PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Gameboy System (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5442)

rpgKing Feb 14th, 2003 12:28 PM

New Gameboy System

Has anyone seen the Sweet new gameboy system coming out. Its going to be awsome. I hope it plays gba games though. its suppose to have an automatic lite in it too. How cool is that. Has anyone heard this or seen this yet.

mark0™ Feb 14th, 2003 12:33 PM

Its called the GBA SP I think

theres a thread on it already... here

https://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/sho...1&pagenumber=1

rpgKing Feb 14th, 2003 01:12 PM

What thats freaking crazy:roll: . maybe I should just stick with gba. Thanks for the tip Goodman;)

dan da man Feb 14th, 2003 02:33 PM

I was going to get the SP until goodman pointed out that it is more expensive than the gamecube, thats crazy.

RobHardo Feb 18th, 2003 12:54 PM

yeah i cant wait man its gunna be great

ssjtrunks13 Feb 18th, 2003 04:36 PM

How much does the Gamecube cost?

dan da man Feb 18th, 2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

How much does the Gamecube cost?

To you, 99$ with a free game.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 18th, 2003 05:25 PM

I thought it was more. Is $99 the new price for it or is it just for a limited time?

DSgamer Feb 18th, 2003 07:58 PM

99 !!!!!!???? i just saw da comercial on TV it said "get a gamecube for 149.99 and get one of these great new titles for free" i havent read n e thing about it beign 99, although i did read a rumor on ign.com that it was going 2 b 99 after E3

ssjtrunks13 Feb 18th, 2003 09:02 PM

Well, if it is lowered to only $99 then yay, but if not that's cool too. I know it looks to be a rumor.

DSgamer Feb 19th, 2003 12:25 AM

dude, if GC goes cheap, ill buy one for no reason

Spank-A-Thon Feb 19th, 2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dan da man

I was going to get the SP until goodman pointed out that it is more expensive than the gamecube, thats crazy.
Dan, the GBA SP in the UK will be £90 - I checked with my local Game store.

- S

dan da man Feb 19th, 2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

Dan, the GBA SP in the UK will be £90 - I checked with my local Game store.

- S
ohh..that cool.

the 99$ deal with a free game is no rumour.:peoples:

Vicious_2003 Feb 20th, 2003 02:35 PM

The gamecube is 149.99 with a free game. So really considering the game is a 49.95 value your only paying 99 dollars got the cube itself. Ofcourse you only get to choose from 4 games but the games you have no choose form are pretty good, id buy one of them atleast if not two if I got a gamecube. Id get RE 0 and Metroid Prime.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 20th, 2003 04:19 PM

I just hope by the time I have the money to get one it doesn't disappear.:laugh:

dan da man Feb 21st, 2003 05:15 AM

Oh sorry guy's...just that I saw a pop up on IGN with some deal with the gamecube. Still a good deal.:)

MakgSnake Feb 25th, 2003 11:44 PM

I seriously cannot wait for GBA SP...... I would get these games with this handheld system.

1.) Metroid Fusion
2.) Castlevania (The recent one)
3.) Street Fighter Alpha
4.) Super Mario Advance 1

And later I'll get more, but for the time being I think I'll be cool with these.

Oh yeah GBA right now is giving "Golden Sun" or "Pokeman Crystal Version" for free.... its a new bundle pack.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 26th, 2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

Oh yeah GBA right now is giving "Golden Sun" or "Pokeman Crystal Version" for free.... its a new bundle pack.[/color]
Do you know how long this is going on? and could you let me know of somewhere I can get more information on this. I'd really appreciate it.

dan da man Feb 26th, 2003 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by goodman

So your willing to spend about $170 for a handheld gaming console, Makg? Seriously makes me question why, seeing if you already have a GBA there is no reason to own anything else... So you can have a backlit screen? Buy a flashlight, its much cheaper...

Makg might just be a hardcore gamer, so he's willing to spend that amount of money on games.

MakgSnake Feb 26th, 2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by goodman

So your willing to spend about $170 for a handheld gaming console, Makg? Seriously makes me question why, seeing if you already have a GBA there is no reason to own anything else... So you can have a backlit screen? Buy a flashlight, its much cheaper...
I know you are right as well, buying the previous GBA and then getting a light is much cheaper and its just a handheld, but I just wanna have it......... I have never bought a GameBoy before.... and now that I am planning to.........I just want the best one in the market. We still do go on trips to Chicago and NewYork by car.... it would be awesome for that..... and lunch breaks would be fun too now.

I never really wanted to buy Xbox you know....... But after purchasing GameCube it hit me that I should own all the three systems just for the heck of it and the only "system" I dont have is GameBoy. Well I do play all three systems alot..... and I mean alot (On a holiday I am up till 8 am playing various games). So SP would help me out in alot of things..... to me its a new high tech gadget that can do wonders. And that Street Fighter Alpha looks Amazing on that little devil! :D

And Ssj.... I tried to look at different sites, but none of them are talking about the new Bundle Option GameBoyAdvance is giving. May be its not a great one, still I think Golden Sun is one of the best RPGs on GameBoyA. The game itself costs $49.99 (Canadian). You are saving $39.99 dollars on that. And I think the Bundle offer started because alot of people knows that GBASP is coming so nobody is buying this GBA now. So to still sell them away they started this bundle which I think would end till the release of SP (Or would go for even longer). Hope all that helps.
:)