PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Final Fantasy XII (The Official Thread) (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9272)

Frozen Nov 15th, 2006 11:54 AM

Although this game has the signature environment of all its predecessors (mixed future with ancient times), the characters' and people's culture, mannerisms and speech could be described as old english, think of Braveheart or something like that.

I am satisfied with most of the voice acting so far, Basch, Balthier, Fran and Ashe have very fitting voices to their demeanors, Vayne does sound like a politician.

Although Vaan reminds me of Tidus every time he opens his mouth.

merylsilverburg Nov 16th, 2006 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen
Although this game has the signature environment of all its predecessors (mixed future with ancient times), the characters' and people's culture, mannerisms and speech could be described as old english, think of Braveheart or something like that.

That's good; it's nice to know they took the time to use quality voice acting for the environment/time period. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen
Although Vaan reminds me of Tidus every time he opens his mouth.

This, however, is not so good. :heh:

kamari-ice Jan 4th, 2007 03:55 PM

I absolutely love FFXII. It's probably the best Final Fantasy game that I have ever played before (I only played FFVIII through FFXII though). The NPC's, the people that you can talk to on the streets, in the markets, or anywheres on your journey, are quite fantastic. I love the idea of making it feel like an MMORPG, but not making it that way. It was their first attempt at that, and Square-Enix did a fantastic job on it.

I'm currently 39 hours into the game, and have not finished it yet, but I will soon, hopefully. :D So far, the character that I love the most is Balthier, although I haven't used in him in battle in forever, because I like to use Vaan, Basch, and Ashe as my party leaders. LOL, Balthier, Fran, and Penelo are close to like Level 10, while Vaan, Basch, and Ashe are Level 40.

It's a great game, and will keep me busy until I buy Resistance: Fall of Man for my newly bought PS3.

Sleazy P Martini Jan 4th, 2007 11:01 PM

I just put my 40th hour into this game.....Leveling. I played a bit (up to where Fran and Balthier leave) and then re-started. The only thing I've done in my new game is the "hunt" to get access outside of Rabanastre. I'm at lv 38 and have just a few black magic licences to get. Once I have that board complete I will actually start the game. I want to be super tough so I can play with only one or two characters if I wish to.

Pu the Owl Jan 7th, 2007 12:45 PM

I love Balthier and Fran. They're the best. If you look at them from a distance, Fran seems a scary tranvestite and Balthier's movements are those of one of the Village People - ever seen him casting Cure? But I really love them. They're weird and all, and they're a little too similar in many ways to Han Solo and Chewbacca, but they're the cool couple of the game.

Sleazy P Martini Jan 14th, 2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panuru
hey're a little too similar in many ways to Han Solo and Chewbacca

I never noticed.....but it's true! :lmao:

Carlito Jan 20th, 2007 12:18 AM

Chewbacca is sexier :lmao:

amarant_coral Nov 1st, 2007 07:00 AM

Get comfortable - this may take some time...

*coff*

FFXII took FAR too long to be released. I promised myself I wasn't going to by into FFXI because (a) it's a money-spinning scheme, and (b) all the races are terribly, terribly dull. Because of this (and also due to the fact that the only game they had supplied purist PS2 users was FFX-2 (which almost completely killed the plot of FFX (which is not to say it's a bad game (I'm using too many brackets)))) by the time I got XII into the console I was gnawing my limbs off.
Technically, the game seems to play as a kind of grown-up Kingdom Hearts, and seeing as I like KH that, in my opinion, is a good thing. The Gambit system is good (if a little disconcerting to begin with), and the nigh-on infinite possibilities for character customisation is a very good idea. Okay, so maybe the whole Esper system sucks, but I can forgive them for that...
As for characters, I think I like most people - except, strangely, Ashe, who I think is just a teensy bit grating with her pseudo-English accent and her backwards way of looking at things.
I think I ended up taking about 120 hours to finish the game, and I still hadn't done everything I wanted to.

In a word: :love: