PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   the driver (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3963)

dragon1969_99 Nov 3rd, 2002 10:07 AM

the driver

how can i beat hillary in the car race? he's way to fast...

Andi Nov 3rd, 2002 10:49 AM

Find a fast car! https://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/violent/badass.gif or shoot him!

zimm Nov 4th, 2002 08:46 AM

Sorry to post this question here but how do you steal the Tank, I tried but the military guys killed me in no time.

Sleazy P Martini Nov 4th, 2002 08:49 AM

Re: the driver

Quote:

Originally posted by dragon1969_99
how can i beat hillary in the car race? he's way to fast...
Try to run him off the road to give you a lead.

Andi Nov 4th, 2002 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by zimm
Sorry to post this question here but how do you steal the Tank, I tried but the military guys killed me in no time.
https://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/cont...amenforcer.gif
Nail the Army , Before they nail you!

zimm Nov 4th, 2002 11:19 AM

NICE Thanks for your Expert Advice.

Andi Nov 4th, 2002 11:24 AM

Thats the whole piont of having guns ! https://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/cont...AR15firing.gif lol To Kick The Laws Ass !https://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Smack%20Bottom.gif

Sleazy P Martini Nov 4th, 2002 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andi

https://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/cont...amenforcer.gif
Nail the Army , Before they nail you!

Good luck. There is about 40 of em, all with m4's.

timers Nov 4th, 2002 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zimm
My brother had trouble with this level, but for me, it was so easy. Just get on a bike, and come up on the right side of the tank. Drive right between the army guys and the tank, on its right side of the direction its moving in. Then just stop the bike right in front of the tank, the army guys will start to freak, by that time hit Y, and enter the tank from teh drivers side, door should just open up, and ur in, then its simple. Youll blow everything away. Easy

BlackThornn Nov 5th, 2002 03:02 AM

1) You can't catch up to the ****sucker since he's in a phoenix or sabre or whatever and the rockstar programmers have you in a sentinel.

2) It's pure luck. Be prepared to buy a new controller after you throw yours out the window a couple of times.

3) Send an email to rockstar asking them politely to take the programmer who lead the work on this mission and shoot him out behind the studio. He needs to be put out of his and the players' misery for future GTA endeavors.

4) ..I don't know what the hell you're thinking, Andi.. but apparently you haven't played this mission yet. You stop and get a fast car (if you can even find one) and this bastard will have you in the dust. Even in the official strat guide (finally opened it. *gasp!*) it says just keep your foot on the gas and HOPE he skids out or the cops slow him down.

Personally I'd like it if at the end of the race there were an option not even to hire him.. just take out a python and blow his neurotic head off.

"That's for giving me a damn Sentinel, prick."

Sleazy P Martini Nov 5th, 2002 07:23 AM

The Driver has got to be one of the most frustrating missions ever. I've yet to beat it (10 tries and counting). I almost had him once, he skidded out really bad on one of the turns giving me a nice lead. All was going smoothly until just before the one of the last checkpoints, three cops rammed me and flipped my car :frust: ......and yes Blackthornn....my controller took abuse after that :laugh:

dan da man Nov 5th, 2002 02:24 PM

is this a normal mission or a phone mission i get the game on friday so im not looking forward to this mission by the sounds of it

MADRUCKIS Nov 5th, 2002 04:51 PM

It's awhile into the game

When you buy the Malibu Club

And yeah Andi, obviousley you didn't play this mission. You can't get a new car or shoot the guy cause his car is indestructible

I tried finding the route and waiting at a turn with a car roadblock and a rocket launcher for his chump ass. The dude went threw the roadblock and I couldn't blow him up.........WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I can't beat this board and I have no more misssions left accept to continue with this

blaquetruck Nov 5th, 2002 05:27 PM

Well, I guess I was one of the lucky ones on this mission...first try. Right after I hit the certain checkpoint which puts the police on your ass for street racing, I was probably one and a half car lengths behind Hilary. Two checkpoints later, a cop came flying from the side slamming into hilary, causing both cars to slide in different directions, while I just went between the wrecks...Hilary never caught back up.

Go team...

Oh, and I'm 56% done, but I'm pretty much out of stuff to do, minus the hidden packages, Pizza boy missions and street races.:peoples:

Sleazy P Martini Nov 5th, 2002 05:38 PM

Yeah!! I beat that bastard! In the next mission, I shot him in the head. :laugh:

dan da man Nov 5th, 2002 05:38 PM

the missions u do 4 ppl how much percant of the game does that take up?

merylsilverburg Nov 5th, 2002 07:29 PM

Yeah, this mission was really a b*tch, took me about 20 times to finally pass it. But, like BlackThornn said, it really depends on your luck, but the best strategy I found was: just as Hilary is ready to turn, run into him to push him off course, then use him to skid into the path you're suppose to go.

BlackThornn Nov 5th, 2002 10:04 PM

Bwahaha! Me too Sleazy. :laugh:

The key I found was on the first turn of the race, try and clip his left side to make him skid out.. then rely on your driving skills and don't skid out yourself. With a stroke of luck you'll get through it. :D

Richg67 Nov 6th, 2002 05:06 PM

A Friend of mine was doing an easy mission over and over again and couldn't beat it. The problem was he kept doing it the one way he thought would work. I showed him a different way and he was like...awwwww man!!

and I was like...duh!

Moral of the story is: If at first you don't suceed...do it DIFFERENT.

MADRUCKIS Nov 6th, 2002 06:07 PM

Geeze

I'm over like 68% of the bloody game done-I just did a mission where I saw the credits and I've done practically every race and side mission-WHAT THE HELL-I swear I need to beat this thing!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, even Meryl beat this part and I'm behind...................................:laugh: joking