PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   HELP!!! San Andreas stopped working! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=8186)

Redpyramidhead Dec 14th, 2004 02:01 AM

HELP!!! San Andreas stopped working!

OK for some reason whenever I put th disk in my PS2...and this happened randomly to me tonight for no apparent reason out of the blue... it takes forever to try and read the disc n then it brings me to a screen I have never seen before in my life that says PLEASE INSERT A PLAYSTATION OR PLAYSTATION 2 FORMAT DISC in huge letters on the screen. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!??!? THere is now reason for my Grand Theft Auto Disc to not be working I havn't spilled anything on it or scratched the hell out of it or anything. And to make matters more confusing, All of my other games work fine. Somebody please help or I am going to die of GTA withdrawal! Thanks Ahead of time.

_RED_ stuff

Dactrius Dec 14th, 2004 03:41 AM

Alright, if you're absolutely positive your GTA: SA DVD is in perfect condition then the chances are it's a problem with your PS2. I know that's kind of hard to believe considering your other games work fine, but it can't hurt to try it on another person's PS2 if you can. If it still doesn't work, you know it's the game, otherwise you need your PS2 looked at. Chances are it's the laser that needs cleaning, probably nothing serious. If it is the laser you can get that cleaned yourself, there are a lot of sites online that show you how.

Keep us informed of what happens. :)

GameMind Dec 14th, 2004 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
OK for some reason whenever I put th disk in my PS2...and this happened randomly to me tonight for no apparent reason out of the blue... it takes forever to try and read the disc n then it brings me to a screen I have never seen before in my life that says PLEASE INSERT A PLAYSTATION OR PLAYSTATION 2 FORMAT DISC in huge letters on the screen. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!??!? THere is now reason for my Grand Theft Auto Disc to not be working I havn't spilled anything on it or scratched the hell out of it or anything. And to make matters more confusing, All of my other games work fine. Somebody please help or I am going to die of GTA withdrawal! Thanks Ahead of time.

_RED_ stuff

lool.. just be cool dude ;) :shappy:

Daniel Legge Dec 15th, 2004 09:18 PM

i think its a problem with your PS2. I had this problem with a game a couple of years ago.
I am havin one or two problems with my PS2 at the min. Sometimes a game wont load so to make it load i have to move my PS2 from vertical to horizontal till it loads then i can put it back. Sounds strange but give it ago.

Chances are you havent got a warrenty so you may have to buy a new silm line PS2.

Dactrius Dec 16th, 2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Legge
Sometimes a game wont load so to make it load i have to move my PS2 from vertical to horizontal till it loads then i can put it back. Sounds strange but give it ago.

This is a good point. Some years ago my friend had to flip his playstation upside down to make a game work, usually he had to keep it in that position whilst he played. It's annoying, but if it works...

dan da man Dec 16th, 2004 12:08 PM

The old trick, rent GTA SA, see if it works in your ps2, if it does, it was the GTA SA previous disk fault, swap the discs and take it back, bada bing. :cool:

If all fails its your Ps2.

Urahara Kisuke Dec 16th, 2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan da man
The old trick, rent GTA SA, see if it works in your ps2, if it does, it was the GTA SA previous disk fault, swap the discs and take it back, bada bing. :cool:

If all fails its your Ps2.

thats a good idea, but what if the rented GTA SA has a sticker on it that the rental place put on it. your stuck then. Nice thinking though. :shappy: