PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Advent Children Release Date (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=8471)

Lost_myth Mar 14th, 2005 03:38 PM

Advent Children Release Date

Is advent Children being released today?

kamari-ice Mar 14th, 2005 04:57 PM

If it is, it is very top secret.

The last I heard was 2005, and not a specific date. SE is also packed to the max with releasing games this year, it might not see the light of 2005.

IcyMourdor Mar 15th, 2005 12:08 AM

I'm sorry, but KI is correct. Last I heard, there is a 4th quarter release date for this movie. Look for it around Thanksgiving time.

Lost_myth Mar 17th, 2005 02:03 PM

Oh, man that makes me soo angry. I've been wanting a FVII movie since the seventh grade. I am so tired of waiting for it.

kupoartist May 23rd, 2005 11:36 AM

Just an update on this to add that the Trailer released at this years E3 (I suggest you go searching for it) revealed that the release dates for Advent Children are:

13 September: US
14 September: Japan

I'm not entirely sure whether this is a Cinema and or DVD release though. At least it's one or the other... unless you're European in which case you stink of Frog-legs and don't deserve a release date with your Tea and Rissotto. Or Something.

Lost_myth Sep 12th, 2005 11:46 AM

apparently they pushed it back to december

Phenom Sep 12th, 2005 12:22 PM

So will this be coming straight to DVD, or will it be going to the theatres?

Vic Viper Sep 12th, 2005 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp
So will this be coming straight to DVD, or will it be going to the theatres?

straight to DVD and UMD..

---
kupoedit: upon consultation with Harry, the later part of this post has been removed and all similar posts will be censored. Sorry for hardlining on this issue - no-one is in trouble by any means - but we just feel that this kind of thing should not be discussed here. Sorry for mutiliating your post, Vic!

TtTackler Sep 13th, 2005 01:58 AM

US release pushed back to January.

I just got finished watching it like 10 minutes ago. Wow. Heavy metal version of One Winged Angel...to die for. Just wow.

Frozen Jul 4th, 2006 03:11 AM

So, I haven't heard any reviews or opinions about this movie. WTF? I expected a super-hyped thread about it lol

Finally, we got us a TRUE Final Fantasy movie, not a Sci-Fi, computer generated movie bearing the title of "Final Fantasy"

Like TtTackler said, the Heavy Metal version of One Winged Angel is to die for...

Spoiler: show
And so is the fight scene between CLoud and Sephiroth...and Bahamut, and, and.

kupoartist Jul 4th, 2006 09:46 AM

Not a fan.

Frozen Jul 5th, 2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupoartist
Not a fan.

Of the movie, or FFVII in particular?

kupoartist Jul 5th, 2006 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen
Of the movie, or FFVII in particular?

Of the movie, partially because I'm a fan of the game, and partially because Advent Children is so mind-bogglingly shallow, cliched and dull. We wait that long for a sequel, and all it does is bring back all the characters the original killed and make up some flimsy excuse for a plot that can be introduced and concluded in the course of a film that solely involves CGI people jumping 50ft in the air and waving swords at each other. Yawn. This movie didn't advance any single aspect of Final Fantasy 7, except of course its status as Square's ultimate cash-cow.

Frozen Jul 11th, 2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupoartist
Of the movie, partially because I'm a fan of the game, and partially because Advent Children is so mind-bogglingly shallow, cliched and dull. We wait that long for a sequel, and all it does is bring back all the characters the original killed and make up some flimsy excuse for a plot that can be introduced and concluded in the course of a film that solely involves CGI people jumping 50ft in the air and waving swords at each other. Yawn. This movie didn't advance any single aspect of Final Fantasy 7, except of course its status as Square's ultimate cash-cow.

I disagree about the "Yawn"; I love action sequences involving CGI people jumping 50ft in the air and waving swords at each other, which was something that you constantly did in the game among magics and summons. But I admit, I know that the movie was targeted mainly to the shallow audience that I belong to: we love sparks and loud noises and bad-ass stances. That is why it is Square's ultimate cash-cow, they are smart and know about how to make money. I can't wait to get Dirge of Cerberus.

I did expect much more from the plot, on that I am with you, although I am not sure what could have come out as continuation from something as climatic as the end of FFVII, you tell me. Also keep in mind that the game managed a plot that was to be contained in a book, again, it is like expecting a movie to be exaclty the same way the book was written, you are prone to disappointment if you set your expectations that unrealisticly high.