PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MGS3 1/6 Snake Figure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7857)

merylsilverburg Sep 14th, 2004 02:31 PM

MGS3 1/6 Snake Figure

Just found out today about the new 1/6 scale Snake figure from Medicom Toys Japan. Snake is wearing a camouflage outfit with a hand grenade in his left hand, his gun in his right, and a knife sits in a sheath on his chest. Its said that Kojima and Shinkawa supervised the creation process to make Snake look as close to the game model as possible.

Pic:

Snake

(The figure on the right is another toy from the same company)

The figure is supposed to be released in December and costs around 18,000 yen which is around $178.00.

MakgSnake Sep 29th, 2004 07:50 PM

I am sooo buying that, if I find it in CANADA. I dont care if its $300 or more. I WANT THAT Figure.

He looks such a bad ass, amazing I would say. I WANT THAT NOW!

Sorry for being so childish. But I really want that figure.

merylsilverburg Sep 30th, 2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakgSnake
I am sooo buying that, if I find it in CANADA. I dont care if its $300 or more. I WANT THAT Figure.

He looks such a bad ass, amazing I would say. I WANT THAT NOW!

Sorry for being so childish. But I really want that figure.

Hehe, don't worry man, those are my thoughts exactly too. :laugh:

MakgSnake Oct 5th, 2004 05:55 PM

Exactly, I just downloaded that picture to my cellphone, and now its my wallpaper. That SNAKE FIGURE LOOKS TOO GOOD. FREAKING TOO GOOD.

I will be going to Pacific Mall over here in Markham (Toronto Area). And I just hope I find it there, all the chineese and japanese stuff is sold there. Everything import.....I see the craziest stuff there, I got Metal Gear Solid 2 Agenda from there, then I got the Metal Gear Solid Lighter/Cigeratte Holder from there......and the Calendar. Its just amazing. Gotta go there soon.

merylsilverburg Oct 5th, 2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Exactly, I just downloaded that picture to my cellphone, and now its my wallpaper. That SNAKE FIGURE LOOKS TOO GOOD. FREAKING TOO GOOD.

I will be going to Pacific Mall over here in Markham (Toronto Area). And I just hope I find it there, all the chineese and japanese stuff is sold there. Everything import.....I see the craziest stuff there, I got Metal Gear Solid 2 Agenda from there, then I got the Metal Gear Solid Lighter/Cigeratte Holder from there......and the Calendar. Its just amazing. Gotta go there soon.

Don't go shopping yet, it's supposed to be released in Japan in December. We importers got a long way to go. :(

BTW, a MGS2 agenda?! That sounds so friggin' awesome! Is it just a plain agenda with Snake on the cover and Raiden on the back or what?

MakgSnake Oct 5th, 2004 06:08 PM

Its a plain agenda, made out of Metal cover, its actual metal on the outside cover, with a full Solid Snake picture encarved into it, the back is plain. Its pretty sweet and awesome, I got it for $45. I know its too much for just a plain agenda, but its not a plain one. Its MGS2 agenda.

And DAMN.....that figure will come out in December and that also in JAPAN?? Thanks for letting me know Meryl, I would have gone this weekend and the drive is also 1 hour, thanks again.

But I want that figure now. Its beautiful.

merylsilverburg Oct 5th, 2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Its a plain agenda, made out of Metal cover, its actual metal on the outside cover, with a full Solid Snake picture encarved into it, the back is plain. Its pretty sweet and awesome, I got it for $45. I know its too much for just a plain agenda, but its not a plain one. Its MGS2 agenda.

And DAMN.....that figure will come out in December and that also in JAPAN?? Thanks for letting me know Meryl, I would have gone this weekend and the drive is also 1 hour, thanks again.

But I want that figure now. Its beautiful.

Wow, that agenda sounds too cool...I want one. :D *steals Makg's copy* :laugh:

Yeah, no problem about the info. I mean, I know how annoying it is to drive a billion miles and not to get anything back. It sucks. The figure is really cool and I want it now too. :arrr:

Vic Viper Oct 12th, 2004 12:31 PM

if you think that action figure was cool, check out this MGS3 premium pack they're offering in japan..

https://www.konamijpn.com/products/mg...04_1005_01.jpg

i wish i live in japan. NA sucks, we dont get any offers like that. :weep:

dan da man Oct 12th, 2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Viper
if you think that action figure was cool, check out this MGS3 premium pack they're offering in japan..

Wow, I wonder what is in that book, and if Hideo Kojima wrote anything init, i've seen a snake model like that in his stealth suit that one out of metal gear solid, I suppose the new statue is for MGS3, and a toy tank to play with in the loading screens too.

Vic Viper Oct 12th, 2004 04:20 PM

hi dan, havent seen you in a while. its nice to see you back.:)

merylsilverburg Oct 12th, 2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Viper

Ah yes, the famous Premium Package. :P I wonder how much this one will cost. I wonder how much we importers have to shell out for it (if we can get it, that is). :laugh: It looks so cool, I love the box!! And I'm also curious about the book too.

And yes, dan welcome back! :D

BTW, has anyone heard of the "Metal Gear Solid 3: First Bite Key Disc" CD? It's supposed to contain around 5 songs from the game (including the US and JP versions of the theme song "Snake Eater") and it's also supposed to contain a few secret downloadable camouflages for the real game. I heard it's given away to people who pre-order the Premium Package. Damn, I wonder what the downloadable camos are. It probably only works for the JP version of the game. Why can't the US come out with something like this? :(