PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who's looking forward to Valentine's Day? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=409)

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 06:37 PM

Who's looking forward to Valentine's Day?

I know, it's a boring thread, but hey! Someone here's GOTTA be annoyed by this day! I know I am. I understand it's romantic and all that stuff but, personally, I think some people take it too far. Three years ago, on Valentine's Day, there was this couple that came in to the restaurant where I worked. Ugh. It was so disgustiing! They were all OVER each other! In public! I was thinking, why don't they just skip the food and GO HOME?! Get a room, for God's sake! I lost my appetite after seeing that.

Mercury Shadow Feb 12th, 2002 08:16 PM

It kind of saddens me because I see everyone with their boyfriends and girlfriends and reminds me of my old girlfriend that had to move :(

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 08:24 PM

I'm sorry, Mercury_Shadow. :( I've never been in a relationship (that's not the reason why I don't like Valentine's) but I understand your feelings though. I didn't mean to post this thread to make people feel sad. I just don't like Valentine's probably because of the couples who have someone, they like to rub it in our faces when the rest of us are all single! But, don't worry, Merc....someone might come along for you! Just wait and see! :)

IcyMourdor Feb 12th, 2002 08:25 PM

[COLOR=sky blue]Valentine's Day brings back a lot of memories. Heartache, self-pity, loney nights. I have experienced it all.

It's all right. This day isn't a problem. Too many women use it as an excuse to get their boyfriends and husbands to blow all their extra cash on them.[/COLOR]

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 08:29 PM

Ha, ha....that's very true! :D I know some girls who do that. Annoys the hell out of me! It's like.....get the item yourself! ;) Aahhh! Now I feel really bad for posting a thread like this! Gomen nasai, minna-san! You guys can kill me off now.

kamari-ice Feb 12th, 2002 09:36 PM

I am annoyed because I don't have nobody here in my state. {to be a valentine}.And sometimes you buy something for someone, and they say they got you something, but then they get down and say they forgot it and bring it the next day,but they ask for their stuff and never bring what they bought you.This didn't happen to me.

Mercury Shadow Feb 12th, 2002 09:40 PM

Thanks for the positive input meryl :) It just isnt too promising in a world full of preppie guys. I'm a metalhead/gamer.. not too popular around the ladies! But, atleast I'm happy with what I do in life :)

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 09:41 PM

Yup, yup. I know what you mean! Though I never experienced that either, I had a friend who had a friend who had that same situation happen to her. Was that confusing? I hope not! But, yeah....Valentine's Day suck. Personally, I don't mind being single. I really hate listening to chicks who whine about this day when they have no one, then when they've got someone, it's like, "Omigod! This day is THE BEST!" Whatever.

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Thanks for the positive input meryl :) It just isnt too promising in a world full of preppie guys. I'm a metalhead/gamer.. not too popular around the ladies! But, atleast I'm happy with what I do in life :)
No problem, Merc! I'm just sorry that I said that before! I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem finding anyone! Maybe you should find someone who is not afraid of spiders, so they'll get it for you! I know I am! :D

kamari-ice Feb 12th, 2002 09:45 PM

I am not a prep or a hard metal guy.Just in the center probably, you get something and then you shut up.

Mercury Shadow Feb 12th, 2002 09:47 PM

hehehe, it's funny you mention that meryl! My girlfriend that I talked about who moved to North Carolina, she always killed spiders for me! It was like a match made in heaven! haha

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kamari-ice
I am not a prep or a hard metal guy.Just in the center probably, you get something and then you shut up.
I'm actually a weird girl. I dress like a guy but I also like pretty things. So, I guess I would say I'm in the middle too. Definitely do not like preps, but not so into the gothic thing. Creepy.

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 09:52 PM

Quote:

hehehe, it's funny you mention that meryl! My girlfriend that I talked about who moved to North Carolina, she always killed spiders for me! It was like a match made in heaven! haha
Ha, ha! That's funny! :D Well, it was a good thing you met her! As for me.....I'm probably going to be single all my life, so I guess I'll have to tough it out and close my eyes and WHAP! :D :D

Mercury Shadow Feb 12th, 2002 09:55 PM

Ahhh Meryl, you shouldn't have a bad outlook on life! If I lived in your town, I'd definitely want to hang out with you! Sometimes... I guess people's towns suck.

When you say you dress like a guy, how so?

jenova_jeb Feb 12th, 2002 09:56 PM

I'm more in the punk genre. I love punk clothes, punk music, and skateboarding. :D

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm hating the thought of VD. I think it's great seeing everyone so happy, and I'll be going to some parties and stuff, so it's all good :) .

Mercury Shadow Feb 12th, 2002 09:58 PM

I love skateboarding, only problem is I can't skate. My favorite skater is Rodney Mullen. Who's your favorite skater, jenova_jeb?

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 10:01 PM

Quote:

Ahhh Meryl, you shouldn't have a bad outlook on life! If I lived in your town, I'd definitely want to hang out with you! Sometimes... I guess people's towns suck.

When you say you dress like a guy, how so?

Thanks Merc! That's really sweet! :) The clothes I wear basically consist of men's cargo pants, men's t-shirts, sweaters, etc. But when I go out of town, I like to wear girl's clothes. That's probably strange, but my sister says that I look okay in guy's and girl's clothing, so I'm cool with it!

Mercury Shadow Feb 12th, 2002 10:04 PM

It's cool to wear guys' clothes, you should always be yourself, and thats what you're doing. I'm goin to bed, talk to ya later fellow aracnaphob :)

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2002 10:04 PM

Quote:

I love skateboarding, only problem is I can't skate. My favorite skater is Rodney Mullen. Who's your favorite skater, jenova_jeb?
How cool! I like skateboarding too, except, just like Mercury_Shadow, I can't skate!! I wanna learn but it seems like the boards are all too big on me! I have a pretty small frame and the boards look like surfboards against me! I guess I'll have to try a kid's!

jenova_jeb Feb 12th, 2002 10:43 PM

You're kidding me!? He's my favorite skater too. I love all of the insane flat land tricks he can do. He's insane! Very awesome. I can skate alright. I can't do any AWESOME tricks, but I can ollie pretty high, do heelflips, and ALMOST a varial kickflip. I'm pretty good at grinds too :D .