PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Put Your Self In Substance (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3266)

MakgSnake Sep 3rd, 2002 11:44 PM

Put Your Self In Substance

Well Most Of U Would Already Know, But For People Who Dont, Its Time To Put Your Names In The "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance". Yeah The DOG TAGS.

They Are Gonna Choose Names Again. And THOSE Names Will Be In ALL Versions Of MGS2:S

So Hurry Up As The Entries Will Be Closed By End Of Sept. Good Luck!.!

Register Your Name For The DOGTAG Now!.!

Have Fun!.!

Frozen Sep 4th, 2002 04:22 AM

Thanks for showing us that thingy, Magk. I Applied. I wonder what criteria will they use to choose the names........ I guess it will be just a random thing (taking out first stupid jokes or names of celebrities, granted)

Beretta55 Sep 4th, 2002 04:50 AM

awsome stuff MAKQ!! its almost is complete only if i could remember my blood type...damn...have to ask my parents or something:disturb:

merylsilverburg Sep 4th, 2002 04:11 PM

Hey! Thanks Makg!! :happy: I would like to register (though I might not be lucky enough to have my name in there :P) but I don't know my blood type. :heh:

Frozen Sep 4th, 2002 08:31 PM

Amazing how these peoples don't not know their own bloodtype. :shock: That is something as important as knowing your last names:nono: *slaps Meryl-chan and baretta* (I'm just kidding :laugh: )

But you can put a "?" in that field if you don't know your blood type, can't you?

Beretta55 Sep 4th, 2002 09:34 PM

yea i asked i know what i am but im not telling!! hahahaha....but im going to put a fake name just for fun:laugh:

Frozen Sep 4th, 2002 10:36 PM

Yes, do that, and then probably it will get selected and then you would have lost that oportunity of having your name on it instead of the fake one. If that happened I would laugh in your face.

Beretta55 Sep 4th, 2002 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frozen
Yes, do that, and then probably it will get selected and then you would have lost that oportunity of having your name on it instead of the fake one. If that happened I would laugh in your face.
cant i just dont like handing out my last name im paranoid like that the interet is not a safe place dude adn BTW i put matt frost
matt is my real name and frost is from residentevil 1 aka joesph frost.

Frozen Sep 6th, 2002 01:04 AM

I respect the way you think about the internet, but I bet that Konami is too serious of a company to give your name out or something like that..... and even if someone evil or sick wanted to do something with it.... what could they? As long as you don't give all your personal info over the internet nothing should happen to you. ;)

Beretta55 Sep 6th, 2002 02:26 AM

true plus i like the name matt frost better:cool:

Frozen Sep 6th, 2002 03:06 AM

You should better put Matt We.... :laugh:

Back to topic, anybody else has put their name in there? :D

Dark Angel Sep 6th, 2002 06:46 PM

Yep me, I'm just being boring and actually using *shock* my normal name etc, and I guessed my blood type, does it really matter? Do you think they'll do a blood test on everyone they pick?:sarcasm:

Frozen Sep 8th, 2002 01:37 AM

Of course they won't :D That does not really matter. It's jsut that a dog tag must have your real info, so, if you ever get shot and need someone to donate blood... they know what type to give you, otherwise your dead. but in a videogame of course it matters not. It jsut would suck to be selected and see that your blood type is different from your real one.

Dark Angel Sep 8th, 2002 02:35 PM

Quote:

if you ever get shot and need someone to donate blood... they know what type to give you, otherwise your dead. but in a videogame of course it matters not.
:peoples:

Heh.....yeah well I think I knew that, but I tried to be in MGS2 as well, did the form and everything..maybe I'll get lucky this time.......maybe not :right:

MakgSnake Sep 17th, 2002 07:41 PM

Yeah.

Quote:

it jsut would suck to be selected and see that your blood type is different from your real one.
Yeah I Agree On That. .... Imagine U GOT Selected And The INFO U Gave In Wasn't EVEN The Right One, Cause When U WERE Registering U Thought "Oh I WONT Get Selected, So I'll Just Play On WITH IT."

I Hope I Get Selected. But I Really Doubt. ............... I Wonder What TYPE Of Names THEY Choose. Is It A RANDOM Selection Or Do THEY Look At The NAMES And Analyze It's Pronounciation And Its Meaning And ALL!.! I Doubt

But If They CHOOSE Names Just Cause They SOUND More "Terrorist" Type. I Wouldn't Have A Problem Then!.!
:disturb:

RobHardo Sep 18th, 2002 11:26 AM

Well I think they'll be choosing the names by how odd it sounds, like me my name is Robert, I hav ea less likely chance to get on than someone named Fred, Carlos, or even Nick. does anyone understand what I mean, like my name just doesnt seem to fit in it, but i still registered anyway

Daniel Legge Sep 20th, 2002 12:43 PM

i already put my name in Substance

Frozen Sep 20th, 2002 11:36 PM

Re: Yeah.

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

But If They CHOOSE Names Just Cause They SOUND More "Terrorist" Type. I Wouldn't Have A Problem Then!.!
:disturb:

:laugh: I'm sorry, but that was too funny. I mean no offense, though. I know what you mean, for my last name also comes kinda from that part of the world (middle east)

But you see, there were all sorts of names in MGS2........ a lot of asian names, as well as hispanic, and russian names...... if yours gets selected, it won't necessarily be just because it may sound like a "terrorist's" name, but just because fate happened to select it ^_^

Besides, arabic-like names are beautiful IMO... it's just that horrible ppl from over there decided to give them such an awful fame, but it doesn't mean your evil just because your from there or your heritage is from there.....

Believe me, I live a very, very similar situation to that.

Anyways, when is the "selection" supposed to be done?

MakgSnake Sep 21st, 2002 01:18 AM

Ooh..

Quote:

I know what you mean, for my last name also comes kinda from that part of the world (middle east)

Hey, What Is Your Last Name, If U Dont Mind Telling Me!.!

Andi Oct 2nd, 2002 01:08 PM

I've put my name down!:roll: