PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lamest villain (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=1400)

happy_doughnut May 3rd, 2002 12:07 AM

Lamest villain

Who, in your opinion, is the Lamest FF villain ever?? I mean sure, we've done threads about the coolest one and what not but now it's time to pick the worst. For me it's easy. I have to say Palmer from FF7...that guy just sucks.

IcyMourdor May 3rd, 2002 07:24 AM

Heidegger and Scarlet w/ Proud Clod

The say its anti-WEAPON armor and has so much power. If so, a small guy with a big sword and two others SHOULDN'T have a chance against it. I liked the little break of fighting him because he was way too easy.

Sleazy P Martini May 3rd, 2002 07:24 AM

I found Palmer funny. I thought Zorn and Thorn were pretty lame.

BlackThornn May 3rd, 2002 12:21 PM

Lamest FF villian ever... hmm.. I'd have to say (out of the FF games I have played) that would have to be Biggs and Wedge (FFVIII) They were lame in a good way, though. Weak, but f******g hilarious. "Lame" villians because you ended up liking them.

Palmer was just an ass... he was a good villian because you really wanted to see his brown suited arse dead. :evil:

Macceh^ May 3rd, 2002 03:53 PM

zorn and thorn just pissed me off to no end allthough it was good that they did as it made the player want to destory them more :)

Sword 4 Hire May 3rd, 2002 05:12 PM

I really did not like Kuja from IX...he looked too much like a pansy with his feather inhis hair and his belly shirt...I mean c'mon!

Miki May 3rd, 2002 06:19 PM

Seifer was pretty lame. I was expecting something more from him, considering he was the main rival of Squall. Not to mention Adel from the same game...

happy_doughnut May 3rd, 2002 09:19 PM

*gasps* How can you say that!! Seifer is one of the best villains ever! He's strong, powerful, evil and not to mention cute!

Heh, yeah Plamer was funny in a way but I thought he was kinda gay :peoples:

Sword 4 Hire May 3rd, 2002 09:29 PM

Seifer is the man!!! My favorite FF character (not including the almighty Auron) When it comes to sheer coolness...Seifer leads the pack.

**Mena knows what she's talking about lol :laugh: **

Rei May 4th, 2002 08:56 AM

Yeah, Adel was lame! Probably the lamest together with Necron :P

ChronoSquall May 4th, 2002 11:49 AM

Ultimacia sucked chunks out a monkeys arse!. She didn't even show up till the very end and you didn't even know about her till 3 quarters through the game :P I think the writers suddenly realised that they needed a villain and got off the sappy love story just in time to make one, and unfortunatly it was a sucky one.

Hadoken May 4th, 2002 12:32 PM

what? i thought ultimecia was pretty good.
the main objective the characters had was to defeat the sorceress. the only thing was that there were more than one.

jenova_jeb May 4th, 2002 02:30 PM

Necron was completely stupid.

kupoartist May 4th, 2002 02:56 PM

Exdeath. Theres somthing so unsettling about finding that you worst enemy is a tree.

Ultimetica was actually hard, but she felt like a villan they lashed onto the end when the storywitters discovered that they'd run out of sorceress to kill. Neocron was a little bit pointless, but it did at least serve its purpose in my eyes : It was the reason why Kuja went mad. And Kuja himself is probably my fave FF villan of all time. You have to wonder if the harshness of the reality that neocron existed, necessitated all that elaborate dressing... but hey the probably weren't any psichiatrists on Gaia or Terra....

Edit : there probably weren't spell checkers either ^_^ (corrected psichiatrists to the best of my ability...)

Rei May 4th, 2002 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist
but hey the probably weren't any pshiichiatrists on Gaia or Terra....
ROFL :laugh: I think you're completely right! Maybe Squaresoft workers need the help of a psichiatrist too when they're developing FF games!

kupoartist May 4th, 2002 03:50 PM

hehe yeah, but I guess its all just a western viewpoint on some of the stuff they put in. a lot of the stuff we find hilarious or ridiculous is quite accpetable from where it was made (personally I just see this kind of thing as quaint and quite cute in a way.), so the only thing the FF makers really need councilling on is stress : A game a year is a pretty Hectic schedule if you ask me ^_^

Rei May 4th, 2002 03:52 PM

If you ask me, this is off-topic, I find Sephiroth more cheesy than Kuja himself. Kuja style was pretty good. He's a very good villain, but the way they mix together different villains in the same game, well, it ain't always so good...

Mana May 5th, 2002 08:01 AM

I didn't like Necron either. I found it pointless if compared to the other FF villains.

Kuja May 9th, 2002 05:50 PM

For me, it's probably Necron. He has NOTHING to do with Final Fantasy IX, but he comes in and becomes the last boss, in a span of a good 5 minutes. Worthless. They should have made it more Kuja, and just made him go into something or become something. Would have been more interesting

Note: Kuja would have been a way better villian if he didn't wear a thong and a navel shirt...

Carlito May 9th, 2002 09:07 PM

I think Kuja's design is pretty cool. While I agree when you say Necron wasn't exactly the best idea they put in FFIX...