PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MGS 2:substance (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5535)

Matrix Feb 24th, 2003 03:06 AM

MGS 2:substance

man oh man, I am so excited only

"9 more days till it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

let the countdown begin

dan da man Feb 24th, 2003 07:32 AM

Yes you get the game in 9 days, we dont, not till march 27th, but we got the xbox version the same day as you, so unfair!

Vic Viper Feb 24th, 2003 03:27 PM

but you guys are getting a free copy of the Document..

NOT FAIR !!!:frust: :P

dan da man Feb 24th, 2003 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by king_freak

but you guys are getting a free copy of the Document..

NOT FAIR !!!:frust: :P

Oh yeah.....We both have out advantages and disadvantages!;) :laugh:

MakgSnake Feb 24th, 2003 06:23 PM

Gonna pick this sweet gem on the day of its release. Oh yeah!!!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 24th, 2003 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dan da man

Oh yeah.....We both have out advantages and disadvantages!;) :laugh:
It seems you guys have better advantages on this game than we do here in North America.

dan da man Feb 24th, 2003 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

It seems you guys have better advantages on this game than we do here in North America.

Kind off, but you guys had the mgs documment disc out for months to buy, we are only just getting it. *cough*FREE!*cough*

Matrix Feb 26th, 2003 06:39 PM

6 more days people!!!!!!!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 26th, 2003 07:07 PM

Best Buy's website says it comes out in 8 days.

dan da man Feb 27th, 2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Best Buy's website says it comes out in 8 days.

Thats a bit confusing, I found out that the xbox version comes out on March 7th, all diffrent release dates!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 27th, 2003 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dan da man

Thats a bit confusing, I found out that the xbox version comes out on March 7th, all diffrent release dates!
Is that for where you live? Over here in North America the PS2 version is coming out on March 6th according to Best Buy's website. I'll know for sure this weekend.

dan da man Feb 27th, 2003 06:00 PM

Quote:

Is that for where you live? Over here in North America the PS2 version is coming out on March 6th according to Best Buy's website. I'll know for sure this weekend.

The Europe release, Yea where I live, becuase its coming out on a lot of platforms, there quite alot of release date!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 28th, 2003 09:23 AM

I understand now. For here the release for the PS2 version according to bestbuy.com is March 6th.

Dark Angel Feb 28th, 2003 04:02 PM

Erm, do you realise the European release of Substance has been put back to March 28th?

dan da man Feb 28th, 2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark Angel

Erm, do you realise the European release of Substance has been put back to March 28th?
Yea, I saw it a couple of days ago, totally forgot. But the xbox version of substance is out on march 7th!

ssjtrunks13 Feb 28th, 2003 06:12 PM

You guys get both versions in the same month? Which are you gonna get?

dan da man Feb 28th, 2003 06:19 PM

Quote:

You guys get both versions in the same month? Which are you gonna get?

I think I might get both, but my bro has got the ps2 and wont let me go on it!:mad:
So il get the xbox version, then a month later when I have some money, I will get the ps2 version, becuase they are released 20 days seprate.

Vic Viper Mar 1st, 2003 06:50 PM

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance FACTS !!!

Quote:

PS2 SUBSTANCE FACTS:

1)There is a little bit of extra cinema that has been re-integrated back into the Sons of Liberty game itself for North America (old to Europe, new to North America)

2)European Extreme Difficulty is available (UNLOCK by completing Tanker-Plant once under any difficulty)

3)The USP Suppressor is available on the tanker's crows nest (UNLOCK by completing Tanker twice under any difficulty)

4)You can see Snake, Pliskin and Raiden in sunglasses throughout the SOL game (UNLOCK by completing Tanker twice under any difficulty)

5)Casting Theater is available (UNLOCK by completing Tanker once under any difficulty)

6)Boss Survival is available (UNLOCK by completing Tanker once under any difficulty)

7)358 VR missions, 153 Alternative missions (Alternative meaning they take place on the Tanker, Big Shell, and Arsenal Gear) for a total of 511 missions.

8)Snake Tales: 5 separate stories to play through all involving Solid Snake. Three of these Tales have possible alternate ending scenarios. Stories are text based.

9)There are 3 extra Snake's to play as in the VR/Alternative/Snake Tales (Pliskin, Tuxedo Snake, MGS1 Snake)

10)There is 1 extra Raiden to play as in the VR and Alternative Missions: Raiden in the Gray Fox Cyborg Ninja outfit (he uses only the HF blade which provides hours of hack and slash action)
*note: I won't even mention that one tiny little VR Mission with "X Raiden" aka naked Raiden.

11)GameShark / Action Replay codes will be available which will allow even more gameplay possibilities.
------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT PS2 SUBSTANCE HAS THAT XBOX DIDN'T:
(ALL NEW FOR PS2)

Skateboarding: With Snake and Raiden.

Five extra characters in Casting Theater: Cyborg Ninja, Raiden (ninja), Otacon, Meryl and Substance MGS1 Snake

Two extra boss battles in Boss Survival: (1) a battle against the Arsenal Tengus where you probably control who you want to (Snake or Raiden) while the other provides back-up, and (2) the tanker soldiers shoot out battle.

If you have a save file on your Memory Card from "The Document of MGS2" it "may" unlock every character and stage in all of the VR/Alternative Missions at the initial start of the game *(I will confirm this as true or false on 3/5)

"The Document of MGS2" is exclusive to PS2, so it's possible the save file deal could work for the USA PS2 Substance (a possible extra reason to own Document)

There won't be any slowdown in frames per second like the Xbox version had (Aft Deck of Tanker):

thanks to SUBTERGAL from the gamefaqs mgs2:S board for this info..
:)

dan da man Mar 2nd, 2003 09:48 AM

Very nice facts King_Feak, nothing new to me, but something to confirm it.:)

ssjtrunks13 Mar 2nd, 2003 11:02 AM

I had no idea of almost all of that. I can't wait to get the game with the MGS2 document DVD for PS2. Thanks for the info and I would appreciate it if you let us know whether the point below is true or false(you could alaways give the link instead):
Quote:

If you have a save file on your Memory Card from "The Document of MGS2" it "may" unlock every character and stage in all of the VR/Alternative Missions at the initial start of the game *(I will confirm this as true or false on 3/5)