PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Kenshin on Cartoon Network! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5469)

Cannibal Clown Feb 16th, 2003 05:17 PM

Kenshin on Cartoon Network!

I just read this on ANN

According to Cartoon Network’s online programming schedule, Rurouni Kenshin will air weekdays at 6:30EST beginning March 17th. Although the online schedule has proven incorrect on occasion, it is very unlikely that a new acquisition would be posted unless broadcast plans had been secured, so viewers should expect to see Kenshin on television very soon.

Aint that cool!!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 16th, 2003 05:40 PM

That's sounds like good news to me. I'll be sure to watch for it.

Suzuki_Fanboy Feb 16th, 2003 06:35 PM

No, it sucks.

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2003 08:18 PM

My, I was just wondering when the US was going to do something like this. ;)
CC, do you happen to know if it's going to be on Adult Swim?

Well, this is pretty good news for people who aren't able to watch this wonderful series. But, the bad thing is if it's going to just be on CN and not Adult Swim, many parts are likely to be cut out....or it'll be cut out anyway. Not only that, but there are also some very boring episodes and I'm not sure if CN would actually show all 95.

I'm not too happy with this news....RK to me just seems like a series that shouldn't be put on TV...and they're probably going to show the dub version which is...okay, but the sub is much better. Ah, well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

Nelo Angelo Feb 16th, 2003 08:22 PM

CN are the evil butchers of anime from hades/hell.

I hope they don't put Hellsing or Berserk on CN...........

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2003 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

CN are the evil butchers of anime from hades/hell.

I hope they don't put Hellsing or Berserk on CN...........
Oh God, don't say it! >_<

I highly doubt that Beserk would make it to CN though. Beserk is a fairly old anime and it's style might not be too appealing to audiences. Sure, it's bloody and full of action, but...I don't know..I just don't think it will.

Hellsing might be a different story....though it could be on Adult Swim...it might be too dark and "frightening" to some people, since not all who watch Adult Swim are adults...

Vash Feb 16th, 2003 09:13 PM

Good thing, I don't like what CN does too animes, but I don't wanna miss out of seeing the series.

Nelo Angelo Feb 16th, 2003 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Oh God, don't say it! >_<

I highly doubt that Beserk would make it to CN though. Beserk is a fairly old anime and it's style might not be too appealing to audiences. Sure, it's bloody and full of action, but...I don't know..I just don't think it will.

Hellsing might be a different story....though it could be on Adult Swim...it might be too dark and "frightening" to some people, since not all who watch Adult Swim are adults...

If they did put them on CN, they'd both be on Adult Swim. They'd probably instead of blood coming out of bodies it'll be nothing at all. o.o

The old version of Toonami > New version of toonami.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 16th, 2003 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vash

Good thing, I don't like what CN does too animes, but I don't wanna miss out of seeing the series.
I don't want to either. That is why I think it's an alright idea. as long as I see it I don't care.

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2003 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

If they did put them on CN, they'd both be on Adult Swim.
The old version of Toonami > New version of toonami.
Oh, is that how it works now? I haven't watched CN in a while, so I'm not sure if they still have Toonami or if all animes just go into Adult Swim.

Quote:

They'd probably instead of blood coming out of bodies it'll be nothing at all. o.o
:laugh: That's probably what will happen. Reminds me of "The Big-O". On Toonami, they cut out the blood and some parts of the anime. On DVD, it's all in there.

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I don't want to either. That is why I think it's an alright idea. as long as I see it I don't care.
Yes, that's why I said it's good they're doing this for the people who haven't seen it. But, some Rurouni Kenshin fans hate this because CN might cut stuff out. It's really sad because the RK series, though boring at times, have some really great parts. If they cut it off, you'll be missing a little part of the action. :(

Beretta55 Feb 17th, 2003 04:40 AM

I hate toonami. im really starting to lose alot of interest in anime because of them. they dont have anything i like anymore and curse them for taking off tenchi muyo! adult swim is good but i really dont watch it either. i would buy some DVD of these anime's but no cash......well i do have 90 doller's from my birthday......hmmmmmmmmm

ssjtrunks13 Feb 17th, 2003 01:04 PM

I don't think Adult Swim is on at 6:30pm at night. CN is showing .Hack on the weekend and there is also Zoids: CC and GF that comes on toonami. Anything on toonami with blood has the blood cut out, except for when Vegeta was bleeding on his forehead. I think they left that.

Suzuki_Fanboy Feb 17th, 2003 02:31 PM

Meryl, it's going to Toonami, meaning it's going to be butchered. I hear they're takin out all the blood and re-dubbing lots of it.

**** SPOILER ****(sorta)

Spoiler: show
Imagine what they'll do when Kenshin fights that dude who kills himself near the beginning of the series...hehe.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 17th, 2003 03:51 PM

Probably go to commercials at that time not showing you all of the scene.

Suzuki_Fanboy Feb 17th, 2003 06:28 PM

I also wonder how they'll redub conversations between Sano and Yahiko...hehehe...it's going to be funny to see what they do.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 17th, 2003 08:56 PM

Does that mean you are going to watch it just for laughs? I would, but I never saw much of it. Also, I would like to see what they do with the episodes I have seen.

Suzuki_Fanboy Feb 18th, 2003 12:41 AM

Yea, I'll probably watch it for laughs. I've got a good amount of the eps downloaded, and by the time they get to where I left off in the series, the box sets will be out and I'll have even less of a life because I'll be watching Kenshin 24/7.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 18th, 2003 11:09 AM

Well, I hope you have fun watching the episodes and getting agodd laugh at what horrible things cartoon networks has done to them. I'll only be able to do that with only the few episodes I saw.

Hadoken Feb 18th, 2003 01:58 PM

I just got the entire set, but I havent even started watching it yet, i'm about to put it in in a few minutes. Glad I dont have to watch it on CN, i just dont like it how things are edited on tv...:disturb:

Reid Feb 18th, 2003 07:35 PM

I've almost seen all of this show through fansubs so the Cartoon Network version would be sort of interesting to see now . . . not that I get that channel . . . buttt . . . I've never seen dubbed Rurouni Kenshin either.

The only Cartoon Network run dub I've seen is an episode of Outlaw Star . . . .

It was gawdawful, they had Gene wincing in pain and when blood was supposed to be on someone's hand as an indication of this it was just blank.

:P

That and the nudity was covered in badly doctored black briefs and bras on Gene and Melfina . . . .

Ugh, censoring.