PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stupid questions you ask to yourself about movies! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3550)

Hylas Sep 28th, 2002 10:12 AM

Stupid questions you ask to yourself about movies!

When you go to see a movie, you sometime focus your attention on silly details and you ask to yourself many questions, but you don't want to tell others because you feel stupid for thinking about them.

What are the silly questions you asked to yourself about any movie you've ever seen? It can be in general or about a precise movie.

I'll try to post some examples..

In general:

What actors inhale or smoke when they have to play the role of drug addicts?

If an actor is scared of insects, what do they do if they have to touch them in a sequence of the movie?

About precise movie:

In "Minority Report" does Tom Cruise really eat a rotten sandwich? :laugh:

All silly stuff like that :right:

Frozen Sep 28th, 2002 11:50 AM

When someone kisses someone else... do they actually enjoy it? XD (sometimes these chicks such afully ugly dudes, it makes me cry ;_; )

That's the only thing that comes to my mind right now :right:

MakgSnake Sep 28th, 2002 01:16 PM

Not Exactly The Name Q's But Still.

Well I Think Alot Of Stuff.......... Too. But Mostly Depends On The MOVIE.

More Then I Think What They DO Or How Do They Do It. I Try To Find Errors....... Like "Damn, How Is That Possible"......Or "Ok He Was Wearing A White Shirt When Coming Out From The Room And Suddenly, There Are Stripes On It??"

U Know Little Details....

But If I Like The Movie, I Start Making My Own, Sitting In The Cinema, Thinking, IF I'd Make One, How It'd Be........ What Changes I Would Make....... Or Would I Make A Completely Different From It, But The Theme Would Be The SAME.

(OFCOURSE, I Dont Mention This TO ANYONE. Well There Was A Friend... But Now He Lives 100000 Miles Away)

So Yeah....... I Love MOVIES!.! AAAAHHHH

merylsilverburg Sep 28th, 2002 02:19 PM

Re: Not Exactly The Name Q's But Still.

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake
Or "Ok He Was Wearing A White Shirt When Coming Out From The Room And Suddenly, There Are Stripes On It??"
That would be more like a movie mistake instead of a question. :laugh: Off topic but there's a site where you can go and view millions of movie mistakes in which this guy has taken the time to actually notice them all. ;)

As for me, I would wonder if there was any rivalry between the two main actors...and they have to act like they have "chemistry". If there was rivalry, I wonder how hard it was to act like they actually liked the other person. For example, in the old version of "Sabrina" starring Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart...they hated each other because Bogart was always rude and thought of Hepburn as this inexperienced actress...he was also worried that he wouldn't play "the guy who got her in the end" which he did. But in the film...you couldn't see any of the hatred they had for each other, which I thought was brilliant.

Hmm...that's all I can think of right now...

MakgSnake Sep 28th, 2002 02:22 PM

Yeah Thats What I Said!.!

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg

That would be more like a movie mistake instead of a question. :laugh:

Yeah Thats Why I Said. I Find Errors More Then I Ask Questions!.!

Sleazy P Martini Sep 29th, 2002 12:03 AM

Re: Re: Not Exactly The Name Q's But Still.

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg
there's a site where you can go and view millions of movie mistakes in which this guy has taken the time to actually notice them all. ;)

Got a link?

MakgSnake Sep 29th, 2002 12:10 AM

I Think...

Yeah I Would Like To Have A Link Of That TOO. And By The Way, Is It Me, Or Meryl Just Deleted Her Post, Which Was Here. Correct Me If I Am Wrong!.!

Gadzoox Sep 29th, 2002 01:09 AM

General:

"I wonder if the people in the movies are watching us, just like we are watching them."

Specific:

Labyrinth: "Why can't I be Sarah and dance with the Goblin King?!?! WHY GOD WHHHYYYYYY!?!?!"

Zoolander: "Did Hansel /really/ pull his underwear out of his pants while wearing them?! 'Cuz WOW!"
and
"Awwww, Ben Stiller is so cute!"

Night at the Roxbury: "Why do those two girls have to break Doug and Steve's hearts?! WHY?!"

Queen of the Damned: "Did Anne Rice actually let them make this movie?!!?"

Evil Dead/2/Army of Darkness: "I wish Ash would give me some sugar!"

Signs: "I wonder if the aliens will take Blue3vilx back home with them?" ;)

Resident Evil, Thirteen Ghosts, any other movie involving running away from dead things or Richard Simmons: "Why don't the people running just kill themselves and save everyone a lot of time and money?! WHHHYYYY?!?!"

Fast and the Furious: "Why have I seen this movie four times and hated it each time?"

Alright I'm going to stop here because I'm sure I'm offending at least one person with at least one of my questions asked. Sorry for offending but I really honestly do ask myself these questions and more while partaking in watching a movie.

merylsilverburg Sep 29th, 2002 06:21 AM

Re: I Think...

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake
Yeah I Would Like To Have A Link Of That TOO. And By The Way, Is It Me, Or Meryl Just Deleted Her Post, Which Was Here. Correct Me If I Am Wrong!.!
Uh...you must be seeing things, Makg. I didn't post anything after you quoted me.

Here's the link: Movie Mistakes There are some "mistakes" on here that when you see the movie again...there is no mistake. This guy lives in the UK and I think he watches everything at the movies, which is why there are mistakes then. For the DVD/VHS versions, they probably edited out the mistakes, which is why some of the mistakes are not there when you view the movie.

Hylas Sep 29th, 2002 01:15 PM

The link about mistakes in movies is really interesting. Some of the mistakes are really well known ones, but it's interesting to read also the others!

Gadzoox, I'm sure the Labyrinth's question tortured many other girls :P

007_JamesBond Sep 29th, 2002 01:42 PM

when I watch the movie I dont normally ask my self questions, but when the movie is over I think back upon certain things and I ponder them but no not during the movie