PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Give a salute to Solid Snake (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9546)

Siberianhusky89 Jun 11th, 2008 04:09 PM

Give a salute to Solid Snake

Tonight at 12:00, midnight, 2400 hours, the beginning of June 12, 2008. I will be giving a salute to Solid Snake. I'm trying to get other people to join, who will join me?

Pu the Owl Jun 11th, 2008 04:49 PM

I'll give him a salute a bit earlier 'cause I'm in another part of the planet. So, eek, it's only 11 minutes till 12:00! :shock:

jjmoohead Jun 12th, 2008 01:21 PM

Unfortunately I won't be getting the game until July 3rd. My girlfriend is most likely getting it for me for my birthday.

RobHardo Jun 14th, 2008 09:26 AM

all i can say after beating the game is......wow...it does not disappoint at all...now I can wrap my fingers around MGOnline

merylsilverburg Jun 17th, 2008 09:41 PM

My, you've finished it already Rob? That's quick...either the game is easy or you're too good. :cool:

I've yet to play it mainly due to personal family problems and also fear - fear that to play it is to actually acknowledge its end. That playing it will eventually bring about the ending - which I am afraid of - and also the realization that the series is actually finished. It's a weird thing: if I avoid playing it, I can avoid the fate of the characters.

I'm a coward, I know.

MakgSnake Jun 23rd, 2008 10:41 PM

I have finished it twice now. Going at it the 3rd time. I have to say, that this is by far the best video game I have ever played in a LONG TIME. And I think it will stay the best for years to come. EVERY game will be compared to this GEM.

My god Kojima knows how to end things up. It took me to an EMOTIONAL Roller coaster ride that I thought I would never experience. MY LORD its amazing. I actually cried multiple times during some sequences. Its just that amazing.

I do SALUTE Solid Snake. But I have to Salute Kojima for making this Master Piece.

WOW!

Spoiler: show
But I do think that the ending was inspired by The Matrix Revolutions. And I dont mind that at all. I LOVE the Matrix Trilogy, 3rd one being my fav and I see that KOJIMA loved it too. I am just glad. I love Metal Gear Solid 4 and it couldn't have ended any better.

Oh and the OLD SNAKE soundtrack. THE BEST MUSICAL SCORE EVVERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frozen Mar 18th, 2009 12:24 AM

Bro,

I've only finished it once, but I just got my PS3 a few weeks ago so I'm playing SF4 right now. Nevertheless, I agree with you, this is one of the best games in history, ever. An emotional roller coaster indeed, typical knot in the throat in the end. But the stuff
Spoiler: show
after the credits
was off the hook. My salute goes to Solid Snake and the whole team that put the game together.

And I feel you Meryl, it is very sad to acknowledge that it has come to an end. It's one of those things that have been part of my life and gave me something to look forward to despite my drastic detachment from videogames.

Have you guys been playing MGO? I'd love to add you guys to my friends list!

-Frozen.