PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   disappointment (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5301)

Matrix Jan 29th, 2003 11:00 PM

dissapointment

as IGN says if any of u have read the review article,

"You may cry too after playing this disappointing sequel."

I trust IGN that this is a good game and all but it's is a dissapointment(like for those of u who thought shinobi was a disapointment)

Sleazy P Martini Jan 30th, 2003 12:04 AM

what game are you talking about?

DSgamer Jan 30th, 2003 12:26 AM

he's talking about dmc2, n e wayz, i buy games because i like them, not because of what ppl say about them

Sleazy P Martini Jan 30th, 2003 12:52 AM

*slaps forehead* Ok just got it - "You may cry too "

dan da man Jan 30th, 2003 10:50 AM

this game seems to be getting bad reviews all over, i was sure on buying it, now its going to be a rent.

ssjtrunks13 Jan 30th, 2003 01:28 PM

As far as you people know, Is there any correlation between the plots of the first and second game?

Vic Viper Jan 30th, 2003 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

As far as you people know, Is there any correlation between the plots of the first and second game?
none what so ever, completely different story.

ssjtrunks13 Jan 30th, 2003 01:38 PM

Now I know I'd like to get this game.

MakgSnake Jan 30th, 2003 01:42 PM

To be honest, I am waiting for Ps2Fantasy's review, I really trust the people here.

Vic Viper Jan 30th, 2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Now I know I'd like to get this game.
um i suggest renting it first cause the story is well, typical dmc, which means not great. voice acting so far is average, dante bearly even talk anymore:( , and lucias voice is weird.. :roll:

dmc doesnt really rely on a strong story, what makes dmc great is its great/stylish gameplay. ;)

Beretta55 Jan 30th, 2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by king_freak

um i suggest renting it first cause the story is well, typical dmc, which means not great. voice acting so far is average, dante bearly even talk anymore:( , and lucias voice is weird.. :roll:

dmc doesnt really rely on a strong story, what makes dmc great is its great/stylish gameplay. ;)
Bah im still getting it. DMC is the best thing to me since butter;)

MakgSnake Jan 30th, 2003 04:19 PM

I am buying this game tomorrow! :D and with it, I am getting The Getaway, StarWars Rouge Leader II, and War of the Monster, either that or "Zone Of Enders"..... I still have to get that title.....or. Dead Or Alive 3. !! :disturb:

ssjtrunks13 Jan 30th, 2003 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by king_freak

It looked great in one of the magazines I had, I wasn't wondering if the story had any connections to the first game so I could know what to expect. I hadn't played the first one, I aksed about the story because I wanted to know if I should have played the first one before this second DMC game.

David Jan 31st, 2003 03:32 AM

I talked about this, im to lazy to say another thing, that why you should not follow peoples reveiws, so click here and read:

https://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=2

dan da man Jan 31st, 2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

To be honest, I am waiting for Ps2Fantasy's review, I really trust the people here.

yes they do good review's here.

dan da man Jan 31st, 2003 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goodman

Yeah, but it wont be soon, likely, and Makg is already buying it. I am omw to rent it now!! I will give you a full review latazzzz....
cheerazz goodman, hope its a good review because i havent even read one yet i dont think.

tha16thletter Jan 31st, 2003 11:32 PM

I got the game the day it came out and I've played about 2 hours with both Lucia and Dante... let me tell you... this game is just... incredible. The amount of different moves and the variety is great, everything is fluid, the graphics are... well, better than the first game's, or atleast on par, and the action is superb.

There are some downsides, however. Things just dont feel as... tight as they did in the first game, meaning that the control, while not less responsive per se, feels less complete. Dante swings his sword a lil slower than he used to, and the game is easy... not as easy as I'm sure you've all been reading in magazines, but waaay easier than the 1st one. Havent gotten to Hard or Dante Must Die modes yet...

Lucia is one of the greatest additions to the game. She doesnt play a whole lot different than her partner, but her style and flair add a new level of "cool" to this stylish game. There are distinguishing characteristics between the two, i.e she's faster, has shorter range, etc. and she has some cool missions that Dante never gets to go on. Great stuff.

In direct comparison to the first DMC, there feels like there is something missing. I cant quite put my finger on it, but theres just something about this game that doesnt scream "I am the best evar!" like the first one. Do not misread this statement, I can't remember a game that I never ever wanted to run from a fight for any reason, a game where I can run up the side a wall, flip off, fire off some rounds, jump up higher in the air and float straight down blasting the hell out of anything before slicing 'em wit' my sword... fun that never gets old. Maybe its the fact that I've almost seen this all before, and the effect has worn off. In any case, this is a wonderful addition to your collection, especially if you never played the 1st one. If you have and were tired of it, dont get this sequel. If you're just looking for more of the same with lots of bells and whistles, this is a high recommendation.

I give it an 8.5/10 overall score.
Oh yea, and forget the story, because it makes absolutely nooooo sense :phew:
[]D

ssjtrunks13 Feb 1st, 2003 12:46 PM

Forget the story? Alright, as long as I can do what you said I think it'll be a good game.:cool:

dan da man Feb 1st, 2003 02:16 PM

tha16letter guy has done the dante disc quick, must be a short game.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 1st, 2003 06:05 PM

I'll take it! But after I do some other stuff. Seems like an interesting game and I'm glad I don't have to play the first game to understand the plot.