PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   twin snakes " might " be coming to the ps2 after all (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7435)

Vic Viper Apr 13th, 2004 02:42 PM

twin snakes " might " be coming to the ps2 after all

Quote:

Silicon Knights and Nintendo Part
Developer of Eternal Darkness to create software for different consoles in the future.

April 13, 2004 - IGN today learned that Canada-based development studio Silicon Knights has ended its second-party status with Nintendo Co. Ltd. The company will effective immediately be allowed to develop software for multiple consoles including Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation platforms.

Though no official reason was given for the decision, IGN speculates that the philosophies of the two companies did not mesh. Silicon Knights has always been a very content-driven studio with strong beliefs in the elements of game creation including content, artistry, sound, and technology. Nintendo has recently downplayed the role of technology in game creation and has been known to de-emphasize compelling story, graphics and sound in favor of classic play mechanics.

"Silicon Knights and Nintendo have agreed to mutually part ways," Silicon Knights' president Denis Dyack told IGN.

"Nintendo and Silicon Knights have reached an agreement allowing Silicon Knights to pursue its vision of videogame entertainment with other companies," said a Nintendo of America spokesperson. "Nintendo respects the creative work of Silicon Knights and the parties have left the door open to work on future projects that meet the creative vision of both companies."

Asked if today's news meant Silicon Knights would not continue to develop for Nintendo platforms, Denis Dyack said: "No it doesn't. It's possible that we may do another game with Nintendo, actually. It just means that we've decided to break our exclusivity with Nintendo."

Dyack confirmed that Silicon Knights is now fully able to develop for competing consoles as well.

An official announcement from Nintendo is expected in the coming weeks.
wow, another big blow to NINTENDO.

ssjtrunks13 Apr 13th, 2004 04:44 PM

If it did it would save me from 2 things, trying to find the original or buying a GameCube.

Uchiha Sasuke May 1st, 2004 12:01 PM

I highly doubt the idea of it coming to ps2. Konami and Nintendo both agreed that it would remain a system exclusive.

Hyuuga Neji May 6th, 2004 05:48 PM

Man i wish that they would release it for xbox or ps2 because i really don't want to purchase a gamecube, but after seeing the game at sasuke's place i just might have too....

Uchiha Sasuke May 7th, 2004 11:23 AM

Personally theres a lot of good titles for the cube, too bad none of them are really online unless you consider warpipe. But when Resident Evil 4 comes out there will be another reason to own the system.

Hyuuga Neji May 7th, 2004 12:24 PM

Sasuke when is RE4 supposed to be released? I might get it for the online part of it.

Uchiha Sasuke May 8th, 2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
Sasuke when is RE4 supposed to be released? I might get it for the online part of it.

Thats Resident Evil Outbreak and its for ps2. Plus its available.