PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tribes: Aerial Assault Lan party (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3449)

1stStrike Sep 17th, 2002 08:10 PM

Tribes: Aerial Assault Lan party

Now that the PS2 is online, I had a great idea. Tribes: Aerial Assault will be out soon, and it looks like it'll really kick ass. So I was thinking, get a 16 port router, clear out my garage and tada! Tribes can hold up to 16 players on a server, so that'll work out perfectly. It'd be just like people bringing their PCs and having a LAN party, cept with TVs and PS2s instead :)

I'm sure you could do this with other games to, like Resident Evil Online, maybe some racing games, etc.

What'da think? If anybody lives in NY i'm sure it'd be possible to organize this :P

Sid554 Sep 17th, 2002 08:31 PM

Re: Tribes: Aerial Assault Lan party

Quote:

Originally posted by 1stStrike
Now that the PS2 is online, I had a great idea. Tribes: Aerial Assault will be out soon, and it looks like it'll really kick ass. So I was thinking, get a 16 port router, clear out my garage and tada! Tribes can hold up to 16 players on a server, so that'll work out perfectly. It'd be just like people bringing their PCs and having a LAN party, cept with TVs and PS2s instead :)

I'm sure you could do this with other games to, like Resident Evil Online, maybe some racing games, etc.

What'da think? If anybody lives in NY i'm sure it'd be possible to organize this :P

Doesn't this sorta defeat the purpose of the game's online capability? Just maybe?

1stStrike Sep 17th, 2002 08:38 PM

Not really..there's plenty of online games people have LAN parties with on PC (Counterstrike for example) and it's a blast. It gives people a chance to all get in one spot and play with a 10-30 ping and play for keeps. Anybody that's ever been to a lan party will tell you just how much they kick ass unless the host had no idea how to configure his network.

It would work really well with Resident Evil Online to I bet, depending on how they setup their online gameplay.

https://www.residentevilfan.com/reonline/multimedia.asp

sample movie

Sid554 Sep 18th, 2002 07:53 PM

Just seems inconvenient to lug your ps2 and TV to someone elses house when you can just play online, that's all. Come to think of it, I don't even know 16 people who own PS2, let alone 1 particular game for it-sounds like it could be a hard thing to organize.

1stStrike Sep 18th, 2002 09:20 PM

I know a guy that runs LAN parties in his garage all the time and like 20 people show up for that. and they lug entire PCs so..a tv and a ps2 is no biggie :P