PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Final Fantasy VII spin-off unveiled (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7859)

Vic Viper Sep 15th, 2004 04:30 PM

New Final Fantasy VII spin-off unveiled

Quote:

A new game featuring FFVII's Vincent has been announced by Square Enix.
TOKYO--According to the upcoming issue of Weekly Jump magazine, Square Enix is developing a Final Fantasy VII spin-off which will feature ex-Turks gunman Vincent as the main character. The game, which was first hinted at in April, will be titled "Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII".

The only information currently available on the game states that a mysterious group called the DGs is attacking peaceful towns in the world. The game will take place one year after Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, the computer-animation movie that recently premiered at the Venice Film Festival and is slated for release next year on DVD and the PlayStation PortableĀ¹s UMD format.

While Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII is slated for release on the PlayStation 2 in 2005, its genre is left as "undetermined", hinting that the game is still in its early stages of development. GameSpot will bring you more information
linky

Vic Viper Sep 15th, 2004 05:12 PM

heres a scanned pic from shounen jump

https://media.adventchildren.net/scans/jp0915.jpg

Reid Sep 18th, 2004 06:22 PM

I was just about to make a thread about this.

Who knows what it'll be like? I think it would be pretty neat if SquareEnix just bit the bullet and made a PS2 remake of FFVII, though I'm pretty sure that would never happen.

Anyway . . . could be interesting. I wonder what genre it'll be.

Faile Sep 18th, 2004 08:41 PM

I would think that a Final Fantasy VII remake would happen for the tenth anniversary of the game and would now occur on the PS3. At a guess that is.

Vic Viper Sep 22nd, 2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reid

Anyway . . . could be interesting. I wonder what genre it'll be.

there are some rumors that it might be a Devil May Cry type game.

Vic Viper Sep 24th, 2004 02:22 PM

here are some screenshoots of the game.

DragonSphere Sep 26th, 2004 04:30 PM

looks pretty decent....i wonder if they'll incorporate Vincent's transformations in a way like Dante from DMC

happy_doughnut Sep 26th, 2004 06:00 PM

Actually, there are two new FF(7) games that they are planning to develop (in fact, one is already in beta processing). They are called: Final Fantasy 7: The Dirge of Cerberus and Final Fantasy (7): Before the Crisis.

The former is the one that has Vincent as its main character and is also the one Vic posted about. Supposedly, it's not so much of a traditional RPG, like the other FFs, but more action based/oriented. The platform, as of now, which it will be released onto is the PS2.

However, as for the latter game, "Before the Crisis", this game will only be for cell phones. :disturb: Precisely, it will only be for that few select group of people with the NTT DoCoMo 900i phone models. Although this sucks major crocodile butt, one interesting feature for this game is that these cells have cameras in them, and with these cameras you will be able to take pictures of whatever and somehow convert these into "materia" that can be used in the game. This process is called the "Materia Generator." There isn't much info on it, since most sites with decent into about this are in Japanese... and well, I can't read Japanese. :heh:

This feature, I think, is pretty cool, although I'm still uncertain of how this works exactly. Oh, and, albeit this game is already in beta processing in Japan, there is nothing that says that it will be released in the states.

Pooh.