PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   RPG Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What was your first RPG? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5167)

tha16thletter Jan 16th, 2003 12:53 PM

What was your first RPG?

I was reading the thread about how many RPG's do you own and it made me think... what was the first RPG I ever played? I guess if you count action-rpg's, it would be a Link to the Past. I was only 5 or so, didn't really understand it but I remember playing a lot with my uncle. Never beat it, but that was my first taste...

If you dont count that as one, then we can move onto Shining Force. I looooove this game, got it on Emulator right now as we speak. I had the absolute best idea for a console ever, the Sega Channel, because my mom works for TWC and got it for free, and it opened my eyes to the wonderful world or RPGs. Never beat it, but I am at the last boss right now, just gotta get the ballz to finish it off...

If you dont count THAT game, my first traditional RPG was PSIV, also one I played on the Sega Channel. This just sent my love for RPGs moving rapidly, til it all culminated with my first actually role playing purchace, FFVII. Havent stopped playing them since :)

So now that you all know my story, tell me yours, the question is: What was your first RPG? oh and please, do ellaborate to keep me entertained ;)
[]D

ssjtrunks13 Jan 16th, 2003 04:48 PM

Re: What was your first RPG?

Quote:

Originally posted by tha16thletter

I was reading the thread about how many RPG's do you own and it made me think... what was the first RPG I ever played? I guess if you count action-rpg's, it would be a Link to the Past. I was only 5 or so, didn't really understand it but I remember playing a lot with my uncle. Never beat it, but that was my first taste...
I count Link to the Past as one as that was the first one I played and beat. Here's a funny story:

Fist time I played LTTP I had rented it. Then I think the summer of the year after that I had wnet to the b-day party of someone I knew and my mom had got a couples of games for his SNES and they were LTTP and some stupid simpson's game. I was jealous. Then years later when i and my brother had our b-day our mom had us a collective present. We had told her we wanted LTTP but she had got the NES Zelda I was really upset, the worst part was it wouldn't even save. SO, about a year or two later I had finally got LTTP along with the guide a few months later. And that was my long journey in getting LTTP.(this happened a long time ago so I might have forgotten the exact details)

Sword 4 Hire Jan 16th, 2003 05:09 PM

The first rpg I played was VII

tha16thletter Jan 16th, 2003 05:16 PM

haha.. I'm guessin that she got it on accident? That's a shame :p Atleast you got to experience it eventually ya kno? Great game, I need to find it again so I can finish it... funny how all of my first RPG's I never finished, must have been my simple mind
[]D

ssjtrunks13 Jan 16th, 2003 05:21 PM

Yes she thought we wanted the NES one. Oh, I forgot to mention I wasn't able to finish the original NES Zelda until about a year ago when I could play without having to shut off the system.

You didn't finish it? It turns out great, if you have a GBA you can get it for that system instead of the original SNES.

Plug 4 Jan 16th, 2003 05:53 PM

i have to say secret of mana and link to the past but
FFVII was really the first rpg that made me realize how good it is to play a rpg

DragonSphere Jan 16th, 2003 06:23 PM

I think it was FFIV (FFII in english) that got me into the RPG genre.

DSgamer Jan 16th, 2003 06:23 PM

dude, i did this same thread a while ago

https://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/sho...ight=first+rpg

ssjtrunks13 Jan 16th, 2003 06:41 PM

DOn't mean to be rude it says the first RPG that got you hooked, which may not be someone's first ever!

tha16thletter Jan 16th, 2003 08:40 PM

I havent been here that long ;) and SS does make a valid point, A Link to the Past wasnt the RPG that got me totally hooked and buying them, although it was my first RPG... so yea, just chill and enjoy ya kno :phew:
[]D

Nelo Angelo Jan 16th, 2003 08:44 PM

I think mines was either FFI, Super Mario: Legend of the Seven Stars, or FFIII.

tha16thletter Jan 16th, 2003 08:56 PM

Its funny how you can pretty much instantly tell who the older people on the boards are ;)
[]D

Plug 4 Jan 16th, 2003 11:01 PM

Quote:

Its funny how you can pretty much instantly tell who the older people on the boards are ;)
[]D
haha true...i think that way too

Nelo Angelo Jan 16th, 2003 11:04 PM

Quote:

[]D
So...........14 is an old age? ;)

tha16thletter Jan 17th, 2003 01:09 AM

*whipes the salt off* well.... my theory got shot out the damn sky :laugh: So much for my assuming skills....

Um.... yea. My current RPG right now is Suikoden III, shame I haven't beaten that yet.. I havent been playin many RPG's at all, or any game for that matter lately... I'm finally getting a life... *sighs*
[]D

DSgamer Jan 17th, 2003 01:37 AM

sorry if I was rude.
btw, I just realised that pokemon blue wasn't my first rpg, it was actually mario rpg

IcyMourdor Jan 17th, 2003 08:40 AM

First RPG huh?

Way back when, before gaming industries began thinking 16-bit. Enix created probably one of the most popular series around. Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior in the US) was created. The first DQ game came to me about the same time I go FF1, but just a little before. I was only 5 years old.

Twelve years later, i'm still playing game after game in these series and I'm still loving it.

ssjtrunks13 Jan 17th, 2003 04:17 PM

Ever since it came out I have always wanted to get Mario: Legend of the 7 Stars. Unfortunately, I still don't have a life.

mark0™ Jan 17th, 2003 08:25 PM

Mines was some weird Medievel Game for the Sega Mega-Drive which was given to me by some guy my dad knew. I had no friggen Idea what was going on (I was young though) and I think I just ditched it. But the first RPG I played, enjoyed and understood was FFVII, even though I never completed it (But iv'e rumaged it bag from the dead and am gonna complete it soon :) )

Beretta55 Jan 17th, 2003 09:10 PM

Mine was final fantasy 7. i wasnt a huge rpg back in the day but FF7 is the reason why i play rpg's now.