PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ninja Gaiden!! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7319)

Daedaelus Feb 29th, 2004 11:17 PM

Ninja Gaiden!!

I just read the IGN-XBox review of the game (9.4, BTW). I don't have much to say, except that I cannot wait for this game to come out. March 2 is so close, I can smell the glittering plastic shrink wrap on the box...

I've played a demo CD I got from a friend, and Team Ninja was kind enough to provide us with an entire level and a boss fight! Awesome! One thing I liked, NG is not your average button-masher Ninja game. The combos must be done with some finesse and a good knowledge of the controls.

Beretta55 Mar 1st, 2004 12:21 AM

I have this game on reserve....only a day to go i cant wait! :D

Infernal Mass Mar 1st, 2004 01:29 AM

i got a chance to play thru the demo last night. Ninja Gaiden plays as good as it looks..lots of influence from DMC. Especially the menu's and it's user interface..

the game is due to ship out on the 2nd ,which means i should have my copy by the 3rd. in the meantime i'm playing DOA3 and DOAX.

Beretta55 Mar 3rd, 2004 05:06 PM

I picked up my copy of ninja gaiden today :D im loving it and still love the first level i played in the demo over and over. But i have encountered a problem. at first the game takes awhile to load which is really no big deal but it keeps doing a loading sound while im in gameplay. it stopped now but i dont know if its my xbox or something.....got me pretty paranoid:peoples:

Dactrius Mar 3rd, 2004 06:03 PM

Beretta my XBox does that when I'm playing certain games. It's no big deal as far as I can see, it's just streaming a lot of data from the disc, more so than most other games need to do.

I was in my local GAME today and there was no sign of NG so I assume we Brits aren't getting it any time soon. Shame as well, since it looks pretty badass.

Beretta55 Mar 3rd, 2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dactrius

Beretta my XBox does that when I'm playing certain games. It's no big deal as far as I can see, it's just streaming a lot of data from the disc, more so than most other games need to do.

I was in my local GAME today and there was no sign of NG so I assume we Brits aren't getting it any time soon. Shame as well, since it looks pretty badass.
Thanks its good to see im not alone on that certain problem:laugh: But it stopped after i beat chapter 1 and im on 3 now, so my xbox is just running as it normally does;)

This game is one hell of an action game im playing on hard difficulty so its bumped up alot which means i get my ass kicked more:laugh:
Good game though i easily say its worth the 50 dollars.

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 4th, 2004 04:14 PM

Yeah this game rules, but its freakin hard. Controller throwing hard. Man the bosses are too bad ass. Trying to figure out there weakness is tough.

Beretta55 Mar 4th, 2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Il Palazzo

Yeah this game rules, but its freakin hard. Controller throwing hard. Man the bosses are too bad ass. Trying to figure out there weakness is tough.
What chapter are you on Palazzo? i have had this game since about yesterday afternoon and i've only made it to chapter 6. The games tough but fair (and unfair on a few points before some boss battles) but yeah im having a blast with this game:cool:

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 4th, 2004 09:47 PM

I just got it today and got to part 3 and fought the boss once, and he killed me. I'm going to take another try at it sometime.

Vicious_2003 Mar 7th, 2004 08:23 PM

I rented Gaiden a few days ago. After the first 5 chapters I was ready to give this game tons of praise. It was truly excellent up to THAT point. BUT. Ive reached a point that has me throwing controllers left and right. Im at a save where every time I load, 4 black Ninjas regenerate. So ive got to fight my way through tose guys...then 5 more black ninjas, then 3 more, then 3 regular gun soldiers, and then 3 or 4 of those giant red satan beasts things. All that with one small health, one large health and a butload of energy for my fire attack. How in the blue blazing hell is that even possible. The black ninjas alone are hard enough. All they do is have one or two confront me and one or 2 throw exploding ninja stars at me over and over and over and over and over again (Wich is incredibly cheap). How can they expect you to dodge shurinkans and kill ninjas on the ground at the same time !?.

Is there some sort of technique I could use to beat this, should I have more health at this point ? Have I made a huge mistake by not knowing how to use my fire atack to this point ? Please help me so I dont have to file this game under "Too difficult to matter" along with Contra : Shattered Soldier.

Nelo Angelo Mar 7th, 2004 09:41 PM

You could just ignore them, except for the 4 soldiers at the end. :P

If you're low on health then fight the guys near the store and get some money to buy elixers.

Oh, I'm on chapter 10, by the way. :P

And this game is harder than DMC.........

Also, learn to use your ninpo., for ninjas, you could use the Art of the Fire Wheel.

Vicious_2003 Mar 7th, 2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

You could just ignore them, except for the 4 soldiers at the end
THAT exactly what I DIDNT want to do. BUT after about 3 zillion failed attempts I swollowed my pride and ran from all the ninjas. Whiped out the gunmen. Figured out how to beat the monsters (Simple once you igure it out), and then after 3 attempts beat the blob thing. He was pretty easy to beat I thought. But I was VERY close to giving up, I think this game is tetering on the line between Challenging and overly difficult. But it remains on the side of challenging and remains a great, great game.

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 8th, 2004 07:24 AM

I continuely roll whenever I fight the black ninja's. When you roll when the explosive shit goes off, theres a chance you won't be hit. Just keep moving, after you decide to attack, roll some more.

Infernal Mass Mar 8th, 2004 01:27 PM

i'm at level 10 now..the hall of balance

Vicious_2003 Mar 8th, 2004 07:52 PM

Can someone please tell me (In a spoiler) what the combo to the safe inthe "Monk's Room" is in chapter 6 ? Id greatly appreciate it. Im just not following this 2yth day of the twelth month crap

Nelo Angelo Mar 8th, 2004 10:00 PM

Right to 2.

Left to 7(Is this what you meant by y?)

Right to 1.

Left to 2.

I think that's it.

Edit: Remember to press A after each number.

Vicious_2003 Mar 9th, 2004 06:11 PM

Thanks Nelo, I had the numbers right I just wasnt pressing enter after each number. Again, thanks for the reply

Infernal Mass Mar 25th, 2004 03:42 PM

49 scarabs..just one more to go.