PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Full Spectrum Warrior (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6193)

MakgSnake May 31st, 2003 11:34 AM

Full Spectrum Warrior

Quote:

The US Army conducted a recent study in which they found that one of the top leisure-time activities for troops is playing video games. Not one to waste an opportunity to train its soldiers, the US Army quietly contracted Pandemic Studios three years ago to create a squad-based action game to teach and reinforce standard military tactics like suppressive fire and flanking maneuvers. The game had to be realistic yet easy to play, work on a console, and have AI intelligent enough that soldiers would act realistically, and independently, according to Army doctrine. The result is a game called Full Spectrum Warrior that is being released on Xbox for the Army in July and late this year or early next year for the general public. THQ recently bought the retail rights to the game, and it will be adding in cutscenes and other polish to make it more suitable for public consumption.
The Source

It almost sounds unbelievable. This game would be amazing if it works out as well as it sounds. Wow. The game that will actually crush SOCOM into pieces. Do you think?.!

mark0™ May 31st, 2003 12:35 PM

Sounds like VR missions from Fox-Hound...

MakgSnake Jun 2nd, 2003 09:13 PM

Its sounds great to me, and the game looks even better then it sounds. This is one more title I am going to get. I am pretty sure it wont be TOO HARD for us gamers. Not a chance! :laugh:

FSW

Azuma_Ninja Jun 3rd, 2003 12:30 AM

I remember I bought a cheezy PC game back in the day calle NAM. It was supposed to teach soldiers about how the fighting in Vietnam was. Oh the game was pretty bad using the original duke nukem 3D engine. I remember reading a review of the game in some magazine and the caption was so funny it said something like I sure feel sorry for any soldier who has to sit down and play this game:laugh:

Edit* Sorry if this post isn't too on topic

Infernal Mass Jul 25th, 2003 10:44 AM

check out the trailer at gametrailers.com very impressive looking. It's going to be alot better than Ghost Recon i can tell already

dan da man Jul 25th, 2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeetleJuice

check out the trailer at gametrailers.com very impressive looking. It's going to be alot better than Ghost Recon i can tell already

You guessed spot on.:laugh: It will be alot better than any other releastic shooter.

MakgSnake Aug 12th, 2003 11:11 PM

The only thing I am worried about is...... I hope this game doesn't turn out to be another "SOCOM"..... which isn't that great of a game. I mean.......shooting games.....just handles well in First Person mode.

And I am just being honest that people who play SOCOM online have RUINED the freaking game. Its horrible. Instead of being an Online Stealth Game... it has become an Online Unreal in Third Person View.

I hope Full Spectrum Warrior turns out to be more then just a stealth shooter. And handles well.

dan da man Aug 13th, 2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

The only thing I am worried about is...... I hope this game doesn't turn out to be another "SOCOM"..... which isn't that great of a game. I mean.......shooting games.....just handles well in First Person mode.

And I am just being honest that people who play SOCOM online have RUINED the freaking game. Its horrible. Instead of being an Online Stealth Game... it has become an Online Unreal in Third Person View.

I hope Full Spectrum Warrior turns out to be more then just a stealth shooter. And handles well.

Dont worry it cant, YOU dont even shoot in this game, its like Command and Conquer, strategy, you just pin point your soldiers and a lot more of of course.