PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sports (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=1216)

Bhcdarkness Apr 16th, 2002 08:28 PM

Sports

anyone here really into any sports? id like to say im pretty well rounded in the sports department. but in truth im lacking knowledge of alot of sports.

i was dedicated to soccer a while back. i played on a travel team and we were a force to be reckoned with. we placed in the top 4 at Florida State Championships 3 years in a row.

now that ive fallen out of the soccer clique, ive picked up on Crew. its really great, and if i keep my grades where they are (3.7 Cum GPA weighted) and im a good rower, it can really take me far. and ive always had a competitive spirit, not only against others, but most importantly against myself.

well enough about me. what sports are you guys into and/or involved in?

IcyMourdor Apr 16th, 2002 08:53 PM

I am always watching or playing sports. As a matter of fact, I'm watching a baseball game right now.

I played varsity football for me school. I had fun playing the game with a bunch of friends, but our team sucked this year. We went 0-9.

My TV is usually stuck on ESPN, watching games or getting scores.

happy_doughnut Apr 16th, 2002 11:21 PM

I like to watch em. Some can be really fun!
I'm currently the captain of my soccer team at school. I've played as right froward most of the time but lately the team has been getting worse and worse and worse so now I play as mid. I like it too but I find it harder.
I really LOVE soccer and can't wait fot the W.C. Italy is gonna kick major butt this year!!
As sad as it is though, I will be leaving my school soon and my team along with it. :weep:
I also like to play volleyball and softball. Is handball a sport? If so...I love it and if not, I still love it! That and flag football! Woo-hoo!

007_JamesBond Apr 17th, 2002 11:31 AM

I play all sorts of sports but just for fun, I dont like all the rules that we have to fallow all the time

JC Denton Apr 17th, 2002 02:08 PM

i play tennis every week, and like playing football(soccer), table tennis, basket ball ect.

kupoartist Apr 17th, 2002 02:25 PM

I'm ok with sports, but I love hockey, which I play a lot. I even have a £100 Kevlar stick which makes a horrible rattling sound everytime I hit the ball. If im honest though, I'm not terribly great at It all :happy:

Uchiha Sasuke Apr 17th, 2002 03:47 PM

I'm pretty even with all sports.Im really good at sports like Baseball, football, and basketball as for others im good but dont enjoy them as much.

Sword 4 Hire Apr 17th, 2002 05:09 PM

Videogames are my sport

I like playing basketball with my friends and I'm workin out gettin ready for football, other than that I'm a bum lol

Bhcdarkness Apr 17th, 2002 08:00 PM

i also forgot to mention that i LOVE hacky-sac... me and my friends at school are getting really good at it. its alot of fun.

x157anz Apr 18th, 2002 03:44 PM

I play loads of differant sports with my friends depending on , what we feel like playing.
At the moment we all play basketball and football. :P

Reid Apr 18th, 2002 10:12 PM

I'm not a big fan of team sports, but I do like rugby and sometimes hockey. I don't like a lot of people's obsessions with winning (at least in high school). It just seems to put a damper on having fun.

My favourite sports are tennis, rollarblading, swimming, hackey sack, and occasionally skating too.

Infernal Mass Apr 18th, 2002 11:43 PM

soccer,football and shotokan..well shotokan right now football and soccer conditioning begins in a few months.I try to keep a stable equalibrium between gaming and sports...not to stay fit but because there is a long history of diabeties in my family and i must keep active so i don't catch the deadly bug. XD

DragonSphere Apr 19th, 2002 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

I'm workin out gettin ready for football

Me as well, for high school. But I won't really train hard until the summer time.

Other than football though, I also like playing basketball with my friends.

happy_doughnut Apr 19th, 2002 12:27 AM

How come almost every guy I know plays football?? I don't even get it...man, it's all about SOCCER!

IcyMourdor Apr 19th, 2002 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mena
How come almost every guy I know plays football?? I don't even get it...man, it's all about SOCCER!
Football (American) is the best sport ever made. Since the late great Vince Lombardi to Brett Favre and Warren Sapp. This sport is very fun to play and it isn't one of those pansy sports. Gotta be tough to play and you know if you are or not if you don't have to get up from the ground. It's fun to play and watch. I know I'll never forget playing football for my high school. Good times.

Qjij_jijQ Apr 19th, 2002 06:20 PM

Well, let's see... I like hockey a lot, I like swimming, football, soccer and I kinda enjoy basketball... sometimes. I'm not really much of a "team player" though.

One of the thing I like to do most is body building. Of course, not as crazy as some people, but I like the feelin'... I simply have to train every day or I don't feel "complete". I'm not actually a really big guy, but I'm still pretty good for my size.

I manage to do about 220 push-ups in an angle ( my feet are on somethin' ) and I get better and better every day... That's what I like about it. There's almost no limit to what I could do.
:laugh:

Hylas Apr 21st, 2002 05:29 AM

I was into martial arts some time ago. I also won some tournaments, but then I had to give up because of study.
It required too much time and I had not enough time for myself, for other hobbies and for school :weep:

Bhcdarkness Apr 23rd, 2002 08:33 PM

ill give it to mena... it is all about soccer. its like the only sport in the world that like EVERY country plays on a professional... and its a sport that americans dont dominate in the Olympics (hockey too).. i LOVE to watch World Cup soccer... its so great.

HOLLAND SOCCER NEEDS A WORLD CUP WIN!!!! (They are the best team that hasnt won a world cup. they always finish in the top 4 or 5, but never 1st)

Killuminati Apr 23rd, 2002 08:56 PM

Ilove Basketball........one of the best players among Grade9-10....every tournament i've been to in the past year i've been MVP. i got like 18.2 PPG(points per game) for our High School season......which is really good consdierin the games are really low scoring. 6.3 APG(assists per game) and 4.9 RPG(rebounds per game). my coach calculated it all for me. Hockey im also good at...same with Football