PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   No doubt about this. DBZ 0wnz (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3207)

CS_Nerd Aug 31st, 2002 03:18 PM

No doubt about this. DBZ 0wnz

https://www.cllc.ch/images/dbzp%20small.jpg

Best anime i ever watched in my life.

Hope i can watch all the GT episodes

Rei Aug 31st, 2002 04:32 PM

I'm not a great DB fan, but it's always good to read that someone likes an anime series so much.
Have you watched the first DB series (not DBZ) too?
I suggest you to try that one, if you liked DBZ and you still haven't seen it.

Qjij_jijQ Aug 31st, 2002 06:06 PM

If you love Dragon Ball Z... you'll probably love this:

Little teaser

... enjoy ;)

Uchiha Sasuke Aug 31st, 2002 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
If you love Dragon Ball Z... you'll probably love this:

Little teaser

... enjoy ;)

Umm if theres going to be a dbz *movie* i will die from excitement.Yeah DBZ is a good anime very dependent on story and character development.Too bad the original db focused on humor and not action which made dbz popular.

Pu the Owl Aug 31st, 2002 06:38 PM

I think the original series of DB was brilliant. That was the old original Toriyama style, the one you can find also in his other works. It was more hilarious, but it was also less repetitive than DBZ and DB GT.

Qjij_jijQ Aug 31st, 2002 07:19 PM

Well, I think you should probably lay down then SSSnake, 'cuz there is going to be a Dragonball Z movie that will be made by 20th Century Fox and it should come out between Fall 2003 - Summer 2004

I read somewhere that it's supposed to be the 'Next Big Thing' and that they want it to be as 'big' as Star Wars was !

Sweetness ! :D

RobHardo Sep 2nd, 2002 03:47 PM

Sometimes i enjoy the humour in DB more than the action, its just funny stuff :laugh:

Frozen Sep 2nd, 2002 04:02 PM

Re: No doubt about this. DBZ 0wnz

Quote:

Originally posted by CS_Nerd
https://www.cllc.ch/images/dbzp%20small.jpg

Best anime i ever watched in my life.

Hope i can watch all the GT episodes

Believe me, YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH DRAGON BALL GT. It's the worst thing that could have happened to the series. Firstly, it was not made by Toriyama (he just helped at the beginning) but was made by some idiot who bought the rights to continue the series wwith whatever he had in his stupid mind. Secondly, it just sucks. DON'T WATCH IT! You'll waste your time and money, perhaps. But watch the ending though. Is the only good thing it has.

Both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z rule. Some of my favorite animes of all times, I just love them ^_^

P.S. Fox's movie is going to suck royally, guys. Or at least that thing will certainly not be DBZ. Just somethign using the name of the anime. Just think of "Street Fighter live action movie" it is really going to be sad.

CS_Nerd Sep 4th, 2002 11:26 AM

I have watched all the DBZ episodes but not GT ones and DB ones. I think DB ones suck

Hylas Sep 4th, 2002 11:37 AM

DB series is really good and I quite like it. But Frozen is right: DB GT is just terrible! If you're smart enough, you'll end heating GT series. It's clearly made with the only purpose of making money exploiting the ideas and the ideas behind a famous series. I wouldn't recommend you to watch it, while the original DB is a completely different story. Less action than DBZ, but more humor and originality.

Regarding the movies: I've once watched a movie of DB, but it was simply ridiculous. Same story of DB GT: making money out of a well known series, without the intentions of making a good movie.

CS_Nerd Sep 4th, 2002 02:26 PM

Lol i know GT sucks. I heard from alot of ppl. Drawing sucks, Story sucks.... But i want to watch the ending. :D

Frozen Sep 4th, 2002 09:35 PM

Now, believe me, YOU WANT TO WATCH Dragon Ball.... that series is, well, the beginning, nothing less!!! I think it's just as long as DBZ, it's not as "serious" in the beginning, but it's usually more funny and enjoyable. But it still has the same "seriousness" that DBZ has, it's just that it goes more slowly... you know, begining at Gokou as a child and then see how he grows and gets to be more "mature". It is indeed a great series, and for me there is no difference between DB and DBZ. I just consider them the same series (and in some sense, they are)

Now, DB GT does not comply with that "feature". As Hylas said, it's just soem crap made out of the anime just to make more money. They really ruined all of the characters and concepts from both DB and DBZ.

But yeah, the end of that series is a must watch if you consider yourself a fan of the series. I cried when I watched it.

007_JamesBond Sep 6th, 2002 11:27 AM

what you say about Gt I dont care I will watch it anyway for the simple fact that watching the Freiza, and Cell saga over and over again gets a little boring and we need a little change of pace, but dont get me wrong I love the series and I watch sometimes even if I have seen it before

CS_Nerd Sep 6th, 2002 11:36 AM

GT sucks but if you want to watch it, go ahead. I rahter would watch Raditz

Frozen Sep 7th, 2002 04:01 AM

Everyone has their own opinion about it, and it muct be respected. is just that Gt gets out of any parameters. If you get tired from Raditz and Freiza, then watch the Cell saga and the Mahjin Buu saga. You won't regret it ;)

But GT just plain sucks. It's just horrible !!! :mad:

CS_Nerd Sep 7th, 2002 10:34 AM

I am not blaming those of u who likes to watch GT. I don't like it though. But i like golden ozaru. :D

JC Denton Sep 7th, 2002 03:15 PM

whats everyones favourite qoutes from any of the dragon ball seriess,

or movies,

mine has to be either

"le legenede de la suuuper saaaayain"-all the z fighters say it at some point
damn italian dubbing (i beileve it doesn't even make sense)

or

"ive only got one one arm, but one arms all i need"-gohan

"buu no stop, no stop"-buu (only sounds good with the english dubbed voice, (american one is stupid)

"buu make you go bye, bye, pow,pow, pow"buu

"buu drop you down, you get back up again, buu drop you again"-buu

"the only thing you cant take from a saya-jin, his pride"

i love all dragon ball z quotes.

ps.(american hercule sounds to tough, and teenage gohan seems much less of a whimp than gohans english voice,)

CS_Nerd Sep 7th, 2002 03:49 PM

Quote:

Trunks... Bulma... I am doing this for you... And yes even you Kakarot... -Majin Vegeta
Quote:

Do you need to recharge your battery, android? -Piccolo-
Quote:

Buu big mad now. Which of you guys kick buu. -Fat Buu
Quote:

Alright then. Let's do it! -SSJ Goku in Cell Game
Quote:

Kakarot... By the time you wake up, this will be all over. I may be gone... But this planet will be safe again. I'll stake my life for it! -Majin Vegeta-
Quote:

I was a proud saiyan... Until you stepped in Kakarot! -Majin Vegeta-

Vicious_2003 Sep 9th, 2002 05:20 PM

Did I just hear right !? Cartoon Network will be airing 37 new episodes of Dragon Ball Z Monday September 8th !!!. Finally, some new Dragon Ball to watch for us who dont buy the videos and DVD's . I CANT WAIT. Also for those who have seen it, please dont ruin it for me , thanks !

CS_Nerd Sep 10th, 2002 10:56 AM

Well, YTV is already airing New episodes in Buu Saga. I am currently watching Yamcha, Bulma, Videl and other people gathering Dragonballs to revive people Majin Vegeta and Buu killed.