! His works are always inspirational for us, little ignorant people :P
You seem upset Hylas? Or did I read that wrong. Nobody said you were ignorant and I never said I was some kind of masterful poet. I just like to share my writings because I am proud of most of them and I am looking for feedback becuase the whole idea of sharing them is exciting to me. Hylas, I would like to see some of your writings if you have any. Are we cool:cool:

_RED_ stuff