PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bring Me Everything! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6626)

merylsilverburg Aug 21st, 2003 01:36 PM

Bring Me Everything!

Here's some news on animes being licensed:

Bring Me Everything!
Source: OPM Magazine (Official Playstation Magazine) September 2003

In more up-to-the-minute news, everything was licensed at Anime Expo. Almost every current anime of note has been bought by an American distributor and will be available in the United States on DVD sometime within the next 18 months. In the ongoing rush to keep up with digital piracy, American distributors are licensing titles that haven't even finished airing in Japan, as well as shows that are still in production.
Highlights: Bandai acquired the lycanthropian drama "Wolf's Rain" and the cutting-edge "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" TV series.
Pioneer will release the new "Read or Die" TV series, the "Gungrave" anime (based on the PS2 game), and the SF series "Texhnolyze", by the creator of "Serial Experiments Lain".
From Media Blasters, expect the legendary gay raunch epic "Boku no Sexual Harassment", as well as the more conventional "Gunparade March".
Finally, Central Park Media will release new-school parody in the form of "Animation Runner Kuromi".

When these series come over, I'm pretty sure many of you guys will be pleased. "Wolf's Rain" is a great series and I heard great things about "Ghost in the Shell: SAC".
The new "ROD" TV series features two new)?) characters, though I'm not sure of their names.
"Texhnolyze" is a series that will appeal to those who are fans of Yoshitoshi, Abe's style and "The Matrix" series. :) Speaking of Yoshitoshi, his latest series to hit the US is called "Haibane Renmei" for those who are interested.

I'm personally looking forward to the "Gungrave" anime, which I hope is done by Nightow, Yasuhiro (Trigun creator/artist). I haven't heard anything about this series, so if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. :)

Vicious_2003 Aug 21st, 2003 06:54 PM

Thats good news. The more anime exposure the U.S gets the better. I dont generally purchase DVD's so its not a big deal personally. But this will allow the anime fandom here in the states to expand . Maybe someday we can knock down this ignorant stereotype Americans seem to have of animation (That its generally just for kids) . Of course this is but a small step in that direction

Cannibal Clown Aug 22nd, 2003 11:06 AM

Good girl, keeping up on the anime for all of us. I was very psyched about the stand alone complex, and the gubgrave series. if i had the money, i'd probably be more excited, but i'm broke with college and car anbd crap, and i have about 5 or 6 series i'm working on right now. But nontheless, it is very good news, the more anime the better. Last year the most popular christmas gift for teens was anime merchendice, and i'm betting that sales are going to be much higher, and the more released titles the better. I still have to check out Wolfs rain, as soon as i get to it anyways. yay for anime.