PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   who is the best FF character in the series? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3124)

Dirty_harry Jul 26th, 2002 08:42 PM

who is the best ff main character?

to me its Cloud Strife

IcyMourdor Jul 26th, 2002 09:30 PM

Delita, of FFT. He is strong, manipulative, and charismatic. Just like me.

Oh, BTW, we have a FF forum, so threads like these go there.

kupoartist Jul 27th, 2002 04:07 AM

Terra and Celes are my fave mains. Well they were kinda main characters, as the plot seemed to centre around them more than anyone else.

Terra was great because she was just so lost, and couldn't understand her emotions at all. Celes was great because she showed a great will to go on when the world, had quite literally ended.

Pu the Owl Jul 27th, 2002 08:22 PM

I'd say Cloud Strife is the best among FF main characters, but it's also true that he needs Sephiroth to be the best main character, while other main characters don't need a villain to gain a certain "strenght" as much as Cloud.
Does it make any sense to you?

IcyMourdor Jul 27th, 2002 09:48 PM

I got it, a hero needs to beat up someone. The hatred makes the character of Cloud.

Sort of like Delita. He uses *censored*'s death as the fuel which makes him start his quest.

kupoartist Jul 28th, 2002 04:07 AM

that seems to be the case with a lot of the best characters... I'm sure my love of FF6 is due to the way 14 or so very different characters are all grouping together to take out Kefca, just because he's the kind of psycho who'd rip the world apart ^_^

I can't speak for FF Tactics, as I haven't played it, but I assume with such a varied cast as it seems to have, the same is probably true... (hurry up FF:T GBA ^_^)

Macceh^ Jul 28th, 2002 02:05 PM

Admitaly so Cloud is made by his driven hatred for Sephiroth an exelent character esily one of my fave's. I also liked Tidus he had a sorta ****sure attutude that he suited.

Hylas Jul 30th, 2002 06:09 AM

I think Cloud is the best main character. This is one of the reasons who make FF7 the ff game I like the most among all.

Genesis Jul 30th, 2002 06:30 AM

What the... What about votes for Squall or Zidane?! Oh well, for me it's a throw-up between Cloud and Squall. Cloud just looked cool, with his sword and soldier uniform and all. Then there was his whole hatred towards shinra and sephiroth. I also like Squall, cause i can relate to his character and his gradual change from what he was at the start of the game to what he becomes at the end due to Rinoa and all...if you know what i mean.

Hylas Jul 30th, 2002 06:37 AM

Squall is a cool character, yes, but considering that in FF8 I prefer Laguna, I cannot consider him as the best main character. And regarding Zidane... He's funny, but I don't even remember when he starts being the main character of the game. I mean, during the first part of FF9 Garnet seems to be way more important than him.

kupoartist Jul 30th, 2002 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hylas
Squall is a cool character, yes, but considering that in FF8 I prefer Laguna, I cannot consider him as the best main character. And regarding Zidane... He's funny, but I don't even remember when he starts being the main character of the game. I mean, during the first part of FF9 Garnet seems to be way more important than him.
yay! Sir Laguna ^_^... but then, he kind of is Squall anyway (whoops - said too much again :laugh: )

And Zidane is very much certainly the main character. Comparativly, you probably spend as much time playing as Tifa and Cid as you do Garnet, and the fact that for 95% of the rest of the game, you'll be forced into having Zidane in your party kind of hints at the fact that he's your main character. like it or not. Anyway. Heres a picture of Cloud talking to an evil blue guy... For no reason:
(because...)

Macceh^ Jul 31st, 2002 02:29 AM

lol Artist is that Kingdom Hearts?

kupoartist Jul 31st, 2002 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Macceh^
lol Artist is that Kingdom Hearts?
yeah... sorry :laugh:
I really, really like the idea of all these FF characters being put into the game... Cloud, Aeris, Cid, Selphie, Squall, Tidus, Wakka a Moogle and even Yuffie ^_^

Eternal Life Jul 31st, 2002 06:14 AM

I'm probably the only one who likes Zidane above all the other main characters... oh well, doesn't really matters :D

thenagan81 Jul 31st, 2002 09:18 PM

Well Personally I hated Squall b/c I really didn't like FF8 for some reason every other game had me majorly interested than that but I really like Cloud and Zidane they had me coming back to the game for more baby and everything takes me back to FF10

Kigdom Hearts is going to be bad!!!!!!!!!!!

Beretta55 Aug 1st, 2002 02:22 AM

i have to say cloud! he was just so cool!

BlueShark3 Aug 1st, 2002 08:46 PM

id have to say both

Cloud and Tidus

RobHardo Aug 1st, 2002 10:41 PM

cloud the man for the job lol

RichHo Aug 20th, 2002 06:34 AM

i think cloud was the man....decisive and couragous. i think tidus is kinda gay, and his so annoying!

Soul Angel Aug 20th, 2002 12:40 PM

I like quite a few of the main characters, but Cloud is probably my fave, I liked his whole personality :)