PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PS2's best FPS? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=23)

FreakOut Jan 23rd, 2002 06:24 PM

PS2's best FPS?

I feel Half-Life is the most enjoyable FPS for the PS2, it's abit slow at the begining and theres not enough marines to shoot at but overall it's a hell of a game.

jenova_jeb Jan 23rd, 2002 06:27 PM

I haven't played a lot of them, but I thought Quake III: Revolution (or whatever it's called) was pretty cool.

MakgSnake Jan 23rd, 2002 06:28 PM

I Agree

I Agree With You. Half-Life Is One Of The Best FPS Ever, And Even On Ps2 Its Amazing!-!

But I Played Red-Faction, And That Game Is Awesome Too!.! Amazing!!!-!!!

BowevelJoe Jan 23rd, 2002 09:16 PM

hmm...the FPS that has held my interest the longest is red faction, theres just so many things you can do with the geo-mod. I havent played half life, i played it for PC way to much to care to play the PS2 version. if its as good as you guys say it is i may have to check it out...

Spirit Jan 23rd, 2002 11:29 PM

timesplitters or Quake was probably the best ones of ps2, although I've never played half life yet....

Sleazy P Martini Jan 23rd, 2002 11:32 PM

I can't wait for the new Medal of Honor games. Those were my favorite by far.

MakgSnake Jan 24th, 2002 01:12 AM

Same Here!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I can't wait for the new Medal of Honor games. Those were my favorite by far.
Oh Yes! Medal Of Honor Games On PSone Was Amazing, So Just Imagine How Its Gonna Be On PS2.!. They Are Gonna Be Awesome!.! I Cant Wait Either! I Hope They Get A Good Review!

BowevelJoe Jan 24th, 2002 07:56 AM

ah yeah MoH is awsome, maybe it will have a game released for PS2 that will carry over really well and, have a good multiplayer...

nanjij Jan 24th, 2002 12:38 PM

i think the best fps must be red fraction but i think unreal tournements wicked if u have got a mouse. my opinion i think will change when moh: frontline comes out.

x157anz Jan 24th, 2002 05:54 PM

I only have 1 FPS nad thats Red Faction and tthats an amazing game !!!!!!! Half Life looks good but aint it the same as the pc?!?!
Thtas why peeps are saying its lame

BowevelJoe Jan 24th, 2002 07:47 PM

haha HL was awsome on PC, its just too much of a multiplayer game(counterstrike:D )but anyways ill save my $50 on that, and keep with the PC version

Reid Jan 27th, 2002 11:35 AM

I've only played Unreal Tournament but I found the controls were really awkward, so I'm kind of apprehensive about buying and PS2 first person shooters.

BowevelJoe Jan 27th, 2002 06:44 PM

yeah i bought UT for PS2 and the controls were terrible, and yeah im aprehensive about buying console FPS too, but most of them translate well, they just need to work on the controls...ALOT lol

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 27th, 2002 11:18 PM

Ok here i go on fps again.I am gonna post the best FPS for story then Multiplay

Story:
1.Half-Life<---nothin better
2.Red Faction
3.AUF

Quake Unreal and Timesplitter dont really qualify as having true story modes

Multiplay
1.Timeplitters<---This is the best foe multiplay if anyone whats to argue with me feel free
2.AUF
3.Quake 3
4.Unreal
5.Halflife
6.Redfaction

BowevelJoe Jan 28th, 2002 08:08 AM

i thought Unreal was alot better than Quake, Quake had mad slow loading times and it slowed down alot more lol..

Spank-A-Thon Jan 28th, 2002 09:19 AM

Gonna have to disagree with you all and say there is no such thing as a good FPS on console (and yes that includes the over-rated Goldeneye)...

Much as I love, nay - worship, my PS2 there is only one place where FPSs belong and that is on the PC.

Until someone can come up with a control method that is as perfect as a mouse/keyboard combo then I'll never touch a console FPS I'm afraid.

With the customisation, ease of control and kick-ass multi-player you get with PC FPSs, even the very best consolse FPS is simply an average PC FPS.

Compare the depth and quality of Deus Ex with Goldeneye. Compare the speed and frame-rate of UT on PC to the PS2 version. Compare the mods and extra skins/levels of PC QIII to the PS2 version. See? No comparison between console and PC FPSs. And as for Half-Life... pah, old hat I'm afraid. PC owners were enjoying that 4 years ago!!!

- S

Neo_Soldier28 Jan 28th, 2002 09:44 AM

Time Splitters 2 when it comes out is gonna be the best because Time Splitters was sooooo cool

Sleazy P Martini Jan 28th, 2002 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Until someone can come up with a control method that is as perfect as a mouse/keyboard combo then I'll never touch a console FPS I'm afraid.
I hate mouse and keyboard controls. The Medal of Honor series had excellent controls. Halo for the Xbox has great controls too. But you have to customize them.

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 28th, 2002 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BowevelJoe
i thought Unreal was alot better than Quake, Quake had mad slow loading times and it slowed down alot more lol..

I agreee with loading time thing but gameplay wise Quake 3 was way faster and more enjoyable

Neo_Soldier28 Jan 30th, 2002 09:30 AM

I agree with SSSnake quake is a fast pace game he kicked my @$$ in it when i played against him